• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Why him? People just want Mii...
Well, because he is a Mii and therefore is a resonable candidate for a preset skin choice? The Mii being included doesn't mean it being only your Mii like in MK. Hell, technically Sakurai could decide to go only for a set number of preset Miis because.... because Sakurai.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, because he is a Mii and therefore is a resonable candidate for a preset skin choice? The Mii being included doesn't mean it being only your Mii like in MK. Hell, technically Sakurai could decide to go only for a set number of preset Miis because.... because Sakurai.
...When did I say "I only want my Mii"? I don't remember bringing that up...

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
...When did I say "I only want my Mii"? I don't remember bringing that up...
Indeed, you didn't say that directly. However this is THE known implementation (in MKWii and MK7) for some reason. I could only assume that you either didn't know the character in question is a touched-up Mii, or that you assumed a similar system; I tried to address both in case someone else would assume otherwise.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Indeed, you didn't say that directly. However this is THE known implementation (in MKWii and MK7) for some reason. I could only assume that you either didn't know the character in question is a touched-up Mii, or that you assumed a similar system; I tried to address both in case someone else would assume otherwise.
...Let me pull something up...
Honestly, while I don't care about Mii's, I think I have an idea that may be a bit more tolerable:

How 'bout this... We get Mii as a character, though it's a character in of itself.
No customization, no using your own Mii's, just a character like everyone else, with it's attacks being a mishmash from Mii games.
It's normal look will be of the "generic Mii", or:
And it's pallet swaps would be the "guest Miis".
That way fans will get their character, but it'll be more tolerable.
How 'bout that?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I dunno, considering Sonic's relationship with the Wisps, I could see him getting along with the little Luma and finding it to be absolutely adorable.

Rosalina had different colored ones at certain times in the trailer, so maybe there could be a screenshot of Sonic with a blue one. :3

I dunno, just a cute thought. I love Lumas and would definitely hug one if I could. XD
You know, I'm pretty surprised that we haven't seen any Sonic Colors references yet. But I guess seeing Sonic with Rosalina's Luma partner would at least try to imitate Sonic's relationship with the Wisps.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
About Miis: Sorry, MVG, but I don't follow this thread daily, and even if I did, I wouldn't link you with the post that was around 50 pages ago. That said, it was only a misunderstanding, so let's end it at that.

About Sonic Colors representation: Would Wisps work better as stage obstacles or items?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
About Miis: Sorry, MVG, but I don't follow this thread daily, and even if I did, I wouldn't link you with the post that was around 50 pages ago. That said, it was only a misunderstanding, so let's end it at that.

About Sonic Colors representation: Would Wisps work better as stage obstacles or items?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, what do you want?
A character? Or a bunch of immature jokes called faces?
Even the most standard of Miis are nothing but a joke, so they both mean the same thing in this case.

That being said, I wouldn't want them at all. If they had to be in the game, though, I'd prefer them to be as they always have been. It's not that big of a deal anyway.

But that whole rumor about them is BS anyway, so I don't even consider them a possibility.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Even the most standard of Miis are nothing but a joke, so they both mean the same thing in this case.

That being said, I wouldn't want them at all. If they had to be in the game, though, I'd prefer them to be as they always have been. It's not that big of a deal anyway.

But that whole rumor about them is BS anyway, so I don't even consider them a possibility.
Look, I don't care 'bout Miis either. I was thinking that if this happened, people could have their Miis but in a way we can tolerate as well.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Sh#$, Viridi in a screenshot.
I now 100% believe the Palutena leak.
Sakurai really is conceded enough to include any character he's worked on.
Just kidding, she'll be a great addition.
But just imagine if, instead we get a screenshot of Palutena as an assist trophy tomorrow...but in the top left corner we can make out the lower tip of Ridley's wing.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sh#$, Viridi in a screenshot.
I now 100% believe the Palutena leak.
Sakurai really is conceded enough to include any character he's worked on.
Just kidding, she'll be a great addition.
But just imagine if, instead we get a screenshot of Palutena as an assist trophy tomorrow...but in the top left corner we can make out the lower tip of Ridley's wing.
Probably a coincidence...

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Look, I don't care 'bout Miis either. I was thinking that if this happened, people could have their Miis but in a way we can tolerate as well.
I think I have a good idea for Miis:
Instead of having a moveset for them, there's a "mii" version of every character, which has the miis dress up as the respective characters, but also wearing stuff to have them keep the same hitboxes and such (like, say, wearing a little pikachu costume, or wearing heavy dedede clothes)

And hey, the reveal for it could be Sakurai's mii in Zelda's dress or something.:bee:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think I have a good idea for Miis:
Instead of having a moveset for them, there's a "mii" version of every character, which has the miis dress up as the respective characters, but also wearing stuff to have them keep the same hitboxes and such (like, say, wearing a little pikachu costume, or wearing heavy dedede clothes)

And hey, the reveal for it could be Sakurai's mii in Zelda's dress or something.:bee:
But then what's the point? It's pretty much the same character just a Mii.

Shroob

Sup?
I really wish we had a release date, though I assume we probably won't until E3.... which would mean a Q3/Q4 release...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I really wish we had a release date, though I assume we probably won't until E3.... which would mean a Q3/Q4 release...
There's always GDC in March. Have some faith and positive outlook Baker, my boy. *eats cucumber sandwich*

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
http://en.bab.la/dictionary/japanese-english/外傷

External wound, not damage to one's psyche.

Don't feed the troll MisterVideoGaming.
I asked my fiance (Japanese) about the differences between Gaishou (外傷) and torauma (trauma) and if you can use Gaishou for psychological damage. According to her, that indeed Gaishou is usually limited to external injuries but can apply to psychological damage extended from said injuries. However, torauma is more often used in the medical field and, in this case, applies more so to Samus.

When I translated it, I must of mistook trauma for my definition of the word. I would like to take a look at it again.

EDIT: I went and found the image @Swampasaur sent me.

The word used is not Gaishou (外傷) but is torauma ( トラウマ) which indicates psychological trauma. Here are the differences

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/心的外傷
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/外傷

Then I typed in the katakana into Google Japan, I got the first link. Shintekigaishou is the first and translates emotional trauma or, to be more exact, PTSD. Torauma is associated with this word and is used interchangeable within Japan, according to my fiance.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think we'll get something good today. I was looking at a picture of Sakurai and I swear it blinked at me.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I asked my fiance (Japanese) about the differences between Gaishou (外傷) and torauma (trauma) and if you can use Gaishou for psychological damage. According to her, that indeed Gaishou is usually limited to external injuries but can apply to psychological damage extended from said injuries. However, torauma is more often used in the medical field and, in this case, applies more so to Samus.

When I translated it, I must of mistook trauma for my definition of the word. I would like to take a look at it again.

EDIT: I went and found the image @Swampasaur sent me.

The word used is not Gaishou (外傷) but is torauma ( トラウマ) which indicates psychological trauma. Here are the differences

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/心的外傷
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/外傷

Then I typed in the katakana into Google Japan, I got the first link. Shintekigaishou is the first and translates emotional trauma or, to be more exact, PTSD. Torauma is associated with this word and is used interchangeable within Japan, according to my fiance.
Huh, so i guess only Ridley would fit the bill for that use of the word. At least we know now for sure that he is who Sakurai is referring to.

Rumors thread got weird so i'm just gonna leave that alone for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom