• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Okay, updated the first post. Also, I took out the day-to-day spoilers, and spoiler tagged entire months for easier navigation and to avoid unnecessary page-stretching!

I'm fine with any Toad and my avatar is awesome.

He might be referring to something else but we don't know.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Finally great to be back!
To sum up some of the recent photos and all not posted yet (I think):

August 29: Link showing off an attack with a sword trail, with Kirby in the back. Pyrosphere is the stage.

August 30: Mega Man and Samus doing the Charged Shot, except it was said that they're "different" moves, as in Mega Man's Charged Shot is his Side Smash. It's a 3ds pic on that Arena place.

September 2: DK, Luigi, and Mario in Pyrosphere. It's said that DK is one of the more powerful characters atm, but will be balanced out.

September 3: Villager doing the Balloon Fighter thing, and Fox shooting at the balloons on Battlefield.

September 4: Mega Man using his sliding move to slide under Pit's arrow on Battlefield; a 3ds pic.

September 5: Mega Man looking at WFT running (in the middle of a marathon according to Sakurai's message)... somewhere on the Skyloft stage.

September 6: Pika using neutral B on Pit using the Upperdash Arm. Based on Sakurai's message which is "Although it'll do Pit some damage, Thunder Jolt isn't powerful enough to stop the Upperdash Arm!", this implies that Pit's Upperdash Arm move may have Super Armor frames or just won't flinch to weak attacks, sort of like Snake when he does his Up-B.

September 9: Villager and Mario on that yellow Plane that's flying right above the town.

September 10: Kirby using the hammer move in midair with a background that looks like space or just a night blue sky.

September 11: Pyrosphere from different angle. Morph Ball also based on Other M.

September 12: Peach revealed, with the pic being her about to use her F-air, aka, the crown.

September 13: Peach and Luigi.

September 16: Link and Olimar, 3ds pic. So now we finally got a pic of 3ds Olimar.

But here, this is what I found (or was shown) that has all the Daily pics with Sakurai's "Message of the Day", which will prove really useful.
http://imgur.com/a/equAc

It's a gallery or all the pics of the days. This way, you can review all that you missed, or if you want to see a favorite again. It tends to be updated sometime around 1am pacific time, often before the Smash Site itself updates. I apologize if I did something wrong.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In a weird way, this kind of worked out because after the Pyrosphere reveal it was about a three week stall between it and Peach where the updates between weren't all that interesting aside from the heavily insinuated Mario Galaxy stage from last Tuesday.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
If one more person says "OMG, what is that?!?!?!?" in reaction to Crab Rock Island, I just might rage quit.
Seriously guys, you're not Super Sleuths, it's the same golfing place that was in Mii Sports Resort.
Also, glad this websites up.
During the time it was down, I realized who needs to be in almost as much as Gooey:
Abobo
How has this not been a cult (that I've heard of)? He would make for the best Newcomer ever (besides Gooey). Am I the only one who thinks this?

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
And my little bit of fame on Smashboards has come to an end... Oh, well. Perhaps it's better that no one know who I am.

ANYWAY, about today's pic.

"The ladies compare their heights."

Doesn't look like that's the ONLY thing they're comparing...

(Sorry, someone had to say it.)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
If one more person says "OMG, what is that?!?!?!?" in reaction to Crab Rock Island, I just might rage quit.
Seriously guys, you're not Super Sleuths, it's the same golfing place that was in Mii Sports Resort.
Also, glad this websites up.
During the time it was down, I realized who needs to be in almost as much as Gooey:
Abobo
How has this not been a cult (that I've heard of)? He would make for the best Newcomer ever (besides Gooey). Am I the only one who thinks this?
You want Sakurai to go through the trouble of getting rights to a third party character...for Abobo? Unless you're talking about a different Abobo than the one I'm thinking of (which is the one from Double Dragon).

Or are you joking?

D

Deleted member

"Pic of the day. Peach joins the battle! We've added 10 pictures of her on the website, but keep in mind that the game is still in development. Her moves may be refreshed by the time the games are released."
I'm hoping that this means that some character's moves will get refreshed. Some characters desperately need it, like Ganondorf.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I hate to feed the troll, but 14 posts since 2008?

You can't possibly be implying that you took down SWF, AiB, and PM.
I wasn't, actually. I haven't the money nor the brains to pull off such an operation.

I was actually referring to being the Miiverse quote guy on the temp page.

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping that this means that some character's moves will get refreshed. Some characters desperately need it, like Ganondorf.
Ganondorf = Give him a trident, and a projectile attack (break away from the twilight model/moveset)

Lucas = Swap out pk freeze, for PSI Counter. Make his Pk fire have freeze properties and call that pk freeze. Finally for the love of god, if you do Lucas' snake rope in the air, it should poison your foe on contact instead of doing nothing.

Dump wolf altogether, give falco a different B+Up that includes his wings.

Dark moon had good sales, it's time to give weegee a vacuum.

Dump toon link. Make normal link more agile to compensate.

Clone Crisis Averted.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
"Pic of the day. Peach joins the battle! We've added 10 pictures of her on the website, but keep in mind that the game is still in development. Her moves may be refreshed by the time the games are released."
He is most likely referring to animations.

Her right hand gesture implies that she's supposed to hold her dress. Just like she did in Brawl when using utilt.

Wouldn't make any sense to show neutral B at all if he's still considering to completely replace it.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
You want Sakurai to go through the trouble of getting rights to a third party character...for Abobo? Unless you're talking about a different Abobo than the one I'm thinking of (which is the one from Double Dragon).

Or are you joking?
Yes, Double Dragon, (good memory btw), here's why:
Abobosbigadventure.com/
Play the whole thing, it'll take maybe 2 hours, if you take a break during the Mega Mabobo level to cry in a corner.
He appeared on the NES, but elements of this can probably be added.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Reminds me of Metroid Prime 3 when you battle Meta Ridley while falling down than long shaft. Maybe this hints as Rundas being playable in SSB4?
It's the hole in the wall on the Pyrosphere stage, has nothing to do with MP3. You won't see Rundas becoming playable in Smash Bros before he's had an actual major role in any Metroid game, that much I can guarantee, and considering that he's dead then you probably won't ever see him. He would personally still be my second choice after Ridley, but just because I like him doesn't mean much. It's Ridley or no newcomer for Metroid looking at it with realistic eyes.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Wow, Sakurai hates Ridley fans. Another tease. "Look, here's an opening for him to enter the stage through. See how big it is? A perfect fit for Ridley the Stage Hazard!"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just going to quote Xhampi from the Ridley thread, because this is basically what's going on right now for us Ridley supporters:

I love how these pics seem just like a hide and seek game .

Is Ridley flying around the stage ? *insert first pic * No

Is he near the lava ? *pic with Samus in morphball mode* No

Is he in the hole in which he escape in Other M ? *this pic* No

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What does it say on the Miiverse?

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
It's Ridley or no newcomer for Metroid looking at it with realistic eyes.
Your realistic eyes are very wrong. The Metroid universe has far more enemies to put into smash including. Space Pirate Commando, Dark Samus, Chozo Warrior, and Warrior Ing. Each of these guys could have a very good Final Smash too. Space Pirate - Omega Pirate, Dark Samus - Phazon Turbo Mode, Chozo Warrior - Mach Bird Mode (I guess?) Warrior Ing - Emperor Ing.
My point being if you know the Metroid universe truly well then you know that Ridley is not the only option realistically or not. Besids Ridley is too big. This is why Kraid was put in Melee as a stage hazard and Ridley could do the same job in SSB4.
Lastly if you have played Metroid Prime 3. Rundas saved Samus' life twice in that game and I say that deserves some respect. Just because he's dead in the game doesn't mean he can't be in SSB4. Besides Ridley is TOO BIG!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Your realistic eyes are very wrong. The Metroid universe has far more enemies to put into smash including. Space Pirate Commando, Dark Samus, Chozo Warrior, and Warrior Ing. Each of these guys could have a very good Final Smash too. Space Pirate - Omega Pirate, Dark Samus - Phazon Turbo Mode, Chozo Warrior - Mach Bird Mode (I guess?) Warrior Ing - Emperor Ing.
My point being if you know the Metroid universe truly well then you know that Ridley is not the only option realistically or not. Besids Ridley is too big. This is why Kraid was put in Melee as a stage hazard and Ridley could do the same job in SSB4.
Lastly if you have played Metroid Prime 3. Rundas saved Samus' life twice in that game and I say that deserves some respect. Just because he's dead in the game doesn't mean he can't be in SSB4. Besides Ridley is TOO BIG!
I know the Metroid universe very well, it's my favorite franchise of all-time, which is why I consider Ridley the only viable and realistic choice.

The problem with Space Pirates, Chozo Warriors and Ings are that they're generic enemies. It'd be like including a Koopa or a ReDead, they're better off as assist trophies if anything.

Rundas isn't important to the general Metroid story. He appeared shortly in the third installment of a spin-off series that's considered non-canon by the creator of the Metroid series, and his only role was saving Samus' life and then dying as the 3rd or 4th boss, only to be forgotten for the rest of the game. Rundas isn't important enough, he'd be the least all-star on the whole roster, because he has very little importance to Metroid as a series.

Dark Samus is kind of in that boat too. Metroid Prime is more or less a side-story to everything, it's encased in its own little box, seperated from everything else. Dark Samus wouldn't be a wise choice of Sakurai, since people that are unfamiliar with the series would call it off as a Samus clone (which it could end up being if Sakurai is on the lazy side.) Metroid Prime is also even less popular in the east than the standard Metroid games are too, so it wouldn't be a widely acknowledged choice either.

Not to mention an incredibly important aspect to apply to all characters: the demand. None of these characters have any demand at all, Dark Samus' demand died after Brawl, and the other ones simply never had any demand. Unless they're really big WTF characters like Wii Fit Trainer, G&W or R.O.B, then demand is one of the most important aspects.

Top it all off with Other M being the main game this time, seeing that Sakurai constantly stresses everything is off of Other M, Metroid Prime's chance to have anything more than a stage has gone. Metroid Prime was always a side thing, always been considered that by the developers, so it makes sense they'd skip it over too, since in Japan it's viewed as not being very important. I can see all of your recommendations come from this series, and I don't really blame you if you haven't played any of the other games since Prime was fairly popular here in the west, but truth is that it has always been under the foot of Metroid, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Other M. When Sakamoto, the man who owns Metroid currently, considers it non-canon, then of course he wouldn't want any representation from the Prime series to get into Smash Bros, in fact it seems like he has a slight hatred for the series ever since people began saying they'd rather want Prime than Other M.

Also, I don't want to start the Ridley size war in here, but let me just say this. What is Ridley's character about? He's the head of the Space Pirates, Samus' rival, and he's incredibly intelligent. That's where his appeal lies. What is Kraid's appeal? He's ENORMOUS. That's the difference, a character can bypass the size argument if their flavor lies in many other things, that's why Bowser always changes sizes, and that's why Ridley changes size throughout Metroid Prime 3 too. Olimar's character is much more about size than Ridley's is, so scaling Olimar up should be considered to be a bigger betrayal to his character than scaling Ridley down, but oh-my, that's when we figure out that size isn't important unless your whole character is built around it, aka Kraid. That's why Ridley can be scaled down and Kraid can't.

That's my words on the matter, I don't want to derail this thread though, so I'm gonna cut the line here.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
About the picture... nothing relevant.
It's like Sakurai don't want to piss off Ridley fans and is trying give us more time with hope.
Someone asked what Sakurai says in Miiverse :
"Pic of the day. Inside the corridor along one of the walls in Pyrosphere, a view that's really not visible in-game. You can't tell from the picture, but it's actually a gigantic open space."

majora_787

Smash Hero
The Ridley teasers are really silly. "Is Ridley playable, or is he a stage hazard? WHO KNOWS! I do." is basically what is taking place. But I guess it'll be clear sooner or later.

Also really, Ridley is the second most recurring important character in Metroid behind Samus, having been in 7 games. The next character behind that is Mother Brain, who has been in I think 4. Generic Space Pirates and Rundas would probably not be things that happen unless we end up seeing Count Bleck and an Octorock.

And removing Wolf and decloning Falco? Why would you waste all of your time removing a unique character and then decloning a clone when you could ditch the clone for a unique character. I still do not understand this logic.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I know the Metroid universe very well, it's my favorite franchise of all-time, which is why I consider Ridley the only viable and realistic choice.

The problem with Space Pirates, Chozo Warriors and Ings are that they're generic enemies. It'd be like including a Koopa or a ReDead, they're better off as assist trophies if anything.

Rundas isn't important to the general Metroid story. He appeared shortly in the third installment of a spin-off series that's considered non-canon by the creator of the Metroid series, and his only role was saving Samus' life and then dying as the 3rd or 4th boss, only to be forgotten for the rest of the game. Rundas isn't important enough, he'd be the least all-star on the whole roster, because he has very little importance to Metroid as a series.

Dark Samus is kind of in that boat too. Metroid Prime is more or less a side-story to everything, it's encased in its own little box, seperated from everything else. Dark Samus wouldn't be a wise choice of Sakurai, since people that are unfamiliar with the series would call it off as a Samus clone (which it could end up being if Sakurai is on the lazy side.) Metroid Prime is also even less popular in the east than the standard Metroid games are too, so it wouldn't be a widely acknowledged choice either.

Not to mention an incredibly important aspect to apply to all characters: the demand. None of these characters have any demand at all, Dark Samus' demand died after Brawl, and the other ones simply never had any demand. Unless they're really big WTF characters like Wii Fit Trainer, G&W or R.O.B, then demand is one of the most important aspects.

Top it all off with Other M being the main game this time, seeing that Sakurai constantly stresses everything is off of Other M, Metroid Prime's chance to have anything more than a stage has gone. Metroid Prime was always a side thing, always been considered that by the developers, so it makes sense they'd skip it over too, since in Japan it's viewed as not being very important. I can see all of your recommendations come from this series, and I don't really blame you if you haven't played any of the other games since Prime was fairly popular here in the west, but truth is that it has always been under the foot of Metroid, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Other M. When Sakamoto, the man who owns Metroid currently, considers it non-canon, then of course he wouldn't want any representation from the Prime series to get into Smash Bros, in fact it seems like he has a slight hatred for the series ever since people began saying they'd rather want Prime than Other M.

Also, I don't want to start the Ridley size war in here, but let me just say this. What is Ridley's character about? He's the head of the Space Pirates, Samus' rival, and he's incredibly intelligent. That's where his appeal lies. What is Kraid's appeal? He's ENORMOUS. That's the difference, a character can bypass the size argument if their flavor lies in many other things, that's why Bowser always changes sizes, and that's why Ridley changes size throughout Metroid Prime 3 too. Olimar's character is much more about size than Ridley's is, so scaling Olimar up should be considered to be a bigger betrayal to his character than scaling Ridley down, but oh-my, that's when we figure out that size isn't important unless your whole character is built around it, aka Kraid. That's why Ridley can be scaled down and Kraid can't.

That's my words on the matter, I don't want to derail this thread though, so I'm gonna cut the line here.
I would continue this argument as well because I have a lot of really good counterpoints to your post. I love Metroid too I own every game and it is my favorite franchise and I have written two fanfics on it that I never published online because I wrote them when I was in middle school and they were really bad. But anyways even though I would love to discuss this more with you and have a slightly productive conversation (hopefully not an argument). Your right we should not derail the topic of this thread.

MattNF

Smash Lord

Reminds me of Metroid Prime 3 when you battle Meta Ridley while falling down than long shaft. Maybe this hints as Rundas being playable in SSB4?
Wow. Those textures are like gamecube level. That is embarrassing.

*sigh* If only Nintendo created a true next gen console instead of a 360/ps3 level console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom