• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Peach wants Link bad.

Or maybe Sakurai's quote hints that Link liberated Toad from her moveset and now she's about to take it out of his ass.

That face screams: "I'm gonna break your legs."

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Peach and Mario aren't dating she can do what she wants. She's a grown ass woman who don't need no plumber.

Give her what she wants link.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Oh dear, this picture is too much, I almost died when I went on the Dojo and looked at it.
We know one thing: Sakurai does not shy away from the possibility of romance between the Smashers.
I bet the folks at Nintendo's Treehouse have quite a few lines of dialogue between the Smashers, and I'm sure we'll see another picture like this from Sakurai. Hopefully it'll be Zelda and Marth!
Looking at the dialogue of Sakurai's quote, I have no idea. We can take it romantically, or we can take it like she's going to beat him up because he took something of hers. How about that shield doe? He's like "Uh," holding his shield up to protect himself.
Perhaps Peach is using her wiles to throw him off guard so she can get a cheap shot?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Peach has been busy in Smash lately. First she attempted to pull down Wii Fit Trainer's pants and now she's flirting with Link.

Just Peachy. :peach:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If we're back on the one new update a week schedule, we should see something new tonight unless Sakurai wants to be a troll and act like Monday's update (showing Olimar on the 3DS) was that update for the week.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm really enjoying these pictures a lot more than I anticipated. Sakurai has a great eye for cinematic humor.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Haha today's picture is really funny. Although I wish Zelda was in these pictures, dying to see her confirmed.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know, with that challenger approaching banner gone quicker than usual and tomorrow being the digital release of Wind Waker HD for the US. What if tomorrows picture is a continuation to this pic with the confirmation of Zelda returning and attacking Peach in front of Link (or her attacking Link in front of Peach (or both of them))? :p

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Link: I think your hero went somewhere else princess...
Looks like Peach isn't the only one in another castle...

Matching earrings. Link is still the prettier one.

Looks like Link is about to be in another princess.
Hey, at least now Mario can get it two ways from Zelda/Sheik. I just hope he doesn't shrink as soon as he gets hit.
On the plus side, nothing gets you a tail like eating one of his leaves...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm going to be mature here. Let's also hope that a Zelda character's revealed tomorrow. Hopefully Toon Link, my second main.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Wait so there's a Zelda release tomorrow? And if that's true then do we get Iron Man on tuesday to correspond with the IM3 dvd? Wait, nevermind, the Marvel vs. Nintendo site isn't live yet.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What stage is this? The background isn't familiar to me. Sorta reminds me of Final Destination.
It's Battlefield, you can tell from the platform behind Peach and the ruin behind Link. It's just at an odd angle and likely during a period of lighting change, so it seems kind of unfamiliar.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
It's Battlefield, you can tell from the platform behind Peach and the ruin behind Link. It's just at an odd angle and likely during a period of lighting change, so it seems kind of unfamiliar.
I haven't seen the horizon like that before, but the platform is the same so I guess you're right!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I haven't seen the horizon like that before, but the platform is the same so I guess you're right!
It has a similar colour scheme to this style of the Battlefield, it was probably taken slightly after the lighting started to darken:

So my guess is that it's just at an odd angle where most of the background captured in the picture is empty. It is a close-up after all.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The return of footstools should be fun for all. This only shows us the (not very useful) grounded version, but given that it looks identical to Brawl, it's easy to imagine the whole mechanic is pretty similar which is a good thing. They were well balanced in being useful for players who had mastered their appilcation but not really intrusive on gameplay at all otherwise.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The little effect at Samus makes it look like she's ticked off big time, I'd watch my back if I were Peach and Mario.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While personally I think we've had a bit more Peach than I thought we'd have when a character was revealed (I don't recall having that much Olimar photos when he was first revealed compared to what Peach had), at least it shows some Samus and Bowser, and well as said before, the return of footstools. Plus Bowser's "being footstooled" animation is obviously different since he actually stands upright now, which is pretty good.
With that in mind, I hope something new is shown next week, perhaps a new stage, item, or even a new move from one of the veterans we haven't seen yet?

TreK

Is "that guy"
Mario stomping Bowser is incorrect by lore.

I'm still happy that the mechanic is back, though :3

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace

This is just further proof that Sakurai can use two controllers at once and still be awesome at smash. Or maybe he is having help from Iwata I don't know :p
I am so happy though. Now that Peach has been revealed Bowser is getting more and more attention. I love it!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

This is just further proof that Sakurai can use two controllers at once and still be awesome at smash. Or maybe he is having help from Iwata I don't know :p
I am so happy though. Now that Peach has been revealed Bowser is getting more and more attention. I love it!
Bowser sure got screwed right there. Now we just need Yoshi to replicate this moment...

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢

When I first saw this picture, I thought the footstool would make Samus *spark*... and then I saw it coming from Bowser and I was like "nooo..."

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The change from Melee to Brawl was so huge some screenshots of Peach look like Brawl pics sometimes.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The change from Melee to Brawl was so huge some screenshots of Peach look like Brawl pics sometimes.

Ehh the "jump" definitely isn't as large as 64 > Melee or Melee > Brawl but it's still noticeable enough. The stages on the other hand are where Smash really stands out on the WiiU. They're freaking gorgeous (Pilotwings, anyone?). Just look at the Melee background (yuck), the Brawl background (meh), and then the Smash4 background. Night and day.

Plus you also have to keep in mind that these are just screenshots... I'm sure the game will stand out visually more easily in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom