• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
What game is that second pic from?
Edit: Wuhu island was INTRODUCED in Wii Fit. Which was (over)populated with Miis.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What game is that second pic from?

Just going to patiently wait until Crescent Island appears in the background as well, so I can yell off the top of my lungs that Mike is 100% confirmed. :D

... *sigh*

-
Oh well, expectations for tomorrow's update? I want to see MORE of this stage, but I bet that would be too spoil-y.
Wonder when Sakurai will start showing items. Hopefully not tomorrow of course, lol.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
No one is confirmed. Talk like that is kinda dumb. Most characters don't have a stage and a lot of characters have two stages.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I do hope that the propeller doesn't obscure our view of the fighting.

Beyond that one qualm I'm sure the team has addressed/will address, I love it.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Just going to patiently wait until Crescent Island appears in the background as well, so I can yell off the top of my lungs that Mike is 100% confirmed. :D

... *sigh*

-
Oh well, expectations for tomorrow's update? I want to see MORE of this stage, but I bet that would be too spoil-y.
Wonder when Sakurai will start showing items. Hopefully not tomorrow of course, lol.
I hope Crescent Island appears because didn't they cut it from the remake's release or one of the sequels? So I hope they throw it in if this stage does move to several areas.

I do hope that the propeller doesn't obscure our view of the fighting.

Beyond that one qualm I'm sure the team has addressed/will address, I love it.
It looks fairly transparent since it is moving but it may be slightly opaque during the 'start up.'

Groose

Smash Champion
Please, please, please let us visit Wuhu. Even if there isn't a stop, spend some time flying around it as well.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

We don't know if the plane will even GO to Wuhu Island. It might be nothing but background scenery.

If Miis are playable, it's not because of this stage. This is a Pilotwings stage, not a Wii Sports one. :p

Wuhu Island is not the first crossover island from the franchise.

--

May I point out though, it becomes more likely that Miis are in because they were the Pilots in the most recent game?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
May I point out though, it becomes more likely that Miis are in because they were the Pilots in the most recent game?
Honestly the way I see it ehhhhhhhh not really. For one it starts out on snes island so it is obvious this is more intended to display pilotwings as a whole. It's like saying a mario kart stage makes mii's more likely because they were playable in the most recent game. Smashville in brawl (also hanenbow and something that I might be forgetting) is pretty much proof that you do not need to have a playable character to have your franchise represented by a stage. Does that means mii's won't make it in? No. They're quite likely actually but this changes absolutely nothing.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What MargnetMan23 said.

Remember Miis are just copycats.

Pretty sure a Mii wouldn't represent any established franchise stage, other than a WII themed one.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Exactly what I was thinking.
Remember Miis are just copycats.

Pretty sure a Mii wouldn't represent any established franchise stage, other than a WII themed one.
Wow. Mii's are imitating quite a few Smash Bros. characters in that picture. While is very, VERY unlikely, it's interesting to thinking about the possibility of Mii's having a copy ability similar to Kirby. Perhaps if that were the case, Kirby would get a new move. He did lose his copy ability in Epic Yarn, now that I think about it.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

Wow. Mii's are imitating quite a few Smash Bros. characters in that picture. While is very, VERY unlikely, it's interesting to thinking about the possibility of Mii's having a copy ability similar to Kirby. Perhaps if that were the case, Kirby would get a new move. He did lose his copy ability in Epic Yarn, now that I think about it.
It's possible that Mii's are playable, but just use someone else's moveset at random (or you select it), just like "Uke" the wooden man from that 3D fighting game that had a boxing kangaroo.
Sakurai just showed us the sticky bomb yesterday man.
Correction: He showed Mega Man's down special

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
It's possible that Mii's are playable, but just use someone else's moveset at random (or you select it), just like "Uke" the wooden man from that 3D fighting game that had a boxing kangaroo.

I'm almost positive leaf shield is his down special, crash bomb is more likely to be his side special :p

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Kirby's main (iconic and unique) ability? Haha no thats not going anywhere. Epic yarn was followed by return to dreamland which still had kirby's copy move. Epic yarn was a single game that might be referenced in a single move/a stage/music etc. but not by replacing kirby's iconic move. Mii's would probably have their sports crap/ and their sportspass game stuff and maybe customizable specials or something. (Miis are not known for copying like kirby is, Miis are known for representing a real life person and custimization.)

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
This:
I'm almost positive leaf shield is his down special, crash bomb is more likely to be his side special :p
Kirby's main (iconic and unique) ability? Haha no thats not going anywhere. Epic yarn was followed by return to dreamland which still had kirby's copy move. Epic yarn was a single game that might be referenced in a single move/a stage/music etc. but not by replacing kirby's iconic move. Mii's would probably have their sports crap/ and their sportspass game stuff and maybe customizable specials or something. (Miis are not known for copying like kirby is, Miis are known for representing a real life person and custimization.)
Haha I highly doubt Kirby will lose his trademark ability, I was just trying to provoke discussion in a dry thread.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Luigi has no reflection, obviously a vampire. That's why his mansion is haunted by ghosts

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
In my martial arts class, we do bridges a lot commonly during warm ups, it's a common part of Jiu-Jitsu, and it breaks full mounts/straddling, so it's not just a hip-thrusting exercise, if someone is ground pounding you, you go from that position to all sorts of delicious arm-bars and holds and destroying them.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
This picture on Miiverse was shown to us before I think.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm starting to get the feeling that items won't be shown and the focus will primarily be on stages and characters which is all well and good because, when you think about it, does anyone really care about the items that much? Granted, it's fun to play with them but I don't very many people are like "Oh god, I hope the gooey bomb comes back" and simply deal with whatever is added. Despite all the new items Melee had, they were barely shown in the promos and I think they were only part of the updates with Brawl for the sake of stalling for time and throwing the fans a bone while they waited for more stages and characters.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Pokeball and Assist Trophy items though and what new pokemon and Assist Trophy characters they have added. As well as crushing our hopes when it turns out some of our supported characters end up or are still Assist Trophies or Pokeball Pokemon....

On second thoughts, maybe not....

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
nope- you can go through every day;s photo on the first post. This one is a new photo.
You're right. But 2 versions of this were posted.

image.jpg

But look at this one. The bloom, mirror image and Luigi's knee are the noticeable differences.

image.jpg

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sakurai probably took the pictures in quick succession and from a slightly different angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom