• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh cool wuhu island is in the background.... I like how it isn't just a flying platform like delfino island and that it actually has a themed platform (The plane.)

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Guess it wasn't just a Pilotwings stage after all. I wonder if this stage will have more islands than the two we've already seen.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I really like how this stage came out. I remember when everyone was complaining because of how retro it looked, but it looks like they merged the best of both worlds and added an HD Wuhu Island to accompany the 16 bit pilotwings one. I hope Sakurai posts some more stages up soon, particularly any Mario or Kid Icarus ones. I want to see if they can match the quality of the 3DS stages (not graphics-wise obviously). Despite this, I still find this to be one of the more interesting Wii U stages.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Whoever the **** said that they didn't update the graphics, you were sadly mistaken

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
SH#$
I called it! I knew you'd fight on a biplane! :laugh:
I didn't believe it but I secretly hoped we'd get something like Venom from melee.

Whoever the **** said that they didn't update the graphics, you were sadly mistaken
But did they? It's still a flat pixelated landscape with an island from a game with 2 generation old graphics.
Still, Dat Bi Plane looks sexy as f#$%.

Anyway I thought that this history of wuhu island was interesting.
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Wuhu_Island

So it originates from Wii Fit, but recently as the location of Pilotwings Resort 3DS. Maybe this stage takes us through the history of Pilotwings?
Maybe the island from Pilotwings was the early version of Wuhu Island?

D

Deleted member

I think this stage would be a mix of Mute City and Isle Delfino. The Mute City aspect being you going to a specific part of the islands, the plane would eventually leave that area, and staying on the ground would cause damage while the plane is leaving. The Isle Delfino part is being able to go to both islands and fighting on various landmarks. Also, Wuhu Island was in the recent Pilotwings Resort, so it could be possible that an area from Pilotwings 64 will get representation.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
SH#$
I didn't believe it but I secretly hoped we'd get something like Venom from melee.

But did they? It's still a flat pixelated landscape with an island from a game with 2 generation old graphics.
Still, Dat Bi Plane looks sexy as f#$%.

Anyway I thought that this history of wuhu island was interesting.
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Wuhu_Island

So it originates from Wii Fit, but recently as the location of Pilotwings Resort 3DS. Maybe this stage takes us through the history of Pilotwings?
Maybe the island from Pilotwings was the early version of Wuhu Island?
On that page, it says "It is the only settlement outside of Mii Plaza controlled by, and completely populated by the Miis." Does this mean we might get Miis in the game after all? Or just a cameo?

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I knew it. Fighting on a biplane going to different pilot wings islands made the most sense. This level looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Yeah this stage looks awesome by the looks of it I'm going to guess that it starts out like halberd and then you have to catch dat plane XD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On that page, it says "It is the only settlement outside of Mii Plaza controlled by, and completely populated by the Miis." Does this mean we might get Miis in the game after all? Or just a cameo?
Might? No, no; at this point, Miis are pretty much inevitable and there's about as much chance of you waking up to discover you turned into a penguin than there is that Miis won't be in this game. Also, the chances of Mii being playable is still freakishly high so I'm honestly surprised a lot of people are acting like this would be a genuine curve ball if it happened.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
This stage looks AWESOME.

I'm glad that we have another FD/SV/BF-style stage that is actually comprised of a realistic object as opposed to platforms floating randomly in space. It manages to apply both the basic mechanics of smash while still feeling real and badass.

I'm assuming that it is competitively viable, of course. Even if it isn't, it still looks amazing.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty cool! I had originally thought that Wuhu Island would be a completely different stage. I mean, there's still that possibility, but I love the combination of old and new, with the real "meat" of the stage, apparently, being on the retro side of things. Really interesting!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This stage looks AWESOME.

I'm glad that we have another FD/SV/BF-style stage that is actually comprised of a realistic object as opposed to platforms floating randomly in space. It manages to apply both the basic mechanics of smash while still feeling real and badass.

I'm assuming that it is competitively viable, of course. Even if it isn't, it still looks amazing.

I'm wondering if the plane will land in various locations, like near Wuhu Island's lighthouse, and everyone will be able to get off and fight there, then the plane takes off again, and its off to another location, and so on.

That would be awesome! Time to push that WIi U to the limit! If it can't be done through characters, then at least through stages!

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
I really like how this stage came out. I remember when everyone was complaining because of how retro it looked, but it looks like they merged the best of both worlds and added an HD Wuhu Island to accompany the 16 bit pilotwings one. I hope Sakurai posts some more stages up soon, particularly any Mario or Kid Icarus ones. I want to see if they can match the quality of the 3DS stages (not graphics-wise obviously). Despite this, I still find this to be one of the more interesting Wii U stages.
The only person who complained was Luigi player. Looks like Sakurai once again satisfied even the most sour of evaluators.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Are Mii's confirmed with Wuhu Island in the background? (I had a feeling you'd be fighting on a plane while traveling through the Pilotwings timeline.)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

We don't know if the plane will even GO to Wuhu Island. It might be nothing but background scenery.

If Miis are playable, it's not because of this stage. This is a Pilotwings stage, not a Wii Sports one. :p

Wuhu Island is not the first crossover island from the franchise.

--

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw Wuhu Island is Pinna Park from Super Mario Sunshine, and we didn't get to fly there in the Delfino Plaza stage and I doubt we will here (especially since it looks too far away)

And sorry to kill the Mii hype but didnt Wii Fit have a game on Wuhu Island?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom