• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Wavedashing was extremely useful in Melee (especially for Luigi, obviously), but it wasn't in on purpose if I remember correctly; just an exploit found by the community. Because of that, I highly doubt it'll return.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
The main reason to not like any advanced technique is not be able to implement them effectively into your play style. All it takes is practice and then you'll love the new things you can do!
Not saying it is a bad technique, but what are things you could do with it? I don't have Melee anymore, but I am still curious. Also, is Mewtwo a good wavedasher?

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Not saying it is a bad technique, but what are things you could do with it? I don't have Melee anymore, but I am still curious.
I think the most basic with wavedashing is really just giving you a faster option to attack. Rather than just shielding, rolling, and then attacking, wavedashing can allow you to move away from an attack and then counterattacking much more quickly. And yes, when utilized very well, it is very effective.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The main reason to not like any advanced technique is not be able to implement them effectively into your play style. All it takes is practice and then you'll love the new things you can do!
...Or you just don't like the effect that particular tech has on the meta-game? Or the balance? It does happen.

Anyway TOPIC, the pick is up. Fire in Gerudo valley.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Not saying it is a bad technique, but what are things you could do with it? I don't have Melee anymore, but I am still curious. Also, is Mewtwo a good wavedasher?
His wavedash is long, but slow. Not one of the best imo, but once you get the timing right, it'll still prove more useful than rolling thanks to maintaining invincibility.

To get back on topic, nice stage hazard in Gerudo Valley! Link's not.. crouching midair, is he?

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Mewtwo and Luigi probably have the best wavedashes in the game.
This post sums it up nicely. I'm on my phone atm.

Big fan of wavedashing, it allows me to reposition my character if I'm shielding. It also allows me to land platforms and mixup my movement. It allows me to immediately get from ledge to stage while retaining invinicibility (depending on the character.) Wavedashing has so many awesome uses dude. If you have more options in a game, take 'em and use 'em to your advantage instead of shunning 'em! It makes for a deeper and more complex game. You also start getting a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment once you employ these tactics properly on the battlefield!
...Or you just don't like the effect that particular tech has on the meta-game? Or the balance? It does happen.

I didn't say it was the only reason not to like advanced techniques, I said it was a main one :)

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Are you guys using your Wii U? I don't have one, so I have to wait until it gets posted here.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Wavedashing was extremely useful in Melee (especially for Luigi, obviously), but it wasn't in on purpose if I remember correctly; just an exploit found by the community. Because of that, I highly doubt it'll return.
Game developers have confirmed that they realized that wavedashing existed in the game, and intentionally chose not to remove it. But, because of the game-direction of Brawl (which Sakurai has confirmed to be aimed towards a casual audience, as opposed to Melee's more hardcore audience), they decided to change some mechanics in Brawl such as allowing for multiple air dodges. Having multiple air-dodges means that having directional airdodges was out of the picture, thus concluding that wavedashing wasn't really directly removed from Smash Bros but is really just absent due to a change in game mechanics. I'm not too hopeful about it, but because Sakurai is trying to create the next smash game to be a balance of the previous two smash games, wavedashing is a possibility. (Though seeming more unlikely, given some information of Smash 4 that reveals Brawl-like airdodging - however that can change before release.)

-Wavedash back to grab the ledge
-Wavedash back to create space and force your opponent to whiff (miss) an attack while you're in an advantageous position to punish them for it
-Wavedashing puts you in regular standing positioning giving you access to all standing moves whereas in a dash/run you can only use dash-attack, up-smash, and grab. Wavedashing out of a dash/run/dashdance gives you access to these moves
-To waveland onto a platform, allowing you to be grounded quicker on a platform and giving you access to shield + floor-based attacks
-To wavedash/waveland off of a platform, allows you to throw out quick and unexpected falling aeriel attacks or other such things
-To approach (primarily luigi/ICs)
-Wavelanding on the stage from the ledge to simply get back on the stage quickly
~and many other things I've yet to list :)

Yes, Mewtwo has the third best wavedash after Luigi (#1) and Ice Climbers (#2) however his applications for a wavedash are significantly less useful than mid-higher tier characters

Edit: SUP3RCANS1R be sure not to double post, but instead edit your previous post~ ^^

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial

I said it was a main reason, not the only one.

Could someone please post?
Krynxe said:
Edit: SUP3RCANS1R be sure not to double post, but instead edit your previous post~ ^^
Sorry. Normally I would but I'm on my slow phone. Copying and pasting the parts I need from quotes is hard enough haha.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
For me it's still Luigi. Strange.

Even on the Japanese page.
Yeah that happens to people a lot(as in it changes for other people but not for them). From what I've heard it has to do with your browser...something or other. >_<

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
I did this better.. Just saying... So I have to agree with everyone that downvoted this... Sorry...
1. The contrast between the text and the picture is bad.
2. The caption is bad as well as where you placed the caption.
3. I would have made this better but I went to go see a movie today: The Wolverine. It was awesome...

Anytime you guys want me to take over doing this again let me know. Otherwise you get my sidekick O'kaz A1. Either way this ain't gonna stop :troll:
Yeah, I know...I just give it a try, but for now on I'll keep that in mind.

(B.T.W. thanks for your advice. :))

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Well, Miiverse still isn't updated. :|
Shame. I would've liked seeing what Sakurai has to say about the screencap. Does this stage hazard mean one side of the stage is off limits during the fire? So basically the stage gets smaller for a while. That could be kind of cool.

(Also, now that you guys mention it, I recall hearing something about Sakurai & co. being aware of wavedashing, too. Weird design choice, to be honest, but works for me!)

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
To me it looks more like the background (tent, mountains) is burning rather then the stage itself where Link is shielding but the bridge is burning as well so who knows.^^

Groose

Smash Champion
The official site still has the Luigi meteor smash pic up. And guess what? It's now labelled as a 3DS pic... despite being the same one as before.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I have a gut feeling tomorrow's pic may either involve:

A. A pic of Luigi using an aerial attack
B. A new veteran as everyone claims (June 11th, July 12th, August 13th)
C. Bowser, Donkey Kong, Villager or Pit.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

OOH I KNOW! The next picture will either be of
1. One of the chracters that was already revealed doing something
2. A new stage/feature of a stage
3. A new character!
GENIUS

nessokman

Smash Lord
This means the gerudo valley has hazards. The bridge in it was up in previous pics. Maybe it is like new pork where if you hit it enough it breaks.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OOH I KNOW! The next picture will either be of
1. One of the chracters that was already revealed doing something
2. A new stage/feature of a stage
3. A new character!
GENIUS

I'm not sure if you're mocking me... I think I'll sue! :troll:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
The official site still has the Luigi meteor smash pic up. And guess what? It's now labelled as a 3DS pic... despite being the same one as before.
I noticed that when I went there. I wasn't sure if it was a mess up or the 3DS somehow got HD. I was like "Hell yeah 3D and HD on the same game!". It would'v been cool if it were true.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Deleting cookies fixes it. Fixed it for me at least.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

A very likely
B well luigi was revealed so I doubt it but I could be wrong
C as in a move or more pictures of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom