• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Am I the only one who the daily picture is not showing up on the website?

Just wanna know that I have a bad cookie or something or if Sakurai didn't even bother changing the website. </3
are you using firefox if so click Help>reset firefox with addons disabled it fixed mine.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hmm, so I wonder if we should expect something big for his birthday this time?

Also, has it been confirmed there will be no Adventure Mode at all, or will there just not be another one with a story and cutscenes like the SSE?
It's been confirmed that there will be an adventure mode, but it's not gonna be like Subspace Emissary and it won't have a storyline, nor will it include big cutscenes.

Given that his birthday falls on a saturday I'm not expecting anything personally.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
City Folk was alright, but New Leaf is something else. I'm having a blast.

Sakurai holding back on that inevitable Yoshi reveal for some reason.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Hate to sound clueless, but does anyone remember the date of the Pikmin & Olimar reveal? And if anything pertinent to Sakurai's birthdate will be revealed it would probably be on Monday.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Yep. :p They're gifs of my two favorite classes from Sacred Stones.
Awesome, I'm currently in the last chapter. The final boss is really hard :(

Hate to sound clueless, but does anyone remember the date of the Pikmin & Olimar reveal? And if anything pertinent to Sakurai's birthdate will be revealed it would probably be on Monday.

July 11, if I recall correctly

HeroG

Smash Apprentice

Maybe he is revamping Yoshi! Maybe giving him a proper Recovery? One can hope :)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
He is turning Yoshi into yarn Yoshi. Up B is now unravel.

Just kidding. Yoshi will be green and not have a proper recovery.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It confirms for us that the KI: U stage does indeed transform. That's something even if we mostly guessed it.

What I'm more curious about is what DK is doing. Is he just in the middle of his jump animation?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
More Reset Bomb Forest stage! <3 <3 <3

Not gonna lie though. I originally thought DK there was a weird-colored Cragalanche.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well.. so much for a Sakurai birthday. Not quite understanding what's going on here, nor what stage this is. Anybody have any ideas?

Jabu Jabu's belly?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Well.. so much for a Sakurai birthday. Not quite understanding what's going on here, nor what stage this is. Anybody have any ideas?

Jabu Jabu's belly?
Sakurai's birthday is on Saturday, so the closet pick of the day would be tomorrow's pic, not today's. Also it's possible we'll get a not-pick-of-the-day-related update on his actual birthday.

The stage is the Kid Icarus stage from a few updates back after undergoing a transformation, like Castle Siege does. It makes sense if you've played Uprising.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Tyvm! This is an awesome screenshot!
**** just got real. I wonder what picture we'll get tomorrow? Inb4 Metaknight or Dedede reveal before Sakurai's birthday.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace

Welcome to the boards mygamecube! I hope you enjoy your time here!

On a related note because I have been gone for 2 days here are my thoughts on today's picture.

Pinkie Pie approved!

Yeah that's right I said it, its a shameless plug, whatcha gonna do about it?
I really like today's picture too the KI: U stage is gorgeous.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He is turning Yoshi into yarn Yoshi. Up B is now unravel.

Just kidding. Yoshi will be green and not have a proper recovery.
That's pretty much what happened with Brawl. Sakurai: "We gave Yoshi a bunch of little tweaks to make him significantly better!" Ends up only a smidge better than his Melee incarnation and stays as one of most awkward characters in the game. :laugh:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
DK HAS A ROLLING ATTACK...DK HAS A ROLLING ATTACK...that...looks...very similar to his second jump. :(

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I thought DK was a metroid for some reason.
So 3DS characters seem to not have outlines now... But only on certain parts of tgeir body? Pit has an outline starting as his knees and goes down. Strange.
Footstooling can mess up combos. (haha like those even existed in Brawl) But it could easily be fixed by mapping it to a new button or only making you do it if you use a certain button to jump or whatever. It definitly has it's place in Smash.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I thought DK was a metroid for some reason.
So 3DS characters seem to not have outlines now... But only on certain parts of tgeir body? Pit has an outline starting as his knees and goes down. Strange.
Footstooling can mess up combos. (haha like those even existed in Brawl) But it could easily be fixed by mapping it to a new button or only making you do it if you use a certain button to jump or whatever. It definitly has it's place in Smash.
To me it looks like pit has the black outline everywhere but his wings but it's harder to see in some areas :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well that's another new stage confirmed we just have to figure out witch kid Icarus stage it is

And it's August how much longer do you think the next newcomer/veteran gets confirmed I mean it should be one new/old character each month right?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
That's a pretty pic. Very pink, like my mood today.

This stage is possibly going to be one of the prettiest stages of both games.

I'm glad that you can find beauty in this nasty a#$ stage resembling intestines.

Man I thought I was looking at Giygas and got super hype for an Earthbound stage.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well that's another new stage confirmed we just have to figure out witch kid Icarus stage it is

And it's August how much longer do you think the next newcomer/veteran gets confirmed I mean it should be one new/old character each month right?
It's not new. It's part of the one thats already confirmed. It's AFTER the reset bomb hits. Seeing as the last screen shot of the KI: U stage was taking place in the chapter where you meet Viridi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom