• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Oh really, Lucas only has re textures while half of Luigi's move set in unique.

You have it backwards. Lucas only shares 5 moves with Ness (Fsmash and his 4 specials), 6 counting his final smash, while most of Luigi's moveset are just Mario's moves with different animations, my main is Luigi by the way.

No...

No he really isn't.
Yes he is, I can't believe you're even arguing this! Get your facts straight

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The picture with Pit and Donkey Kong looks like a continuation of the Chapter 11 stage from Kid Icarus Uprising. If it isn't, then, I hope it will be a stage from Earthbound.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It is Chapter 11. I mean Pit's there, and I see them pink vines. That's definite the Reset Bomb Forest.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You have it backwards. Lucas only shares 5 moves with Ness (Fsmash and his 4 specials), 6 counting his final smash, while most of Luigi's moveset are just Mario's moves with different animations, my main is Luigi by the way.

Yes he is, I can't believe you're even arguing this! Get your facts straight
I will once you decide to put a period at the end of your sentance...

Anyway, Luigi may be more of a clone than him, but Toon Link is not, because it sounds to me like you said he was.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Excuse me, Mr. Perfect Punctuation

Yes, Toon Link is Brawl's cheapest clone
That's not saying much.

All but one of his aerials are are like Link's.

Specials have different effects.

U-Smash is nothing like Link's.

I admit Lucas is less of a clone, but Toon Link isn't that cheap of one.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Thanks for proving my point

That's not saying much.

All but one of his aerials are are like Link's.

Specials have different effects.

U-Smash is nothing like Link's.

I admit Lucas is less of a clone, but Toon Link isn't that cheap of one.

Toon Link isn't as cheap as some Melee clones, but still he is Brawl's cheapest clone

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I see there's a clone discussion.

-Luigi-
He's actually not exactly a clone. His fireball is green and goes straight instead of being affected by gravity, and he spins around for his down special. Of course, that's pretty much like Mario's down aerial, but still. His side-smash is similar to Pikachu's skullbash, but I'm sure it's somewhat different. Unlike Mario, his up special can only do 1% damage to another character / make one coin appear, unless of course it's an actual direct hit to the character when using it. (Then as you should know, the character get's launched and there's a fire effect.) One of his taunts is unique as it's the only one that can do damage, even if it is 1% damage. His final smash is obviously different from Mario's.

-Lucas-
He is pretty much like Ness, but His neutral special is PK Freeze and not PK Flash. Also, his PSI Magnet, unlike Ness, is held in front of him, so he needs to turn around to absorb any certain projectiles from behind him. His other moves are somewhat different from Ness', such as PK Fire and PK Thunder (Damage and movement, sort of), but I guess that's not much. EDIT: Well, he pretty much only shares 5 moves with Ness, unless you count his PK Freeze. (Making it 6)

-Toon Link-
Yeah, he's pretty much Link but smaller and faster with different taunts and a shorter reach for grabbing characters and ledges with his longshot.

I think a true clone would have every move the same, or every move but one, aside from taunts if they count as a move....

--------------

To be on this thread's topic:

Is that from the new Kid Icarus stage shown in a separate pic?
(I guess that's obvious, but I don't have much to say here.....)

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
-Lucas-
He is pretty much like Ness, but his neutral special is PK Freeze and not PK Flash. Also, his PSI Magnet, unlike Ness, is held in front of him, so he needs to turn around to absorb any certain projectiles from behind him. His other moves are somewhat different from Ness', such as PK Fire and PK Thunder (Damage and movement, sort of), but I guess that's not much.

Pretty much like Ness? The only moves you discussed is his special moves...you do realize there's more moves then that, right? Actaully play as him and you'll realize his gameplay is ridiculously diverse from Ness, even to the slight differences in their B movesets haha

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Mishudo said:
Pretty much like Ness? The only moves you discussed is his special moves...you do realize there's more moves then that, right? Actaully play as him and you'll realize his gameplay is ridiculously diverse from Ness, even to the slight differences in their B movesets haha
I have played as him. I'm just pointing out he's not an exact clone :]

EDIT: Oh, and his up-smash is different. (I don't remember all of his normal moves, to be honest :I Just sayin'.)

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Curmudgeon mentioned it earlier in the thread, Lucas only shares 6 moves with Ness (Foward smash, B Moves, and Final Smash)

Continuation of the new Pit stage looks sweet sauce, and is punching my face from all the pink haha. Wonder if Viridi's minions will be stage hazards !

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Luigi is more of a clone than Lucas
How dare you! Luigi has many statistical dfferences from his brother, and 90% of his moves are different. Lucas has some moves nerfed (PK fire) some buffed (PK thunder) and some changed (PK magnet and Freeze), but he has many moves that are literally just reskins (like his forward smash). I'm not hating, I like Ness and Lucas, but I would rank Lucas as the third clone-y-est character after Falco and Ganondorf.

Edit: I stand corrected, somewhat. N and L's dash attacks seem to be reskins. Weight, speed, jump height, etc. appears the same, while it's different with the Mario Bros. I'm just gonna use Toon Link as a scapegoat, and we know he's gone.
How about we (meaning my side) stop bickering and do our best to noy derail the thread?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Every time I come back to this thread someone starts a silly argument about silly roster-related ideas that have nothing to do with the picture.

I think tomorrow's picture will be something completely new.
Then again, I'm only taking a shot in the dark so that, in the chance that I'm right, I will be a prophet.
I will be prohetable.
$$$

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
The August edition of Coro Coro is supposed to have the "Pokemon Reveal of the Century" in it and it is set to debut August 12th. I don't think we will see anything special tomorrow, but I would maybe expect something having to do with Pokemon in about a week or so.

I think people are reading into Sakurai's birthday too much. Just let the man be happy and let's not harass him if he doesn't give us any spoilers, huh?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Meta Knight, King Dedede, Waddle Dee or Palutena for Sakurai's birthday. Maybe even the first details on character customization or new modes. Kirby hats are also plausible, though seem a bit anticlimatic for the occasion. Let the man do what thou wilst.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty much what happened with Brawl. Sakurai: "We gave Yoshi a bunch of little tweaks to make him significantly better!" Ends up only a smidge better than his Melee incarnation and stays as one of most awkward characters in the game. :laugh:
Well according to the new melee tire list, he's actually worse. By a bit lol.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
They always did.
Huh? No. In the trailer the characters had a thick outline all the way around. Now they're super thin or non-existant.
Maybe they just shrink or grow depending how far away a character is from the camera?

Also I main Ness and Lucas. He's not a clone. Plus I hope Ness gets new specials in 4

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright guys...

Luigi and Lucas are semi-clones. They draw some inspiration from Mario and Ness but they have plenty of unique moves.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I don't think we're going to see anything special. At most maybe the announcement of a veteran like Peach or Yoshi, but I'm not expecting much (though I would love to be wrong).

Xigger

Smash Lord
Personally, I don't think we're going to see anything special. At most maybe the announcement of a veteran like Peach or Yoshi, but I'm not expecting much (though I would love to be wrong).
What we should be asking isn't just WHAT a special update might be, but HOW MUCH are we going to see? This website is all image and video.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Lucas and Ness are indeed pretty analagous to Mario and Luigi. It's not saying that Luigi is that similar to Mario; it's saying that Lucas is that dissimilar to Ness. I honestly don't even begin to understand why people lump Ness and Lucas together so often; they're really not "clones" in any meaningful way.

The picture was not a big reveal. It was, however, a nice pair of uppercuts.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Aww aha nothing "special" for Sakurai's birthday today. I still really enjoy this screenshot, though. I was just thinking today that we haven't seen Mega Man in a while.

LOL in a way it's kind of like a "You Must Recover": Mario is using his Up-B ;P

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Semi-clones for sure. They share down tilts and have similar uairs as well. At least I think. Been so long since I played vBrawl lucas

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Semi-clones for sure. They share down tilts and have similar uairs as well. At least I think. Been so long since I played vBrawl lucas

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Well... there's always next Friday. And the Friday after that. And the Friday after that.

Anyways, with the upcoming Wonderful 101 Nintendo Direct, maybe then Sakurai may announce some sort of rep from that game? That is if Nintendo owns Wonderful 101, and I'm pretty sure Nintendo is just publishing it, though I may be wrong. A Nintendo Direct seems like the kind of place to announce something like a new character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The August edition of Coro Coro is supposed to have the "Pokemon Reveal of the Century" in it and it is set to debut August 12th.
Yeah, to add to that Wii Fit Trainer was revealed the 12th June in Japan (was still the 11th overseas) and on the 12th July Olimar was revealed. On the 12th October Pokémon X & Y is set to release, though that's a saturday. Either way, seems like the Japanese like to reveal and release stuff on the 12th, so I'm expecting a new character reveal on the 12th August. And to add to the Pokémon thing, wasn't there a rumor that the next character reveal would be a Pokémon character? Would fit in well with the Coro Coro release. I'm personally hoping for Pokémon Trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom