• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
My prediction: a picture of a pikmin latched onto Link... I will also use my psychic powers for good

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how he could see it as anything other than glorious. Seeing as he has, y'know, an imagination.

I can see it now.

Reggie Fils-Aime

Alternate Costume: Purple Pikmin

Final Smash: Driving a Joke into the Ground - Reggie jumps high into the sky and rides another Reggie's back downwards until they smash into the ground, causing an huge explosion.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
I don't know why, but I feel something big is going to happen tomorrow. Like, something involving the website. Maybe the pic, but particularly the website. Just a hunch. If nothing happens, then I shall never be so gullible again. Oh, and the speed at which memes get shot down is getting faster and faster each day.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I can see it now.

Reggie Fils-Aime

Alternate Costume: Purple Pikmin

Final Smash: Driving a Joke into the Ground - Reggie jumps high into the sky and rides another Reggie's back downwards until they smash into the ground, causing an huge explosion.
This is way too clever.

Someone give this man an internet.

Today's picture is awesome. Sakurai is the greatest troll.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Well, judging by the animation seen in today's pick...Jigglypuff will be wrecking friendships in the next Smash Bros. too.

R.E.S.T.

vicgur

Smash Ace
"A mysterious space warrior appears"

Holy crap, didn't think they'd announce a new character just like that!
I've never seen this guy before. What game is he from?

Anyways, it's nice to see the Skyward Sword stage again. I missed it's prettiness.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks balance and gameplay is WAY MORE important then such a thing as a story mode?

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
I realise that I prefer see a great gameplay in plenty unique ways then a big character roster with probably some clones.

When it comes to the current Smash Team, I really believe SSB4 will be much better then Brawl. But serious, Brawl was not only developed by Sakurai, but also by some developers without any experience of making a fighting game, while Namco Bandai is a likely pro fighting-game maker, I guess.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So are we actually gonna talk about the pictures?

Today, the old Smash funny photo standby, my head is Kirby.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Too bad he'll have to ask for permission from his commander before sucking enemies in, gonna be bottom tier.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I had a dream that they finally announced Little Mac. I wake up to see Kirby on Samus's head.

Granted, it was because I played Punch Out yesterday, but you can imagine the sadness I felt when I woke up.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So it seems that Sakurai is releasing at least one new piece of information a week which I guess makes sense because there's still 106 updates for this year alone and there's a good chance that this game won't come out until Q2 '14 at the very least. There's also the fact that there were 201 updates before Brawl released in Japan and the character dam didn't break until after 50 (and we're at 34 right now). So, I'm still going to go with my original conclusion that we probably won't see anything "ZOMGWTFBBQ" worthy until at least January.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would've been better if Kirby had I inhaled Samus first. Waterhead Samus would look kinda cool.

Groose

Smash Champion
Reads caption while image loads. "A mysterious warrior appears." OMG OMG OMG, character reveal, who fits the bill, OMG OMG OMG... load load load... newcomer or veteran OMG OMG OMG

*sees picture*

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
This dojo literally sucks so hard.
That's the thing: it isn't a Dojo in lieu of Brawl's Dojo. Where Brawl's Dojo had a page for everything and went into great detail in each post, SSB4's site only features are revealed character pages and a "MiiVerse Screenshot of the Day". From the beginning, the Screenshot of the Day has been for fun, while doubling as an occasional look into game development. But it isn't intended to be anything like the daily "NEW STAGE! NEW ITEM! NEW STAGE AGAIN! NEW GAME MODE! NEW CHARACTER! Weekend." routine of Brawl. Yeah, it can definitely be a lot more monotonous and not quite as exciting, short-term, but I think we'll be surprised a lot more by the finished product, in the long run.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
For people who haven't been able to see the daily pic on the website lately I found a fix to it. Right click on the mouse and press "reload", the pic should then come up.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Dojo is fine it's in pictures and some pictures do involve updates I mean lie the new mechanic about knowing who gets the point of a guaranteed ko on someone by colors of the player
He was referencing Kirby, who does, indeed, suck with INTENSE POWER.
Also, now we know what Sakurai's character customization is:
"Head swapping, 100% confirmed."

peeup

Smash Lord
That's the thing: it isn't a Dojo in lieu of Brawl's Dojo. Where Brawl's Dojo had a page for everything and went into great detail in each post, SSB4's site only features are revealed character pages and a "MiiVerse Screenshot of the Day". From the beginning, the Screenshot of the Day has been for fun, while doubling as an occasional look into game development. But it isn't intended to be anything like the daily "NEW STAGE! NEW ITEM! NEW STAGE AGAIN! NEW GAME MODE! NEW CHARACTER! Weekend." routine of Brawl. Yeah, it can definitely be a lot more monotonous and not quite as exciting, short-term, but I think we'll be surprised a lot more by the finished product, in the long run.
Oh I'm not worried about the long term product. Sm4sh will be awesome no doubt and I'll more than likely buy a Wii U just to play it. But with the Brawl Dojo we had fun little blurbs about everything, like the stages and characters. Hell, we even got a fun little "how to play" page (you must recover!) to laugh at. But this Dojo is just straight up pictures, and 99% of them are boring as hell and completely uninformative. They also show so little about the game that we can hardly speculate anything from them, which is most of why I enjoyed the Brawl Dojo in the first place. I'd much rather have exciting weekly updates than ****ty daily updates. Pre-Brawl, I would check the Dojo obsessively every day in hopes of something new. Hell, I'd even read through all of the pages dozens of times in between updates. But this Dojo... I check it out like once every week or two. It's just so boring.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
It's not as boring as waiting a year before getting the proper dojo.
To be fair, at least you didn't check back every day to be disappointed by dumb pics because you didn't expect something new. Right now there is only one interesting pic per week and all the others show nothing new or something obvious. It's still fun though dont get me wrong but they could at least try to show new info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom