• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, as we all know, the Internet is chok full of entitled, inconsiderate jerkoffs. I'm always glad to come back to SWF for intelligent conversation and some frickin brain recharge, man! :shades:

Seriously though, when I watched Sakurai play three characters with two hands, I knew he was a man I could totally respect, even outside of his irresistible awesome levels and genius-level design tactics.

:love:

Edit: Hold the ****ing phone, he posted something fascinating!

[image] https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRE_lL09LA8agg [/image]

Ugh! Stupid image hating phone!

Pilot wings?!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Totally didn't expect that. Now is it a stage or a background or...something.

...Goose for SSB4.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Wow I honestly don't know what to make of this. Pilot Wings honestly rustled my jimmies because i was too young to figure out how to play it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's based on Pilotwings for SNES:

If this confirms a Pilotwings-character though, then I think thi is getting bit tiring... I have to yet see characters that truly excite me (preference or not).

I mean I guess Sakurai would go all the way and fill this game with characters none expected/wanted to see, but I think it leaves fans bit out on the cold (aside from MegaMan)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It's based on Pilotwings for SNES:

-snip-

If this confirms a Pilotwings-character though, then I think thi is getting bit tiring... I have to yet see characters that truly excite me (preference or not).

I mean I guess Sakurai would go all the way and fill this game with characters none expected/wanted to see, but I think it leaves fans bit out on the cold (aside from MegaMan)

Trust me, Sakurai doesn't give the characters you want. Sakurai gives you the characters that you didn't know you wanted.

vicgur

Smash Ace

You're letting yourself break down, man. Just as Sakurai planned.
Remember, a confirmed stage doesn't mean a confirmed fighter.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
I think this is going to be another "move around" stage, if it's actually a stage, which I'm pretty excited about I mean Delfino Plaza was a great stage and seeing how there might be more like that is pretty nice.

Is it just me or does this stage look like the communist flag with the hammer's head being on the top right. New hammer confirmed ? :troll:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

I know, but I don't think it'd be wise to rule the possibility of that either after Miss Fit.

(Also can we stop treating him like a troll)

vicgur

Smash Ace
He's not a troll, he's a damn genius. I'll never say Sakurai is a troll. [mainly because I hate what that word has become, in the first place]
But WFT was a great curve ball to get everyone confused, and I salute him for that.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Today's picture is actually an extreme close up of one of the blue buttons on Olimar's suit.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Well...this is interesting.

How on earth are we supposed to fight here, assuming it's a stage?

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
For all we know it could be like brawls Masterpieces. If you don't remember it allowed you to play classic games on brawl for a limited amount of time.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
He's not a troll, he's a damn genius. I'll never say Sakurai is a troll. [mainly because I hate what that word has become, in the first place]
But WFT was a great curve ball to get everyone confused, and I salute him for that.
Look, he's definitely a genius. But he's also undeniably a troll. Not with as much negative connotation as I think you're giving the word, but a troll nonetheless.

COOL BUT HOW DO I FIGHT ON THAT
You don't, this is a character reveal, duh. PilotwingsSNES (the entire game) for SM4SH

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This brings back a lot of memories. Me and my cousin used to play Pilotwings all the time at his house (largely because he only had 4 games) and we both sucked horrifically at it. For the skydiving part, we'd always deliberately miss the target and screamed like Peewee Herman all the way down. :laugh:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty cool. I never played Pilotwings (any of them), but the fact that he made a stage (assuming its a stage) out of the original version, rather than the contemporary one is something of a breath of fresh air, for a lack of a better term. Awesome to see something that doesn't have a secondary meaning of product placement, especially the day after I made a comment on how it seems like everything's based on modern and only modern.

Not that I had any reason to doubt. Every Smash game, in spite of their individual, yet minor downsides, I've always seen as flawless, more or less.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I always saw pilotwings 64 in the store but passed up on it. I gotta stop judging sh#@ by its cover/name.
From what I gather it combines free roaming and mini games like a retro version of Go Vacation.
Man, Sakurai you motherf#@$#@ how do you keep including the ips that we overlooked!?!
And how do you keep ignoring the ips that we want!?!
However even I recognized that island just from one look. I guess that he knows who people easily recognize but overlooked, like the wii fit trainer and villager. Unless he's trying to go for a super obscure title.
Or maybe he just includes every game Shigeru Miyamoto produced. High hopes for Chibi Robo then.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm interested to read what Sakurai wrote concerning this image on MiiVerse.

Nvm, it has what he wrote on the front page.

D

Deleted member

My theory: this is the background to a stage, which may either be a generic one with stage hazards, or a scrolling one like Delfino Plaza.

AkashicSword

Yokai
What this really confirms is, despite the whole emphasis on handheld games for 3ds and consoles for wii u, that it doesn't strictly mean in a modern contemporary sense. He's showing us he hasn't forgot the retro, and that he won't forget the past.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Yeah, he must recover!

Am I the only one who remembers that not all stages in Brawl correspond to a character? Take for example PictoChat, we didn't get an artist guy who draws attacks, that's Kirby territory anyhow. My guess is we just get a Pilot Wings stage, because that map isn't even an ATTEMPT at reimagining anything other than higher quality colors. I am certain we won't be getting a horizontally 2D character, and a vertically 2D one would just look like Mode 7, which probably isn't happening. His recovery would also break the game.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Huh. Well I wonder if he's gonna leave us hanging or show us what it's a part of tomorrow.
I wish we had a stage list. Even if it was just a zoomed out pic and what franchise it's from.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, to the people who are already rolling on the floor freaking out, just because there's a Pilotwings stage doesn't mean there will be a Pilotwings character (although Mii is still completely plausible). Keep in mind that Brawl had Pictochat, Hanebow, and Smashville without representative characters and the sake of this stage is probably to just add more variety to the types of stages overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom