• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
It's easy to overlook town scenery while you're battling.
I agree. One of the best things about Smash is its attention to detail in regards to stages. It makes you want to go to the stage JUST to look at it! Smash for 3DS/Wii U appears to follow suit so far.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'd rather have better game mechanics than something I'll barely be looking at really.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm sincerely expecting character confirmations every month, just like Olimar was confirmed a month after the announcement of the game.

That's what I was thinking, only a month and a day after it looked like. Maybe our next confirmed character returning will be announced August 13th? haha

D

Deleted member

So, is there a Miiverse caption for today's image or no?

And I wonder if Sakurai is going to explain about yesterday's image being taken down....

D

Deleted member

Ah.
It didn't show up on the OP when I asked.

All we need now is an explanation for yesterday.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Sakurai: "You must recover!" *laughs* :troll:
I GOT IT! On Friday Sakurai will show Olimar... And he'll be standing there... Meanwhile displaying an extremely unimportant detail of the pikmin stage that we haven't seen before!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
"The “pic of the day” originally started as a fun internal update for the people developing the game - we would put up a daily shot on our own corporate website. We soon decided that we wanted to share the fun with the general public, so that’s where we are today. Please keep in mind, though, that this is just meant to be a little bonus feature - we'll continue to release other information about the game on the website."

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The new pic of the day seems to suggest that footstool jumping will be back.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Pika DK.jpg

Look at the detail of Donkey Kong's fur, it's so gorgeous! Not to mention the scenery is of the same caliber. Some people think that this game is an HD Brawl copy, but when you take the time to look at it, it looks beautiful.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yeah, a footstool is all this could really be. On a related note, I'm really, really wondering what the geography of this stage is like; we've seen so many pictures of it, and so far all I can say for sure is that it has a platform and some kind of ground that is not near said platform. That's not really anything to go on!

Also, Sakurai's comment and the general timing of things makes me believe that we're about to get something new soon that's bigger than what we've seen recently, perhaps another gameplay video. The game is obviously far enough along that those are feasible to make, and it sure does build a lot of hype. I don't think they're just going to leave us hanging for info for super long periods of time at this point largely since they've already opened the floodgates and have all of our captive attention; they're going to want to keep it clear through to release whether that's easy to do or not.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
DK and Pikachu is my favorite BroTP
BroTP? Explain, please?

I wonder if every detail of a stage in SSB Wii U will really run in HD? I hope so...

Speaking of the new pic of the day: Pikachu & DK, Best Friends Forever...

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I wonder if it IS a footstool jump. Footstool jumping was shown in footage of the 3DS version already though, but ya had to really pay close attention to spot it.

Anyway... why the F#@$ don't DK got no teeth!?!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wonder if it IS a footstool jump. Footstool jumping was shown in footage of the 3DS version already though, but ya had to really pay close attention to spot it.

Anyway... why the F#@$ don't DK got no teeth!?!
That's good news for Diddy since he's always hated DK's goofy grin.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
"The “pic of the day” originally started as a fun internal update for the people developing the game - we would put up a daily shot on our own corporate website. We soon decided that we wanted to share the fun with the general public, so that’s where we are today. Please keep in mind, though, that this is just meant to be a little bonus feature - we'll continue to release other information about the game on the website."
Sakurai said that?

"Pic of the day. Dazed..."
- Masahiro Sakurai
...and Confused. I knew Sakurai was a Led Zeppelin fan.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm probably reading too much into this but I found this kind of cryptic because I don't understand why he posted this. Was this just a really nice way of telling the people who are flooding his Twitter and Miiverse with requests and complaints to piss off? Is he hinting that the site is going to get an upgrade? With the updates this week being kind of ho-hum, I'm practically cross eyed thinking about what he's going to do next.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Dazed? What's so spectacular that would cause them to stare in awe?! NEW CHARACTER TOMORROW! GET HYPE!

Haha, just kidding...

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

...is no one else bothered by the absurdly high level of bloom around DK's face? The bloom/glow has been bothering me on a lot of pictures, and every update, it looks like it is getting worse.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
...is no one else bothered by the absurdly high level of bloom around DK's face? The bloom/glow has been bothering me on a lot of pictures, and every update, it looks like it is getting worse.

I think the bloom appears only on the Pikmin stage because, you know, sunlight

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Basically Sakurai is saying sorry that there is no info with the pictures. The website will have updates in due time with real info. That's pretty much it.

And DK's fur looks absolutely terrible. He's my favorite character and there is always something off about his Smash models. Still there is time for graphical touches. DK's fur looks like video game fur, Jungle Beats fur looks like better video game fur, Tropical Freeze DK looks to have real fur.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Am I the only one who the daily picture is not showing up on the website?

Just wanna know that I have a bad cookie or something or if Sakurai didn't even bother changing the website. </3

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial

Haha I was just thinking that DK looks pretty flushed after seeing the Dazed and Confused reference, and then you beat me to it!

I think the bloom appears only on the Pikmin stage because, you know, sunlight
Or maybe he's just been "baking" a bit too long in the sun?

@Curmudgeon - I just noticed your signature now, how long has it been there for? Also, I always see your username and think its Cumdragon at first LMAO. No offence.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
And DK's fur looks absolutely terrible. He's my favorite character and there is always something off about his Smash models. Still there is time for graphical touches. DK's fur looks like video game fur, Jungle Beats fur looks like better video game fur, Tropical Freeze DK looks to have real fur.
The fur looks great from faraway, but I'll admit it looks like mud when up close. At least it's not as bad as Paper DK in 64, Stuffed Toy DK in Melee or Soulless DK in Brawl.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
@Curmudgeon - I just noticed your signature now, how long has it been there for? Also, I always see your username and think its Cumdragon at first LMAO. No offence.
I changed my signature yesterday if I recall correctly, it comes from the song The Unthinking Majority, my username also cums from a song. Cumdragon sounds pretty cool actually LOL

It was said in a separate post on Miiverse (without a picture). It was posted about five hours before today's pic of the day.

I'm glad he decided to share this wonderful pictures

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Well, this coming Saturday is Sakurai's birthday, so some people have been expecting something big for Friday. . . I dunno, we'll have to wait and see.
You got that backwards. People don't owe us things on their birthday. What he should do isntead is have a really trollish update like "You Must Recover!" since everyone knows he takes a perverse pleasure in those.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, if I recall right, wasn't there a big update for Brawl during Sakurai's birthday?

(I recal someone mentioning that last night, forgot who, but I remember it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom