• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
The way Sakurai discribed it, I'll say no.
This is not Link and Samus being KO'd, it's Link and Samus flying to their KOs, which happens after the picture.
If that's the case I wonder if you can still survive if you're in that mode of blasting off the stage...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
If that's the case I wonder if you can still survive if you're in that mode of blasting off the stage...
You see, there is this little thing called Directional Influence, and this other thing called Momentum Cancelling. I am 100% certain that Sakurai will not remove them at all in the next Smash, the blast trails are merely an amped up visual effect.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Every character already has their own color. It's the same color your shield is and your icon behind your health meter. It's p1 red, p2 blue, p3 yellow, and p4 green which has been the case in every smash game (though AI use a unique shield color).
That description is very nice because this would be a very confusing picture otherwise. I'm mulling over the implications of this if any; it's very interesting if nothing else.

Amen. When I first saw the picture at 4am on the verge of passing out, I thought it might be something completely different aha. I'm glad Sakurai started captioning every photo a month ago.

Can't tell who's in the green effect. It looks like Link but i am still not sure.
Yessir.

So now when you get hit hard enough you turn into some kind of flaming meteor? That's metal.
Greatest.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Love the changes made on this, the picture looks so cool. Good thing for that caption, I was so confused this morning haha.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
real talk, i thought that red streak was the new firefox and the green was falco or something lol captions ftw

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
You see, there is this little thing called Directional Influence, and this other thing called Momentum Cancelling. I am 100% certain that Sakurai will not remove them at all in the next Smash, the blast trails are merely an amped up visual effect.
Hurray for amped up visual effects XD But I still think it would be weird for someone to DI and survive that blast... A bit anti climatic don't you think? XD

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
As I think about it, the colors probably aren't really significant for us (though they might provide a little clarity in "were you the one who killed me?" in teams), but they're mostly a good feature for FFAs and don't hurt us. It's smart design to add a feature that doesn't hurt anyone and helps some players so I can support this. It will at least make my personal job a bit easier in smash 4; those long lines will make measuring launch angles on attacks a bit easier no doubt.

Another thing I notice about this picture is that, for now at least, Wily's Castle appears to have a very high ceiling. Notice that the castle background is barely visible, and it's not a small background image. We also saw that the fall to death from Mega Man's down air took a while on that stage too so it seems to have fairly large blast zones in general. While that's something that could easily change in development, it's food for thought on how that stage will play out now compared with the other "plain" stages we've seen so far (the new BF, FD, and SV).

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I thought it was a Shinespark move for Samus until i read Sakurai's comment. Cool addition though. I like the effect.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
When I said each character had their own color, I wasn't referring to the players. I meant every individual character had their own color. Like Pit would be white, and Mario would be red. But it wouldn't be a good idea though.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
When I said each character had their own color, I wasn't referring to the players. I meant every individual character had their own color. Like Pit would be white, and Mario would be red. But it wouldn't be a good idea though.

Yea they are colored according to the player slot.
Red: Player1
Blue: Player 2
Yellow: Player 3
Green: Player 4

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
My computer is acting up, so I accidently posted the same thing again. Sorry.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Pretty sure that's not link. Look at his boot. I may be mistake and it could just be blast zone effects obscuring Link.
It doesn't look too much like Link, but you can clearly see his Master Sword and his Shield. And his green clothing looks exactly like... his. He's just in a weird pose.

Depster

Smash Champion
His sword is jagged like a lightning bolt in that picture and I'm not sure about seeing the shield, but it does look a little more like him when I zoom. I'm colorblind though so I didn't know it was green.

vicgur

Smash Ace
One thing I learned before Brawl came out: Never look too much into the pictures that Sakurai reveals. There are no secrets, nothing beyond the obvious. He will NOT sneak an unrevealed character or an item into his pictures. That's just not him.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
How did no one notice this during the trailers? Lol..... You people!!!!!

I thought everyone on this forum watched every single video and trailer 100 times dissecting all the information shown, and this was one of the pretty noticeable things. Only new information is that each character doesn't have a designated colour.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Yea they are colored according to the player slot.
Red: Player1
Blue: Player 2
Yellow: Player 3
Green: Player 4
But you forget... Because of the wii u gamepad and because it was actually possible to have 5 players in NSMBU because of the wii u gamepad it is safe to say that there will be a player 5 with the color purple

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
But you forget... Because of the wii u gamepad and because it was actually possible to have 5 players in NSMBU because of the wii u gamepad it is safe to say that there will be a player 5 with the color purple

If only Sakurai didn't already confirm that the game goes up to four players. =P

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It was! What's really neat is that whenever an opponent is launched, there's a coloured blast beneath them even if they aren't k.o'd.
OH MY GOD! I need to re watch the trailers!!!!

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
I hope he doesn't make it so when playing with the gamepad, you can see the game on your screen. I know that sounds like a good thing, but it's such an advantage JUST to be able to see things more personally. I can't even play Black Ops 2 anymore if I'm not using the gamepad. I'll hate it when it happens, but I think for the sake of better balance, the gamepad should not show what's on screen. Hopefully just a big ol' pause button or character percentage.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
How would it be an advantage? It could just show the exact same picture as the TV. I personally doubt off-screen play will be a thing. What's the delay for the gamepad? Like .2 seconds? That's like seven frames.that makes a big difference.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
this is what has confused me the most in the Mario vs. Megaman Video.
It looked like Megaman died but he didn't. That blast was soo confusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-hPRocg8Yw

you can clearly notice the effect in that battle.
Wow, you can really notice it. It's not super profound, which is nice. Just enough to tell.

As for the blast lines, it may be because there isn't the little view bubble so it seems like he's there for a long while. It may also be just because the game isn't finished.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Holy crap the OP was fast.

Sakurai has done it again. I cant tell whether this is a grab or what. It doesn't look like her upsmash or utilt animations.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The OP auto-updates with the photo itself, and it's only later that he manually adds in the caption and puts it in the archive.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's some form of grab (we've already seen utilt and uthrow), but I'm curious if she's just holding DK or if it's one of her throws. We've seen very few grabs and throws so far; it's a good start to the update week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom