• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I'm gonna be completely honest. I feel like anyone who doesn't think that Olimar can possibly only have three Pikmin at a time are suffering a case of wishful thinking and are in complete denial. People say there's "no good reason to believe so." YES THERE IS. Out of the 892598 pictures we've gotten of Olimar in the past week and a half, there's NO sign of more than three Pikmin. I'm literally laughing at the people who are completely appalled at the idea, and completely shun it and say it won't happen and that people shouldn't believe it because so-and-so and this-and-that. Just like it was ridiculous to believe that Mewtwo wouldn't come for Brawl, right? I'm not saying that it's totally impossible that he have more than three, but with no sign of it yet, I'm having my doubts.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm gonna be completely honest. I feel like anyone who doesn't think that Olimar can possibly only have three Pikmin at a time are suffering a case of wishful thinking and are in complete denial. People say there's "no good reason to believe so." YES THERE IS. Out of the 892598 pictures we've gotten of Olimar in the past week and a half, there's NO sign of more than three Pikmin. I'm literally laughing at the people who are completely appalled at the idea, and completely shun it and say it won't happen and that people shouldn't believe it because so-and-so and this-and-that. Just like it was ridiculous that Mewtwo wouldn't come for Brawl, right? I'm not saying that it's totally impossible that he have more than three, but with no sign of it yet, I'm having my doubts.
I agree. It's still early to tell, but he might have to just tone Olimar down. But, who knows? It's still possible he's holding back, but only time will tell. But I'm starting to have my doubts too. But with three Pikmin, how nerfed do you think Olimar will be?

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
I wasn't one way or the other before about the whole 3-Pikmin shindig, but I gotta say, it's starting to be a lot more suspiciously towards pro-3 for me.

I mean, yeah, we don't have any direct word that we're only limited to three, but literally every single Pikmin picture has shown us a limit of three. One is happenstance, two is coincidence, three is suspicious, four or more is a pattern... And we've certainly got plenty more than four photos to show that.

Lest we not forget that on the Brawl Dojo, Olimar was immediately shown with 5 Pikmin to show off all five types. There wouldn't be any reason why Sakurai wouldn't do that again if he could. Even after reading Ampharos' post, I'm still not convinced that it's any other way. Sorry. Unless we get proof otherwise, 3-Pikmin limit seems the case. Insisting there is more has just as much merit as claiming Bowser Jr. as playable at this point: Possible to happen, but impossible to currently prove.
Eh, well, every image of the new Smashville stage on the city side shows that the time is 1:02 PM. There's 4+ screenshots showing this. On the Brawl Dojo, Smashville was immediately shown to operate in real time. I would argue in this case that the new Smashville stage is unfinished. The same could be true with Olimar, especially since with all the Pikmin 3 stuff being shown, the rock and pink Pikmin are nowhere to be seen.

Though I actually hope Olimar is limited to 3 Pikmin though. 6 just felt cluttered to me, especially with more than one Olimar playing.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Eh, well, every image of the new Smashville stage on the city side shows that the time is 1:02 PM. There's 4+ screenshots showing this. On the Brawl Dojo, Smashville was immediately shown to operate in real time. I would argue in this case that the new Smashville stage is unfinished. The same could be true with Olimar, especially since with all the Pikmin 3 stuff being shown, the rock and pink Pikmin are nowhere to be seen.

Though I actually hope Olimar is limited to 3 Pikmin though. 6 just felt cluttered to me, especially with more than one Olimar playing.
I think it's secretly a conspiracy... Pikmin 3... 3 pikmin... GREAT SCOTT GET ME MY CRYPTOLOGIST!

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Yeah I'm convinced Olimar can only use 3 Pikmin at once. I wonder if some his moves have changed because of it. As in his tethering up special could have a flying pink Pikmin at the top every time he uses the move.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I'm viewing it as more likely, though I wouldn't be surprised if he could still obtain up to six. Keep in mind that in Brawl he starts off each match with three; these photos could show something similar.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
There's no direct evidence to prove that Olimar can pull four or more pikmin, but there is seriously not a single reason to believe that he can't either. I already made a thorough post before explaining why the commonly suggested technical limitation reason is totally bunk and further why as a design decision three pikmin only makes no sense.
"Not a single reason" - every picture weve seen so far is one more, additional, single reason. "Evidence" from the previous smash games and the capabilities of the 3DS have the smallest shred of relevance if any at all. I thought I made a lengthy post debunking this nonsense, too. Not nearly as drawn out as yours, but the theory is very straight forward, whereas yours pulls at ideas and hopes you yourself have created and are holding on to.

I honestly can accept your ideas as possible, but its the fact that you're closed off to every other possibility to the point where you claim their illogical or impossible which is frankly not true which bothers me. Concrete Evidence is greater than Personal Opinion, and your lengthy post seems to have much morr of the latter. However, I still see it as plausible.

More on topic, Sakurais caption today is cryptic and trolly as ever. It's obvious that the platform will probably drop in from time to time, but what could he mean about a lasting impression?

D

Deleted member

I wonder how Olimars B+UP will work now? Maybe he uses the winged pikmin?

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I know I'm too late with this, but what if the 'Mysterious Solar Power' from a pic of the day is a part of Samus/ZSS Final Smash?

(Think about it. It's possible, I guess.)

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist

This meme for example got almost 20 likes.

Firstly
I don't think that you know what a meme is.
What I posted was an image with a caption.
Secondly
Mine was funny (debatable)
and your's have lost their flare.
Thirdly
Thankyou for adding collapse tags around your images so that they don't cover the page in a spammy fashion.
Anyone who gets mad at ya only has themselves to blame for opening up the collapse tag.

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
If Sakurai really wanted to troll us, he would take a picture of Olimar with 6 Pikmin behind him. However, unbeknownst to the viewers, the 3 extra Pikmin belong to a second Olimar playing offscreen.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
If Sakurai really wanted to troll us, he would take a picture of Olimar with 6 Pikmin behind him. However, unbeknownst to the viewers, the 3 extra Pikmin belong to a second Olimar playing offscreen.
if he did that he would win the internet

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Why do people think Sakurai is a "troll"? He's never done anything "troll" worthy

People really overuse the word in the first place without knowing what it really means. Basically if Sakurai thinks of something our feeble minds can't comprehend, he's trolling. This includes if he uses characters/concepts people don't like.

People using the "Who would ever expect (insert poor definition of a joke character here)?" really aren't looking at the grand scheme of things. Who would ever have anticipated anything like Yoshi, Fox McCloud (during the 64 era, at least) and Pokemon in a fighting game?

This whole series is made up of "joke characters." And it was intended as a party game first, competitive fighter never.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
People really overuse the word in the first place without knowing what it really means. Basically if Sakurai thinks of something our feeble minds can't comprehend, he's trolling. This includes if he uses characters/concepts people don't like.

People using the "Who would ever expect (insert poor definition of a joke character here)?" really aren't looking at the grand scheme of things. Who would ever have anticipated anything like Yoshi, Fox McCloud (during the 64 era, at least) and Pokemon in a fighting game?

This whole series is made up of "joke characters." And it was intended as a party game first, competitive fighter never.

Quoted for the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom