• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Meh, If they were to reveal pac man or any newcomer, I see it being during a N. Direct or E3. I just feel that the best way to show off a new character is through actual gameplay and trailers, and not screenshots.
Veterans and some stages work well with screenshots. However, it wasn't till the sonic trailer that I saw how awesome the piloting stage was in action...

luar1609

Smash Cadet
Meh, If they were to reveal pac man or any newcomer, I see it being during a N. Direct or E3. I just feel that the best way to show off a new character is through actual gameplay and trailers, and not screenshots.
Veterans and some stages work well with screenshots. However, it wasn't till the sonic trailer that I saw how awesome the piloting stage was in action...
Sakurai stated that for newcomers, there are gonna be trailers.

D

Deleted member

In SF X Tekken, where the only way he could get in a fighting game was in a giant robot that had nothing to do with Pac-Man because he's a yellow ball with no moveset potential.
You mean the same game that Mega Man could only get in as an overweight middle-aged man with a ray gun and a hammy personality?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if namco gets a character it has to be pacman or nothing only he meets the iconic status

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As a matter of curiosity, compare the three box arts for the original Mega Man:
[collapse="Japanese Box Art"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="American Box Art"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="European Box Art"]
[/collapse]
They probably changed the anime-like Japanese box art because they thought cuteness wouldn't sell well outside Japan.
The European box art manages to be more accurate to the game than the American one.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
They probably changed the anime-like Japanese box art because they thought cuteness wouldn't sell well outside Japan.
The European box art manages to be more accurate to the game than the American one.
Official Nintendo Seal of Quality... I laughed when I saw that... I really did.

Morbi

Scavenger
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
I think they were right. That cuteness would not sell well outside of Japan. I wonder how big Mega Man would be in the West if they actually went with that box-art. Haha.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Official Nintendo Seal of Quality... I laughed when I saw that... I really did.
Yes, that seal was around until 2003. I'm surprised anyone on this website hasn't seen it considering it was on the melee cover lol

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Seal of Quality still appears in game boxes, take a look at the American and European (French ver.) box arts on the back for Fire Emblem: Awakening:

[collapse="Fire Emblem: Awakening American Box Art"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Fire Emblem: Awakening European (French ver.) Box Art"]
[/collapse]

It's just not as visible as the NES boxes as it is not in the box's front, but it's still there.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I thought it was replaced with the seal that didn't have the word "quality" in it, but it appears I was wrong ^^;

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Fox's teeth look pretty bad (they look flat, like a texture you aren't meant to zoom in on), but the rest of him looks amazing. The level of detail is really very impressive; there's seriously little lines of data running across his "scouter", and that blaster is very ornate. This was a good screenshot; it didn't serve as a "reveal", but it gave us a very good look at how well something we already knew about was done in the game.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
One of the most high tech blasters this side of the universe. Each having a core that can rarely be found on one of the most dangerous of planets.
Taking weeks of research and time we have finally completed it...

Oh did I mention it does 1%.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Fox's teeth look pretty bad (they look flat, like a texture you aren't meant to zoom in on),
XD, its actually pretty cool how his teeth aren't perfectly alligned and have different sizes.
If you zoom in real close ya can see how f#@$#@ up his dental structure is.
I mean his two front teeth are dramatically different lengths. Wait maybe one of those is his canine tooth. Then again aren't all of his teeth canines?
I'm just glad he has teeth, unlike poor Donkey Kong.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
This may explain why a lot of box arts for the Kirby titles give Kirby a serious expression for the NTSC-U region, while the other regions give him a more friendly expression. However, it is interesting to point out that the PAL box art for Kirby Air Ride more resembles the NTSC-U box art.

[collapse=Kirby Air Ride NTSC-U]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Kirby Air Ride NTSC-J]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Kirby Air Ride PAL]
[/collapse]

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace

Also just want to say since some of you might not know about this but... When they model a character for a video game in the 3D imaging programs such as Maya and 3DS Max they have to keep the polygon count on the character low. Even for these next gen consoles the polygon count hardly goes up past 10,000 (if you know 3D imaging then that really isn't that much). In addition all shapes a character is comprised of to form their complete model must be either squares or triangles. So those teeth your complaining about really are stellar when you consider the limitations the character designers are under when making these character models.

An example of modeling a character like Fox in a 3D imaging program.

And here is picture of Fox in almost the same stance in SSBB

Notice the difference!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Everybody knows that the next major reveal probably won't be until Friday so these next couple of days will be mildly interesting at best. If Sakurai does decide to try to throw a curveball by then, I hope it's a new stage.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Everybody knows that the next major reveal probably won't be until Friday so these next couple of days will be mildly interesting at best. If Sakurai does decide to try to throw a curveball by then, I hope it's a new stage.
The pokemon character can be revealed anytime remember sonic was though on the week of october 29th because of sonic lost worlds but yet ending up on the first

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm really loving the artstyle of this game so far.

If anything, it seems like they're trying to be a bit less detailed than Brawl, and higher contrast / brighter colors, but with really good detail where it actually matters and looks cool. So far, it's making the characters seem a lot less disjointed with each other, which was a flaw (imo) with Brawl.

And all the background stuff going on in the stages just looks fantastic.

Looks good, man.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It can open up? Maybe it has a power shot or something now? There's no reason why that gun would open up like that for a single shot lol

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
It can open up? Maybe it has a power shot or something now? There's no reason why that gun would open up like that for a single shot lol
In Brawl, it actually opened up like that whenever it was fired. The Brawl pic above just has Fox taking that out and right before he actually uses it.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
This may explain why a lot of box arts for the Kirby titles give Kirby a serious expression for the NTSC-U region, while the other regions give him a more friendly expression. However, it is interesting to point out that the PAL box art for Kirby Air Ride more resembles the NTSC-U box art.

[collapse=Kirby Air Ride NTSC-U]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Kirby Air Ride NTSC-J]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Kirby Air Ride PAL]
[/collapse]
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AmericanKirbyIsHardcore

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I really enjoy daily miiverse pictures like this one, those details, geez, can't wait to see how well they'll look Falco's feathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom