• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Based off of two examples (ray gun and bat now) I'm going to go ahead and predict that all Smash-original items are getting a redesign to some degree. Which means I can't wait to see the beam sword =D

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Make is look like a real party/disco ball, with gorgeous glitter and whatnot. ^^
If you're gonna go that way, why not take it up to eleven? Make it open and release mist and play 'Disco Train' from DKC2 for a few seconds.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If you're gonna go that way, why not take it up to eleven? Make it open and release mist and play 'Disco Train' from DKC2 for a few seconds.
It should release a Little tune from the game the one that activates it is from. :3

Also, I expect Diddy. Kinda expect Dixie with him. And WANT Cranky, tomorrow. Either way, it will be something monkey~

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not gonna lie, I'd actually be perfectly fine with Sandbag. He's been a staple original character/item of Smash for two games now. Anyone who has played Smash enough would recognize him enough to not really be that upset, I'd think.

Granted, people will still get mad and complain. It always happens.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
If Sandbag were to be playable, I'd expect his gimmick would be that he takes less damage for all attacks compared to the rest of the characters (e.g. 25%-50% of the given attack).

So he'd be comparatively weak, but his body allows for the absorption of damage, meaning he can last a long time. And the key to defeating him would be to wail on him and not give him time to breathe until you finally have enough damage racked up to knock him away (though of course, he wouldn't be completely helpless, and would have some tricks up his bag).

Oh, and his Up B (Home Run) would consist of taking out a Home Run Bat and smashing himself diagonally upward.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Everyone is getting hype for something they expect to happen tonight. You know what happens every time this happens... >_>
It's honestly gone over fairly well, the only missed opportunity was with Pokémon X & Y's release which just gave us Wii Fit Butt. Otherwise we've hit a home run with Zelda and Dedede.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh, and Sandbag as playable would be freaking awesome. I'm usually not for whacko ideas like that, but c'mon, it'd just be too good.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
As long as Ridley and K. Rool are in the game, they can put ten wtf characters like Sandbag and I wouldn't mind.

But seriously, sandbag?

Xaltis

Smash Hero
It's honestly gone over fairly well, the only missed opportunity was with Pokémon X & Y's release which just gave us Wii Fit Butt. Otherwise we've hit a home run with Zelda and Dedede.
Wasn't there like 2-3 other anniversarys everyone hyped up but was disappointed? Like ICs and Mewtwo's birthday?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wasn't there like 2-3 other anniversarys everyone hyped up but was disappointed? Like ICs and Mewtwo's birthday?
I don't think 1 or 2 people count as major dissapointment. Those two were only bet on by silly people, especially the latter.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
And as usual, I just suck at this. I live in Sweden, anyone know kinda when it will air for me? ^^"

Either way, dare I hope for a newcomer, or just Diddy?

Reila

And as usual, I just suck at this. I live in Sweden, anyone know kinda when it will air for me? ^^"

Either way, dare I hope for a newcomer, or just Diddy?
Probably Diddy.

Either way, seems like I will be the only one disappointed if they waste a Direct to reveal a veteran instead of a newcomer.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Probably Diddy.

Either way, seems like I will be the only one disappointed if they waste a Direct to reveal a veteran instead of a newcomer.
I envision two outcomes.

In one, tonight's Miiverse pic is of Diddy, and he's later shown in the Direct trailer. Or, he isn't shown tonight, and is instead formally introduced in the Direct trailer (alongside a DK Newcomer).

To reveal only Diddy would be a missed opportunity, I find.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Could still be palatuna but KROOL HYPE TRAIN( never start a hype train with nintendo) at worst just diddy is what i expect.

Reila

I envision two outcomes.

In one, tonight's Miiverse pic is of Diddy, and he's later shown in the Direct trailer. Or, he isn't shown tonight, and is instead formally introduced in the Direct trailer (alongside a DK Newcomer).

To reveal only Diddy would be a missed opportunity, I find.
Yup. I've been saying this a lot today, but people missed my point.

They could reveal Diddy just fine via Miiverse and save the Direct for a completely new character.

Reila

I understand that. I mean it's obviously a newcomer. So you won't be dissapointed. :)
It wouldn't be the first time they waste a direct revealing a veteran.

Anyway, we should avatar bet this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom