• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Let me point out something.
In the game he did the following:
Bring the Hocotate Freight into debt,
Willingly stay on the planet so he can avoid his problems,
And attempt to kill Olimar and the President.
And don't get me started on Pikmin 3.
I thought you'd get that he's the dumbest thing in Hocatate, and he
ATE the money.
Pikmin 3 he still had his giant appetite.

More of a trouble maker, with no evil intents.
And I told you about the Titan Dweeb thing.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Very nice. I wonder what else he'll change for the items. It's good for those who like playing with items on.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
ERMAHGERD FERST PERST ERPDERTERD.

I really need to redo the first post to have the same format all the way to June of last year.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And I told you about the Titan Dweeb thing.
Well...
It's implied that the Titan Dweevil wasn't evil at all. But instead was controlled by an outside force, Louie. He willingly tried to kill you and the President! All so he didn't have to take responsibility for his actions. While he may not entirely fill the role of antagonist, he might as well have.
Another thing to note is he has experience with bugs. As told by his grandmother.
Don't believe me? Here:
"Louie, I sent you some of the preserved bug foods from home. You should share some with your company president. As a kid, bugs loved you so much. Always nibbling.."
Double collapse for spoiler reasons.

Last edited:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
I figure they gave the bat a redo for the same reason they re-did the ray gun. To make it look less like a real life weapon. I mean not that bats are mainly used as weapons. But ya know...violence and all that jazz. :rolleyes:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Tomorrow will either be what we expect or a disappointment. Out of curiosity if it;s not Diddy or a Newcomer, what would you want instead?
A DK stage at the very least. The Wii U one is almost definitely going to be based on DKCR but there's a lot of great stages they could go with. I'm hoping they avoid the temptation of simply going with a cliche jungle stage and try to make one that's a little more dynamic this time around.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
A DK stage at the very least. The Wii U one is almost definitely going to be based on DKCR but there's a lot of great stages they could go with. I'm hoping they avoid the temptation of simply going with a cliche jungle stage and try to make one that's a little more dynamic this time around.
DKCR? Why no Tropical Freeze?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I figure they gave the bat a redo for the same reason they re-did the ray gun. To make it look less like a real life weapon. I mean not that bats are mainly used as weapons. But ya know...violence and all that jazz. :rolleyes:
Nah, they were probably just re-designed to look new and fit better with Smash. ^^ Sakurai said he don't want the Plasma Beam to look like a real gun, but it never has. I doubt he's afraid of their realism. I mean, Link's sword and Ness' Bat are still (most likely) the same.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
DKCR? Why no Tropical Freeze?
The Wii U stages for the major franchises will probably be based more on the Wii entries just like how most of the major franchise stages were based on the Gamecube entries in Brawl. The Pikmin stage is based on Pikmin 3 but, then again, Pikmin 3 as we now know it began development in 2010 (technically as early as 2005 but that's neither here or there), nearly 2 years before SSB4 began development, so it's expected that they'd go with that entry.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The Wii U stages for the major franchises will probably be based more on the Wii entries just like how most of the major franchise stages were based on the Gamecube entries in Brawl. The Pikmin stage is based on Pikmin 3 but, then again, Pikmin 3 as we now know it began development in 2010 (technically as early as 2005 but that's neither here or there), nearly 2 years before SSB4 began development, so it's expected that they'd go with that entry.
I dunno, maybe Sakurai wants to change things up with some stages, and throw in an ice stage from the DKs. Also, whos to say we wont get both. Right now, Im saying that were getting a DKC:TF stage, but thats just my opinion

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...And we forget the Sonic Lost World stage...

D

Deleted member

I hope they remove Diddy Kongs B+Down and make it so he tags up with Dixie Kong, that way we remove a bs move from the game satisfy Dixie and Diddy fans, and we can even save a roster spot for K. Rool.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I wonder if Skyloft will have a night variation, also there was a part 2 to today's pic.
Does Sakurai usually post more than one pic a day?
I just found out about that 2 part zelda pic where zelda squishes dededes beak.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Something tells me all (or at least most) Smash original items will probably be getting a redesign this time around.

Oh well, nice to see the Home-run bat's new design. Looks pretty cool.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Something tells me all (or at least most) Smash original items will probably be getting a redesign this time around.
I'm getting that feeling too. All the Smash original items (except the Smash Ball) revealed so far have been redesigned.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm getting that feeling too. All the Smash original items (except the Smash Ball) revealed so far have been redesigned.
Can't wait to see the new glorious Fan. It will be re-named... The Spam-Fan.

Anywho. Tomorrow's pic will most likely include ape. But what ape(s)? Most say Diddy. I am leaning to Diddy + Dixie. I am hoping for Cranky. But it WILL be Candy.

Dairz

Smash Ace
@ Substitution Substitution

This pic has several trees AND bushes! Now all we need is a bush tree on thursday or friday, and then the ritual will be complete this week would've had a bunch of trees.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I don't know if this has been said, but just the detail of DK's eyes popping out like that, the detail on the bat and the effect of the swirling wind when he gets launched makes me so freakin' excited for the little details of this game!

I mean just the simple things amplified give me the hope that other, deeper things like adventure mode will be above and beyond. And mind you, this is the first time we've seen DK with this effect (Megaman recently was shown to have a facial expression so maybe these details are the final touches on all the characters)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just realized that the bat has a Bayonetta-esque design to it.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

It begins.....

EDIT:
But with an angry Sandbag face and white gloves instead of boxing gloves.
Now I kinda want the sand bag to be playable

Sakurai: Sand Bag returns with a vengeance! The last three games had you beating up sand bag, but in Soviet Japan, Sand Bag beats you. It's final smash, Home-run Shangri-la, cause it to grow 4 extra arms and hex-wield home-run bats; it retains the ability to move.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I think we could get a Tropical Freeze stage just because Returns was also released on the 3DS and I doubt we would get a Returns stage for both Smash games. I guess we could get a DK Arcade stage again with the Wii U game, but I dunno.

I want sandbag too to be honest. With little boxing gloves arms like the Wii Fit punching bag, trying his hardest to fight back.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
What a strange yet decorative looking bat. I'm hoping that unique "KREEEENG!!" sound that always scares that crap outta me returns. :3

Hmm, I'd love it if the Party Ball gets a redesign. Poor thing looks the same in both installments, it's 'bout time it should look decorative just like the bat. Add some flair, y'know? With that being said, I'm excited to see the rest of the original Smash items now.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
What a strange yet decorative looking bat. I'm hoping that unique "KREEEENG!!" sound that always scares that crap outta me returns. :3

Hmm, I'd love it if the Party Ball gets a redesign. Poor thing looks the same in both installments, it's 'bout time it should look decorative just like the bat. Add some flair, y'know? With that being said, I'm excited to see the rest of the original Smash items now.
Make is look like a real party/disco ball, with gorgeous glitter and whatnot. ^^

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Now I kinda want the sand bag to be playable

Sakurai: Sand Bag returns with a vengeance! The last three games had you beating up sand bag, but in Soviet Japan, Sand Bag beats you. It's final smash, Home-run Shangri-la, cause it to grow 4 extra arms and hex-wield home-run bats; it retains the ability to move.
And it has to say Nii-san or Sayonara, Nii-san during homerun contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom