• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would like her in as an individual fighter but the resemblance she shares with Marth is just too much to overcome.
As I said above, she could be a clone with different properties and a few different moves. Like Wolf is to Fox.

PS: I'd much rather get My Unit/Robin/Avatar over Lucina, Chrome or whoever from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can't be the only one that thinks today's quote makes Lucario sound like a Hong Kong Dub.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Then again, look at Roy."

Yeah, look at the last-minute clone in Melee that was at least planned for a return to Brawl as a last-minute clone again, and see Ike, who was neither last-minute nor clone, as comparable.

"But the other Fire Emblem Avatars never made it".

That's because Avatars weren't a thing until 2010.

Not directly quoting because I'll just get ******* at by the user for "attacking" them again.

andimidna

Smash Master
This is one of the few threads I've clicked on NOT expecting a Fire Emblem discussion.
"Prepare yourself"

Personal wish: Marth, Ike, Chrom and Lucina, Robin, Anna and Tiki
Expect: Marth, Ike, Chrom
Other characters I like: Lyn, Micaiah, Tharja
If no newcomers are added: Marth, Ike, Roy

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"Then again, look at Roy."

Yeah, look at the last-minute clone in Melee that was at least planned for a return to Brawl as a last-minute clone again, and see Ike, who was neither last-minute nor clone, as comparable.

"But the other Fire Emblem Avatars never made it".

That's because Avatars weren't a thing until 2010.

Not directly quoting because I'll just get *****ed at by the user for "attacking" them again.
So does an Awakening character constitute a last-minute addition?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, at least we know Marth's Shieldbreaker still has the same properties as it did in Brawl. Neat?

Alright. Onward, to tomorrow!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
True pic of the day

Just kidding. I'm sure some of you wish it was, though. ¦D

Hopefully you noticed quick enough since I was too lazy to add the border saying which console it's on to this pic I found. Though the low res graphics should've been clue enough. XD

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So, this picture actually makes me wonder something. In Brawl, Double Team was a rare Lucario move that wasn't affected by aura at all; the new graphic effect makes me think that might have changed. Of course, the other thing I'm thinking kinda works against that; I have a bold prediction. Double Team is still going to be a really bad special move in the new game.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's not shocking that there's a lot of Lucario so soon after his reveal (plus Marth Yaoi, but that's mandatory), but doesn't Sakurai show off his Specials surprisingly much? I mean, explonations for Three specials already, when most veterans hasn't had a single move explained. Hell, we've not seen ANY of Olimar's specials yet.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
It's not shocking that there's a lot of Lucario so soon after his reveal (plus Marth Yaoi, but that's mandatory), but doesn't Sakurai show off his Specials surprisingly much? I mean, explonations for Three specials already, when most veterans hasn't had a single move explained. Hell, we've not seen ANY of Olimar's specials yet.
I completely agree with this. Sakurai has stated that he's working really hard on balancing the game, yet we've hardly seen any info on specials. The other thing is, he's shown us some of their specials a while back before he was captioning, or going into details in the captions. It's good to keep some things secret, but why show us most of Lucario's moves and none of Olimar's?

With no Sonic and Olimar lately, perhaps he's buffing them? They both need it, special move-wise.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I completely agree with this. Sakurai has stated that he's working really hard on balancing the game, yet we've hardly seen any info on specials. The other thing is, he's shown us some of their specials a while back before he was captioning, or going into details in the captions. It's good to keep some things secret, but why show us most of Lucario's moves and none of Olimar's?

With no Sonic and Olimar lately, perhaps he's buffing them? They both need it, special move-wise.
Well, I guess there could be Changes to Sonic and Olimar. Sakurai has said at times that we can expect a lot of moves and such to be different when the game is finally out. And Sonic was a late addition to Brawl, so it would make sense if, now that he's placed Sonic in Smash 4, he would chage up with moveset. I wouldn't mind one of his Spin specials to be changed. ^^
Olimar, though.. maybe he's having trouble with him on the 3DS version? Or maybe he saves Olimar to reveal big Changes with him having Rock and Flying Pikmin? Or maybe it's just a coincidence?

Ah for now, maybe Lucario is just getting so much focus on moves and such because Sakurai wasn't allowed to talk about the Pokémon until recently, cuz' of GameFreak.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well, I guess there could be Changes to Sonic and Olimar. Sakurai has said at times that we can expect a lot of moves and such to be different when the game is finally out. And Sonic was a late addition to Brawl, so it would make sense if, now that he's placed Sonic in Smash 4, he would chage up with moveset. I wouldn't mind one of his Spin specials to be changed. ^^
Olimar, though.. maybe he's having trouble with him on the 3DS version? Or maybe he saves Olimar to reveal big Changes with him having Rock and Flying Pikmin? Or maybe it's just a coincidence?

Ah for now, maybe Lucario is just getting so much focus on moves and such because Sakurai wasn't allowed to talk about the Pokémon until recently, cuz' of GameFreak.
Yeah, I listed those two because I thought they needed it the most. I know Sonic's spin is iconic, but he can do more than it. There are many possibilities rather than 'fast spin dash' and 'slow spin dash'.

It might be a bit much for two Pikmin reps, but I think the only way Rock and Flying Pikmin will be included is if Alph, Brittany or Charlie are in. Alph seems most likely, where as Brittany could be a possibility seeing as Sakurai is pushing female reps.

Oh, great. He kept the move he can't even learn in his source games.
All Pokémon that can learn TMs can learn Double Team except Wobbuffet.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ahahaha~
I like how his eyes flash when he gets the counter.

Well, sense this move is in again, lets hope it gets an upgrade from the last game.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Ahahaha~
I like how his eyes flash when he gets the counter.

Well, sense this move is in again, lets hope it gets an upgrade from the last game.
The only time I used Double Team in Brawl was when I play SSE. Those stupid Primid's... fell for it every time.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
The only time I used Double Team in Brawl was when I play SSE. Those stupid Primid's... fell for it every time.
Lol.
It works great against olimar players too, when they throw there pikmen at you. After they latch on, every hit can be countered.

But other then that, nahh. In competitive play, the risk just isn't worth the reward. I'd like my counter to be quick enough NOT to be blocked after coming out. :T

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This picture confirms another special move for Lucario and confirms that Marth's Shield Breaker is the same as Brawl. Guess those two characters haven't changed much from before, unlike Bowser and Pit.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I was a very casual but experienced Lucario player. I always enjoyed playing him. However I had one quirk about my strategy when fighting with him. I had to take the last stock of my opponent using Lucario's Double Team. While this little strategy quirk I had may have been a tad stupid it was all the more worth it when I star KOed their predictable little smartas*es.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I was a very casual but experienced Lucario player. I always enjoyed playing him. However I had one quirk about my strategy when fighting with him. I had to take the last stock of my opponent using Lucario's Double Team. While this little strategy quirk I had may have been a tad stupid it was all the more worth it when I star KOed their predictable little smartas*es.
Haven't seen you in a long time, weird guy.
How ya doin' ?
How's life?
How's your hamburger?
Tell your golden retriever I said hello.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There's been a lot of off-topic'ness here lately. I know the pics of the day has been lacking in excitement or discussion value lately but don't spam this thread with off topic discussion, videos, or memes.

If there is nothing productive for you to contribute, why not save it for the Social thread where posting such silliness won't lead to a warning or possibly an infraction.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Lucario's glowing eyes remind me of Rayquaza for some reason.

There's been a lot of off-topic'ness here lately. I know the pics of the day has been lacking in excitement or discussion value lately but don't spam this thread with off topic discussion, videos, or memes.

If there is nothing productive for you to contribute, why not save it for the Social thread where posting such silliness won't lead to a warning or possibly an infraction.
There's a social thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom