• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've soured to the Reggie jokes after that petition. :/

Seeing that Diddy will likely be revealed on Thursday, may be a Banana item confirmation tomorrow? :D

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Seeing that Diddy will likely be revealed on Thursday, may be a Banana item confirmation tomorrow? :D
Well, that's implying.
This is Sakurai, unpredictability is one of his specialties. For all we know, it could just be a picture of DK with a reference to the game...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

That would be neat. Random tripping could be annoying, but I still love Tripping by Bananas. ^^ I hope slipping on Bananas makes some very cartoony sounds this time. Like, really cheesy and cartoony.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
That would be neat. Random tripping could be annoying, but I still love Tripping by Bananas. ^^ I hope slipping on Bananas makes some very cartoony sounds this time. Like, really cheesy and cartoony.
Well...they kinda made cartoonish sounds...it just depended on who slipped on them. Realistic characters like Link,Snake and Samus make a different sound from cartoonish characters like Sonic,Kirby or Mario.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well...they kinda made cartoonish sounds...it just depended on who slipped on them. Realistic characters like Link,Snake and Samus make a different sound from cartoonish characters like Sonic,Kirby or Mario.
Link? Realistic?

Mind you this is the guy that speaks by yelling.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
... they do? I must have somehow completely missed that. Thank you for the info, Young man/lady. :3

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Man...as in XY chromosome.
Your avatar makes it very hard to tell, though. :p

Well, anywho. I hope we'll get to see the Laser Sword soon.

Laser Sword idea: They will randomly have different colors, and will work differently. Red Swords puts foes on fire, causing damage, Blue Swords can be used much faster (not related to Sonic at all!), etc. I'd like that.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
God, Sakurai, stop it with the pointless Lucario pics showing moves that are staying the same :I We want something relevant.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
God, Sakurai, stop it with the pointless Lucario pics showing moves that are staying the same :I We want something relevant.
Eh, don't fret too much. There's 13 updates left with a character pretty much a slamdunk for Thursday and the high possibility of a Nintendo Direct by the end of the month. Besides, the last three months of updates have been stellar so it'll be hard to be too disappointed on the unlikely chance that things don't pick up.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unless we get character after character people will complain no matter what. We've already got a new Pokeball Pokemon and a new AT, and in all probability we're going to be getting a character this week. February will probably end up about as informative as any other month, especially since like Fatman said, we also have quite a high chance of getting a Direct at some point.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Eh, don't fret too much. There's 13 updates left with a character pretty much a slamdunk for Thursday and the high possibility of a Nintendo Direct by the end of the month. Besides, the last three months of updates have been stellar so it'll be hard to be too disappointed on the unlikely chance that things don't pick up.
I think all my hype took a crash dive into the ground after the 'Cosmos in Gown' thing, because it seems like Sakurai's back to that 'I don't know how important this game actually is to some people' mentality that he has shown anniversary after anniversary and release date after release date. If we get a Diddy reveal on Thursday, I'll shut it about Sakurai for a day or two, but if we don't get a character reveal on the next Direct (Which should be soon and should be Ridley) I'm gonna flip my ****.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Lucario was just revealed, and were getting info on his moves and other details, like his glowing eyes. How is that not relevant?

I think you meant to say, "I don't like the pictures I subjectively deem 'irrelevant', and I want a new character/item/AT/stage every day."

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
"I don't like the pictures I subjectively deem 'irrelevant', and I want a new character/item/AT/stage every day."
That's about right...you know, like...the Brawl Dojo? He kept us happy with stages, items, game modes, characters or music.

Dairz

Smash Ace
That's about right...you know, like...the Brawl Dojo? He kept us happy with stages, items, game modes, characters or music.
And Brawl was overhyped because of the Dojo. There were many people disappointed with the final product because they expected too much. I'm not saying the current system is great, its far from it, but at least you wont expect too much.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Did he not regret doing the Brawl Dojo?

Also wouldn't you rather him focus on getting his work done?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People seem to have forgotten the months where we got one new character and the rest was composed of throwaway pics. Now we pretty much get at least one notable new thing a week. How quickly and shamelessly people become insatiable. If we get Diddy this week we'll have gotten five characters since December (including a newcomer), which is only one less than the entirety of July to November.

We don't even have to be getting anything daily, yet people are upset when we see more of a character recently revealed.

You mean the Brawl DOJO that didn't update daily until nearly a year post-trailer?

Dairz

Smash Ace
People seem to have forgotten the months where we got one new character and the rest was composed of throwaway pics. Now we pretty much get at least one notable new thing a week. How quickly and shamelessly people become insatiable. If we get Diddy this week we'll have gotten five characters since December (including a newcomer), which is only one less than the entirety of July to November.
Well said. I've seen alot of people becoming greedy, and acting like spoiled little kids over these PoTDs. Be happy Sakurai is doing anything at all, he could've given us NOTHING. I wish people would stop bringing up the Dojo, Sakurai himself said keeping it updated was very stressful for him.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some people are just impossible to satisfy it seems...

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow's picture. I think a Nintendo Direct will be happening this or the next week.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
I like the glowing eyes. However, I was kind of hoping this move would be replaced. Still have a chance with his side-B, I guess. Both those moves lack much creativity, imo.

On another note, more clipping! Marth's hand and forearm also seem to have strange proportions. Probably just the angle.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
And Brawl was overhyped because of the Dojo. There were many people disappointed with the final product because they expected too much. I'm not saying the current system is great, its far from it, but at least you wont expect too much.
I'm not supposed to 'not expect too much' from ****ING SMASH BROTHERS.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
You don't have a good memory at all. There was so much complaining regarding the updates like "you must recover!" The updates regarding the most basic of Smash Bros staples were frequent. You are just going to have to deal with it.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You don't have a good memory at all. There was so much complaining regarding the updates like "you must recover!" The updates regarding the most basic of Smash Bros staples were frequent. You are just going to have to deal with it.
I just want music and a comprehensive layout that has access to the different stages and game modes...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The Brawl Dojo is so overstated in what it provided that it was hardly funny and the compliants like this were just as constant. One important fact to take into account particularly with Lucario, just because we know what it is, doesn't mean everyone does, we obessess over that type of thing, but most people don't. We have to remember that the screenshots are not just for us.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I just want music and a comprehensive layout that has access to the different stages and game modes...
Sakurai already said he wasn't going to be talking about the game like he did with Brawl. Even still, we have more information about this Smash than in the same amount of time with Brawl. In fact it's probably better this way. Everyone felt like they knew everything about Brawl before release and it just ruins certain surprises.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Want Sakurai to do updates like the old DOJO
Want Sakurai to actually do his job.

Gee, I wonder which one would benefit people in the end.

Last edited:

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully we get a picture soon of Lucarios side B the only one of his specials we have not recieved yet

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Want Sakurai to do updates like the old DOJO
Want Sakurai to actually do his job.

Gee, I wonder which one would benefit people in the end.
That's how I think of it. Things are a lot better this time and I've pretty much been saying this since July. We had to wait a year last time for daily updates and a year and three months for the first newcomer. Also, as others have said, he came to heavily resent the Dojo because of how big of a distraction it was and how much time he poured into it so I can live with this.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Some people are just impossible to satisfy it seems...

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow's picture. I think a Nintendo Direct will be happening this or the next week.
Sigh I really want to see yarn yoshi, x. And zelda wii u. Sigh................. If nintendo would just give us information, the Wii U will make a comeback.

Last edited:

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
We don't get that many pics showing specials, so even if these are the same moves as before, it's still cool to see them. Here's to hoping double team is a little bit better this time around. Sure he didn't really say much about it, but that doesn't mean it isn't getting improved. Or does it? What do I know...

Dairz

Smash Ace
Isn't there a fan site for that?

And wouldn't discovering the music for yourself in the game be better then just hearing about it?
D-idara: Hm, found a CD.
*is one of D-idara's favorite songs*
D-idara: *SQUEAL*

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's how I think of it. Things are a lot better this time and I've pretty much been saying this since July. We had to wait a year last time for daily updates and a year and three months for the first newcomer. Also, as others have said, he came to heavily resent the Dojo because of how big of a distraction it was and how much time he poured into it so I can live with this.
Yet we somehow coincidentally forget that every time...
...Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom