• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two final bosses as ATs... And they are not even from recent games. I love it! I'm expecting Marx now. I feel it fits perfectly for this.

EDIT: And Giygas. We NEED Giygas.
I would give up various body parts to have Marx playable, especially if he rides his bouncy ball. All that Final Smash potential.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Two final bosses as ATs... And they are not even from recent games. I love it! I'm expecting Marx now. I feel it fits perfectly for this.

EDIT: And Giygas. We NEED Giygas.
Marx would be a cool assist trophy. They could just copy paste Tabuu's move set! :p

Giygas would be crazy. Making the background all psychedelic and stuff, being all beyond comprehension(assuming we're talking about Mother 2 Giygas). I actually wouldn't mind seeing him as a stage. Not a stage hazard, the entire stage.

Last edited:
Marx would be a cool assist trophy. They could just copy paste Tabuu's move set! :p

Giygas would be crazy. Making the background all psychedelic and stuff, being all beyond comprehension(assuming we're talking about Mother 2 Giygas). I actually wouldn't mind seeing him as a stage. Not a stage hazard, the entire stage.
Tabuu doesn't have the laugh though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Whatever the new DK stage is, all I know is that it needs to have this music:

AAAAGGHH!!

It's got David Wise all over it! It's amazing! It's like...exactly what I wanted and more! MY FEEEEEEEELS!!!!!!!!!

Look, as long as there's some nod to Kremlings in this game, it might just be the greatest thing to happen to DK in the longest goddamn time. Whoa man. Whoa.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Don't be silly guys! We all know what is being revealed on Valentines day! It is obviously the heart container and I know this for a fact.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm worried that Tropical Freeze will come too late in SSB's development to get any attentions :(
I don't think so, especially with stages, considering that Tropical Freeze is already an extremely high-poly game and they could just port the enviroments.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So... pic predictions for the new week?

1: Lucario using Double Team
2: PokéBall Pokémon
3: Donkey Kong saying "Don't miss today's Direct!" and then Diddy/Dixie/Cranky/King K. Rool
4: that new character using a move
5: that new character on a new DK stage

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
SSB4 will have a DK silhouette stage. Each character will be black with an accent color that's the same as their emblem color.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm worried that Tropical Freeze will come too late in SSB's development to get any attentions :(
I wouldn't worry about that, Tropical Freeze is one of their most heavily promoted IPs. It may not entail a character pertinent to the game like Cranky Kong, but characters like Dixie and K. Rool were fairly inevitable even prior to Tropical Freeze.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
That's a good point. Development of the games must have started at least a year apart. However, the development would still have been coinciding for a while, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something from DKC:TF in Smash 4. And, as others have said, characters such as Dixie and K. Rool have been relevant for a much longer time anyway.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If it's Gangplank Galleon then I think we can officially declare Smashboards dead from excitement and hype. All of the Elite 4 getting stages, yet none of them confirmed? I'm sure that'd require some sort of bunker if we want to survive.
So a DK, Generic Smash Arena, Pit, and Metroid stage mean K.Rool, Little Mac, Palutena, and Ridley? Nah bro, Nah. It would be nice though but we can link so many different things and come up with absolutely no results. BUT THE HINTS!!! THE HINTS!!! (oh man exciting stuff)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So a DK, Generic Smash Arena, Pit, and Metroid stage mean K.Rool, Little Mac, Palutena, and Ridley? Nah bro, Nah. It would be nice though but we can link so many different things and come up with absolutely no results. BUT THE HINTS!!! THE HINTS!!! (oh man exciting stuff)
The point was that it'd be almost cruel to have K. Rool's ship, an arena which has incredibly many Punch Out hints in it, an arena with a statue of Palutena, and the place of Samus and Ridley's duel in Other M as stages, while not showing any signs of the characters' actual roles in the game. It'd be such a giant tease, and the three stages we have now are already making people hold their breaths for unusually long (maybe except the Palutena statue stage because of a certain leak.) It's the way of the Sakurai.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The point was that it'd be almost cruel to have K. Rool's ship, an arena which has incredibly many Punch Out hints in it, an arena with a statue of Palutena, and the place of Samus and Ridley's duel in Other M as stages, while not showing any signs of the characters' actual roles in the game. It'd be such a giant tease, and the three stages we have now are already making people hold their breaths for unusually long (maybe except the Palutena statue stage because of a certain leak.) It's the way of the Sakurai.
This is Sakurai.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yes I agree. That would be terrible. Its almost like he's trolling us... Maybe its an allusion to the next game... Remember Smashville? I sure hope its not the case at least with Palutena. I don't care either way with the other characters. :p

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
AAAAGGHH!!

It's got David Wise all over it! It's amazing! It's like...exactly what I wanted and more! MY FEEEEEEEELS!!!!!!!!!

Look, as long as there's some nod to Kremlings in this game, it might just be the greatest thing to happen to DK in the longest goddamn time. Whoa man. Whoa.
I'm with you, this game has potential to be the greatest addition to the Donkey Kong Country series. Good thing I bought a Wii U just in time, it's 2014 lineup is kicking off with a bang.

David Wise + Retro Studios = Epicness

Ascended

Smash Ace
Yes I agree. That would be terrible. Its almost like he's trolling us... Maybe its an allusion to the next game... Remember Smashville? I sure hope its not the case at least with Palutena. I don't care either way with the other characters. :p
The difference with that is Sakurai didn't think an Animal Crossing character would be capable of fighting at the time, but he still wanted to represent the series since it is a major Nintendo franchise. K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, and especially Little Mac are all capable fighters, three of them even have series already represented with fighters.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Imagine the amount of happiness there will be on SmashBoards if both Ridley and K. Rool would be in SSB4. There might be a service overload, ala Pokémon bank.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Imagine the amount of happiness there will be on SmashBoards if both Ridley and K. Rool would be in SSB4. There might be a service overload, ala Pokémon bank.
Day 1 of Smash U and 3DS's release. All servers overloaded. Nintendo of Japan's servers combusted into flames. Nintendo of America's servers split in half. Someone dropped a croissant into Nintendo of Europe's servers. Nintendo loses all the money they got from Smash on buying new servers, and even more on top of that. They're looking to go bankrupt. This is why they didn't want K. Rool in any new DKC game.

Please understand.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Day 1 of Smash U and 3DS's release. All servers overloaded. Nintendo of Japan's servers combusted into flames. Nintendo of America's servers split in half. Someone dropped a croissant into Nintendo of Europe's servers. Nintendo loses all the money they got from Smash on buying new servers, and even more on top of that. They're looking to go bankrupt. This is why they didn't want K. Rool in any new DKC game.

Please understand.
If that would happen this would be my reaction...

Solid Snake & Sonic the Hedgehog.jpg

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It'd be a shame if we don't get Sunset Shore and we get some generic jungle again.
Although personally I like Jungle Japes and Kongo Jungle. But PLEASE no Rumble Falls or 75m.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
A quick mockup.

Goodness MAMA!! Wow you know with silhouettes being in almost every platformer lately I could see this happening... Ah who am I kidding this is too cool to actually happen. Also if a stage like this didn't have walk-off KO's it would be even better!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That's too amazing, I don't give a **** about everything else, I just want Sunset Shores

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
That stage would be absolutely incredible. Hell if it's not significant enough or whatever to make it it's own stage, just make the DK stage occasionally have that affect or something, but it'd be a shame not to have it at all.

D

Deleted member

As much as the stage would be epic....

....did anyone stop to think about how palettes would work on a stage like that?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
As much as the stage would be epic....

....did anyone stop to think about how palettes would work on a stage like that?
Haha, I'll admit the thought did not cross my mind for ever a second. I guess just the little details bits could change in color, but that's not really true to what the palette swaps do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom