• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So does the enemy from Samus' past mean Mother Brain? I mean... I think so... Not that I don't like Ridley its just I don't care either way with this guy. It could indirectly mean MB because Sakurai never directly said assist trophy and in all of the Pyrosphere screen shots we've seen both holes. Even though it doesn't make much sense showing a Other M stage then showing someone from Metroid. This is Sakurai, he is the troll king. Especially after the Palutena fiasco

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So does the enemy from Samus' past mean Mother Brain? I mean... I think so... Not that I don't like Ridley its just I don't care either way with this guy. It could indirectly mean MB because Sakurai never directly said assist trophy and in all of the Pyrosphere screen shots we've seen both holes. Even though it doesn't make much sense showing a Other M stage then showing someone from Metroid. This is Sakurai, he is the troll king. Especially after the Palutena fiasco
No, he's most likely referring to a stage hazard. As Mother Brain is an assist now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey guys, out of curiosity...
Where did all the cracks and holes go?
There seems to be significantly less of them, although I do see one towards the bottom of the pic.
Unless it's just hidden in the upper right corner

Holy crud I did not notices that where did the hole go

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Ugh... I knew this was going to become a Ridley Issue as soon as this appeared and I'm not going to even justify that debate as Mother Brain as an assist trophy means very little. At the most it probably makes lessens Ridley from the likelyhood of an Assist Trophy but I don't think may people thought he was going to be one either.

On the image itself I was actually pleasantly surprised by this. I never once thought for a moment for Mother Brain as an assist trophy, but now that I see it, yea I definitely could see it working.

Last edited:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I'm really loving how Sakurai is covering characters and games that Smash hasn't yet acknowledged! I mean, seriously, when have we seen Skull Kid, Ashley, or Mother Brain outside of stickers? Not to mention Pilotwings and Find Mii stages.

Mother Brain sounds like such an awesome idea for an AT.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm really loving how Sakurai is covering characters and games that Smash hasn't yet acknowledged! I mean, seriously, when have we seen Skull Kid, Ashley, or Mother Brain outside of stickers? Not to mention Pilotwings and Find Mii stages.

Mother Brain sounds like such an awesome idea for an AT.
Though I feel that I'll really hate them flying Spaghetti O's...

Louie G.

Smash Hero

A comparison between the two.
Come to think of it there never really was a hole where Mother Brain is anyway.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ridley was never said to be a hazard. What Sakurai said can be taken in two ways.

1: He may appear any second as a hazard on the stage with the quote.

2: He actually meant he will be revealed soon, but said it in a way as to not actually reveal it.

Both are very possible, and for certain reasons, I am betting on playable. I wish people would stop talking as if he IS a hazard until proven.

Anyways, really love those Rinkas. ^^

Staarih

Smash Master
Two Pyrosphere pictures in a row and people are NOT saying it's building up to something? Now that's a first :awesome:

Anyway, Mother Brain looks like an awesome AT.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
OR he was just referencing the fact that Ridley appears here in Other M.
I think many took it out of context, Sakurai's quote about Ridley means as much as his quote about Palutena, when you think about it.
I'm really leaning towards a playable appearance now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
OR he was just referencing the fact that Ridley appears here in Other M that game that shall not be mentioned.
I think many took it out of context, Sakurai's quote about Ridley means as much as his quote about Palutena, when you think about it.
Fixed.

But, to be serious, I dunno. Though if he is, I'll accept him. Now whether or not I'll main him is another question...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Fixed.

But, to be serious, I dunno. Though if he is, I'll accept him. Now whether or not I'll main him is another question...
Relax, only GoNintendo has the rule to not talk about Other M. Very... smart rule...

Also, I am happy you don't seem opposed to Ridley, but you do sound like you would rather have him Not playable. :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
OR he was just referencing the fact that Ridley appears here in Other M.
Ok I change my mind Gonintendo a right it's just angle thing the hole is over the door and the door is not in the mother brain picture so nice try

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say, what a brilliant idea for a assist trophy. It's just so ridiculous that it actually works. Love how Mario just stands behind the the like nothing happened. I hope the team is trying to put a ridiculous number of different assists and pokeballs in because that's my favourite part about smash with items.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not everyone is American, you know?

Pic of the day updates around 8 in the morning for me (and the rest of Western Europe).
Well, then...
...Greetings! From across the pond from all of us!
...Across the lake? No. Across the ocean? Probably not it...

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Btw, are those glass shards I see? Does Mother Brain's glass container break as she appears? Or am I just seeing things?

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
When I saw Mother Brain I got SO hype! I love the Metroid games and I just recently did a 100% run of the original not long ago, so this was a very nice update<3
It also made me hope that we get an HD Andross AT (maybe his model from adventures?) in place the the SNES one from brawl

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045

A comparison between the two.
Come to think of it there never really was a hole where Mother Brain is anyway.
Yeah it really is just the angle. I've examined every pyrosphere pic to death and if the holes aren't there it's simply because of the angle. If we see the holes patched up then Ridley fans really need to worry. After all this time though the holes are a constant part of the scenery.

At the pictures above, does no one else think the purple cylinders are some sort of stage hazard just below the ledge?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, woke up, saw Mother Brain and the Challenger Approaching screen and began to hyperventilate, only to realize it's an AT. Cool.

I've also done a bit of an analysis in my Graveyard OP, but I do have to ask: What role will the Rinkas play? Will they just be obstacles? Or can you actually destroy/freeze them as platforms?

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Is it me or does the brain model look like a sphere with brain texture slapped onto it? I was kinda hoping they would take their time to make all the curbed surface of the brain. Amazing reveal nevertheless.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Too bad the guy that summoned her was Mario instead of Sonic.

I wanted to make a Sonic for Hire joke.

Soniqua: "Avocado! Soniqua wants man flesh!"

Mario: "I'm not taking over the world ...... or what ever the hell I was doing ... until I kill this *****!"

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Is it me or does the brain model look like a sphere with brain texture slapped onto it? I was kinda hoping they would take their time to make all the curbed surface of the brain. Amazing reveal nevertheless.
Didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but yeah, it does seem like that haha.

I guess I don't care since it's one of those things that'll go unnoticed due to the pace of the game, but any time I see a screen grab or pause the game when it's out there... I'l know...

Lozjam

Smash Champion
When mother brain is being played as a character, Alfonzo takes it's place as an assist trophy.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
all assist/pokeball pokemon are lower poly than playable characters and the scenery to reduce system lag (Ashley's hands. Skull kids hands and clothes, etc.) You won't notice when you are actually playing.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well well well.. So It was Mother Brain that Sakurai was referencing when he said "an old enemy from Samus' past could appear at any moment"...

Ridley confirmed. :troll:

When mother brain is being played as a character, Alfonzo takes it's place as an assist trophy.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"
I see the makings of a meme..

Last edited by a moderator:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I swear, if Ridley is playable, I'll yell "PROTECT THE QUEEN!" everytime Mother Brain is summoned while I play as him.

And probably do so in a British accent.

I have no idea why, but I assure that's what I'm going to do.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I swear, if Ridley is playable, I'll yell "PROTECT THE QUEEN!" everytime Mother Brain is summoned while I play as him.

And probably do so in a British accent.

I have no idea why, but I assure that's what I'm going to do.
Wait, so I'm not the only one? That's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom