• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
^what he said

Something tells me they mostly look at Japanese sources for fan opinions, maybe only like 10% from the western world.

Last edited:

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Even if he's stopped reading Miiverse comments, he seems to see tweets at least (i.e. the Palutena leak trolling).

I also wonder: Hypothetically, if Palutena was only planned to be, say, an assist trophy/Pit's FS until Sakurai saw so many people get excited over the leak…would it be too far-fetched to think that he might decide to make her a playable character late in the development process? Assuming Smash 4 is released in August or later, that seems like plenty of time.
By the time the leak got out I think Sakurai already mentioned that they were currently in the process of balancing the game. Which I take it to mean that everything meant to be in the game is already in there and now their just fine tuning it. So, if Palutena is not playable, then the leak doesn't change that. Besides, there's always huge amounts of people that get excited for character leaks, or really disappointed for deconfirmed characters (ex, Ashley) no matter who the character is. Sakurai can't just listen to what the fans want and pander to them, it would ruin the game.

The surest way to please nobody is to try to please everybody all at once.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How is the Ridley support on Miiverse? Because I've only heard about Sakurai reading Miiverse comments…I've never heard of him reading other forums.
We know that Nate Bihldorf, the guy who translated the Brawl Dojo and a prime Nintendo translator, was reading NeoGAF and Smashboards during the Brawl days, so I'm fairly certain he was hired by Sakurai to bring information about our reactions etc. They're probably doing the same thing this time.

Even if he's stopped reading Miiverse comments, he seems to see tweets at least (i.e. the Palutena leak trolling).

I also wonder: Hypothetically, if Palutena was only planned to be, say, an assist trophy/Pit's FS until Sakurai saw so many people get excited over the leak…would it be too far-fetched to think that he might decide to make her a playable character late in the development process? Assuming Smash 4 is released in August or later, that seems like plenty of time.
Nah, the demand has to be through the roof, like with Sonic, in order for such to happen. Furthermore, they're probably way too far in development, Sonic's inclusion was decided nearly a year in advance, Palutena is just not worth delaying the game to 2015 for, especially not in Nintendo's "gotta sell Wii Us" eyes.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Oh hello Mario. Didn't see you there. You sneaky little bugger.
He totally summoned Mother Brain, that evil Little plumber. And as other has said, I really hope you can stand on Mother Brain. XD

Now I just want Ridley playable, Kraid as a Boss, and Crocomire in somehow, and I'm happy.

... I love Crocomire. Watching him die was horrible. D:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Why is everyone saying this doesn't effect Ridley's chances at all?

Of course, this doesn't confirm or deny Ridley as a stage hazard, but it makes Ridley less likely to become an assist trophy. Especially if Metriod returns as an AT.

And with that, I think Ridley's chances are boosted decently.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I just fear that sakurai looks at japans demands and not as much as the west want,also love this at :)

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
We know that Nate Bihldorf, the guy who translated the Brawl Dojo and a prime Nintendo translator, was reading NeoGAF and Smashboards during the Brawl days, so I'm fairly certain he was hired by Sakurai to bring information about our reactions etc. They're probably doing the same thing this time.
Wow, I didn´t knew about that. How people found this out?

You know what is cool about this update too? The trophy collection this time around will be more universal tham brawl that have only "moderns games" trophys.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I just cleared Super Metroid 1 week ago, so this was quite a pleasant surprise.

Mother Brain's so humongous though! I love the fact that they brought in her Brain Beam attack, it looks quite devastating. Might be liking to get this as an assist, huhuh-

With all the big-wig dudes and updates, is this posing something for our favourite murderous purple dragon reptile of doom?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Alright! Momma brain assist trophy! Nice.
Does this qualify as an enemy from samuss past?
It sure does. But it IS Ridley Sakurai talked about, so this isn't THAT enemy from her past. ^^ But don't worry, Ridley has a big chance to be playable. Just have to Believe that Sakurai sees his potential to be a unique character.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
You mean the hole he made to escape?
So, wouldn't that mean that Ridley....wouldn't appear at all? Since by this point, he's being food for the Queen Metroid?

Pyrosphere bosses:
Asborean
Goyagma
Rhedogian
Vorash
Ridley

While Ridley is the only boss in the Geothermal Power Plant, the stage is simply known as "Pyrosphere".
That means any of those bosses could show up.

But then again, Sakurai has been shown to defy logic before....
Don't forget Cressilia's appearance in Spear Pillar.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
It sure does. But it IS Ridley Sakurai talked about, so this isn't THAT enemy from her past. ^^ But don't worry, Ridley has a big chance to be playable. Just have to Believe that Sakurai sees his potential to be a unique character.
Why is Ridley? You are just guessing, don´t put words on sakurai mouth...or fingers.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
He posted in the Brawl thread on NeoGAF when the game just released, asking people to not send in more pictures of "dirty" stuff. He mentions "The Screenshot That Angered Smashboards", though I'm not too sure what that'd be.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10491051&postcount=62356
I remember it like it was yesterday.

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi03.html

You had three camps: The idiots who agree with it, the idiots who took offence, and the folks that can enjoy a good laugh.

Edit - I should add that Nate did not simply translate the screenshot.

The original should translate to something like "All registered now~ ( ^ ^ ) /".

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Why is Ridley? You are just guessing, don´t put words on sakurai moth...or fingers.
... I'm not. Have you read what he said in Japanese? He said 'Samus' trauma', which is basically what Ridley is called in Japan. It can't be anything other than Ridley.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
... I'm not. Have you read what he said in Japanese? He said 'Samus' trauma', which is basically what Ridley is called in Japan. It can't be anything other than Ridley.
Didn´t knew about this fact, sorry. I really don´t know what to think about Ridley chance.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Sakurai is the biggest troll ever. I looked at the picture and thought, yay, Ridley isn't deconfirmed, and then I read the post and was like, no, Mother Brain's an Assist Trophy!

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
This Assist Trophy is AWESOME!!

But I wish he'd just hurry up and just rip the Ridley band-aid off. This AT doesn't exactly help the worry-wart.

edit: I also wish they'd get rid of the "challenger approaching" sooner, because it elicits a split-second dopamine release every time I see it :colorful:

Last edited:

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
so since Mother Brain was confirmed to be too big to be a character and had to be relegated to Assist Trophy status what does that say of Ridley's chances? (Ridley is much bigger than mother brain in the games)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I still think this is a big boon for Ridley's playable chances.

Sakurai is obviously intentionally teasing us - he must be aware of the discussion this pic would stir up given the previous "enemy from Samus' past" comment.

The only way I'm wrong is if Sakurai enjoys our tears.
And then he'll reveal Diddy/(Dixie) to get you guys distracted from Ridley. :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
so since Mother Brain was confirmed to be too big to be a character and had to be relegated to Assist Trophy status what does that say of Ridley's chances? (Ridley is much bigger than mother brain in the games)
Well, it may have increased his chances as something more. Since we have a Metroid assist now, there's no use for two.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I like this update. Now if they create a boss version, that would be even better. If the Rinka protect Mother Brain, that gives her a lot of coverage.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Assist trophies should remain as characters without 4 limbs.
Otherwise we will fantasize about what could have been if they were playable.
Glad that Mother Brain is an assist trophy instead of a stage hazard.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Actually , Mother Brain was made larger than in Super Metroid , so this means nothing as to why she isn't playable , that size is not what deconfirmed her .

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's a great day to be a Ridley supporter!
Sure, Mother Brain is an assist, but she's not a stage hazard or a playable character, two things that would drastically effect Ridley's chances.
But today's picture has given me faith that our beloved purple dragon is coming, and that it won't be as a stage hazard.
I'm really feeling that Pyrosphere's only hazard will be the lava.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's a great day to be a Ridley supporter!
Sure, Mother Brain is an assist, not a stage hazard or a playable character, two things that would drastically effect Ridley's chances.
But today's picture has given me faith that our beloved purple dragon is coming, and that it won't be as a stage hazard.
I'm really feeling that Pyrosphere's only hazard will be the lava.
...And the magma monster...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, out of curiosity...
Where did all the cracks and holes go?
There seems to be significantly less of them, although I do see one towards the bottom of the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom