• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before it's not that hard to come up with a simple solution.

Every controller port corresponds to a color.

P1 = Red

P2 = Blue

P3 = Yellow

P4 = Green

Whatever palette swap you choose doesn't matter if you pick this stage. The game will override your color choice and slap on your controller ports color to your character's accent colors. Remember the game already does this when you enter your name for the triangle icon above your head. And when you don't enter a name the game has your player number in the same corresponding controller port color floating above your head.

So if you played a match with four DK's then you'd have a red tie, a blue tie, a yellow tie, and a green tie.

edit: And the game would do exactly what it does if you pick the same two characters for a team battle.
This Idea is great until you want to change colors...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
This Idea is great until you want to change colors...
From what I gather the guy's been basically saying that palette swaps wouldn't matter. Either him or someone else said something like, if you want to play with palette swaps, don't pick this stage...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see what's wrong with just letting them have the color they pick.

It's not like you won't be able to tell the difference between a red samus and a red DK

Also, if they pick the same character and color, then do what the game does and make the second character picked a slightly different shade

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Alright get this.

RED TEAM - red highlights

BLUE TEAM - blue highlights

GREEN TEAM - green highlights

I thought about this long and hard overnight and after hours of deliberation came up with a complex solution that just may work

Staarih

Smash Master
I hope we get a bit more Lucario this upcoming week before the inevitable Diddy reveal. Maybe a bit more stuff on his aura buff, perhaps even his Final Smash or a glimpse of Mega Lucario if its going to be tied in somehow. A DK stage would be cool too, so it could be used later with Diddy-photos.

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what's wrong with just letting them have the color they pick.

It's not like you won't be able to tell the difference between a red samus and a red DK

Also, if they pick the same character and color, then do what the game does and make the second character picked a slightly different shade
This was my initial proposal. I could easily play as red DK and not get confused against another "red" DK. But I realize that not everyone is like me so the controller port solution is much easier and simpler. Either way it's possible to have this stage in the game. I would be surprised if it's not considering we've gotten a Galaxy stage that actually changes the way characters look to fit the style or Mario Galaxy.

Alright get this.

RED TEAM - red highlights

BLUE TEAM - blue highlights

GREEN TEAM - green highlights

I thought about this long and hard overnight and after hours of deliberation came up with a complex solution that just may work
Dude. You're like. Late.
And before you ask, team battles would simply overide the accent color to match whatever team you chose. Red, Blue, or Green.
Let's hope this is what we get on the 13th! Could be cool!

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Still no direct. I expect one later this month...maybe the last week of february. Sounds like a perfect time for a newcomer reveal.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I dunno, we might get one the 12th since the day after is the release date of the only big Nintendo game all the way through May.
But I lost hope anyhow, and I'm starting to lose interest to be honest.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I dunno, we might get one the 12th since the day after is the release date of the only big Nintendo game all the way through May.
I think the only thing that might catch my interest back now are more details on the story mode or Ridley.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope tomorrow we get some more info on how characters have changed or a new stage.

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo has a problem with releasing steady info about their games. They really like to hold all their cards as closest to their chest as they can. Other companies are much better at demoing their game for the public. Nintendo doesn't have to show off every nook and cranny of Smash U, but why they wouldn't release a steady steam of videos is perplexing. People only get so excited for screens (and usually ones that are released contain little, if any important or interesting information). Being a Nintendo fan can be really frustrating. The only company that has a similar fanbase of masochists is probably Rockstar.

Mario Kart Wii U ... it's coming out in May and we know less about that game than Smash Bros. Between now, E3, and the December trailer there hasn't been any media IIRC.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What's going on with the OP?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry about the post owner change incident people, but the SmashBoards administrators are doing their best to fix up the problem. Until the matter is resolved, please be patient.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
From what I gather the guy's been basically saying that palette swaps wouldn't matter. Either him or someone else said something like, if you want to play with palette swaps, don't pick this stage...
I mean what if player 3 wants red? He has to swap controllers with P1.

Add: It would be nice to get some more gameplay footage of Smash, and a release day for Mario Kart 8... really hoping for both if those in the next direct

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think I've managed to fix up the problem myself. It seemed that I had to temporarily move some posts onto a new thread, and then move them back to their original thread location.

Dott

Smash Ace
Still no direct. I expect one later this month...maybe the last week of february. Sounds like a perfect time for a newcomer reveal.

I predict Dr. Mario will be revealed this week.

Or Lucas will be confirmed.

Last edited:

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Hoping for something related to alternate costumes tomorrow.
Expect to see Lucario.

I have a strange feeling that Petey Piranha will make an appearance soon... Something I can't explain!! o-o

Shroob

Sup?
I think this week's a Diddy week.... I also don't think we'll get a Nintendo Direct this month.... It'd make a Yoshi reveal in March more likely.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I predict that there will be multiple screenshots of Rosalina + Luma in a Tropical Freeze based stage, hinting the possible Dixie + Diddy duo as we get closer to the TF release.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Man the lack of Nintendo news is making me feel like this.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
What I think we will get this week (In no specific order):
One of Rosalina's attacks
Diddy Kong
Another pic of Diddy

The rest will be crap.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I dunno guys, we got an interesting week before Lucario's reveal, so I'm hoping we get some cool pictures before the inevitable Diddy Kong reveal.

All I want is to see that Wii U Kid Icarus stage again.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
I want a picture with Fox. it's been a long time since there was a picture with something new about Fox.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pic of the day " We have removed the tripping mechanic in this game. But since we wanted to add more realism to the game we added the bathroom mechanic. Now characters will randomly need to use the bathroom. When that happens you will lose control of the character. They will run in the opposite direction while doing a crazy dance (look at the sweat coming off of the brow) until they fall off of the stage and die. When they die the death sound is now a toilet flushing" :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom