• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
As much as the stage would be epic....

....did anyone stop to think about how palettes would work on a stage like that?
change the colour of the non black parts like DK's tie and Diddy's hat. I just don't know how multiple Mr. G&W's would work on the stage.

D

Deleted member

Let's take DK and Diddy for example.
If they have the same palettes as in Brawl...
Diddy needs no worry, since his hat and shirt change color.
But DK? He's got three palettes with red ties. (Two if the white palette is given a blue tie to match Super Kong, but then he'd have two palettes with blue ties.) How does that work?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But DK? He's got three palettes with red ties. (Two if the white palette is given a blue tie to match Super Kong, but then he'd have two palettes with blue ties.) How does that work?
SSB4 could just use different palette swaps

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Make it so that, on Sunset Shore, rather than using the actual color of the tie, he uses the overall color he's supposed to be. For example, green palette DK gets a green highlighted tie even though it's red normally.
I thought about this problem first with Kirby, since his feet are brown in the green palette swap.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The characters could have a colored outline.

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how palette swaps are a problem. If you really care about your character's colors then you wouldn't play on a silhouette stage. Pretty simple. DK's tie would remain the color it's supposed to be. If that means that DK will look similar for 3 of his alt colors then so be it. And before you ask, team battles would simply overide the accent color to match whatever team you chose. Red, Blue, or Green.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Something did accrue to me

This was before the E3 trailer in 2013 but marth luigi a pikmin ZZS mr game and watch meta knight and wario are all in.

3 of the 7 got confirmed including the other guys

So woulden't this help the other 4 significantly plus master hand and mr Saturn and the heart container

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

This was before the E3 trailer in 2013 but marth luigi a pikmin ZZS mr game and watch meta knight and wario are all in.

So woulden't this help the other 4 significantly plus master hand and mr Saturn and the heart do trainerdo trainer
I actually just noticed Master Hand is in that picture.:crazy:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246

So woulden't this help the other 4 significantly plus master hand and mr Saturn and the heart container
Yeah, I don't think any of those people were in any sort of risk to begin with though. Except I guess maybe ZSS, in the minds of people who think she shouldn't have been in at all or something.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia

Soo, Sandbag confirmed as a playable character?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Yeah, I don't think any of those people were in any sort of risk to begin with though. Except I guess maybe ZSS, in the minds of people who think she shouldn't have been in at all or something.
Aside from feminazis, are there people who don't like ZSS?

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I like Zero Suit Samus but I want her in her own character slot. I don't like being forced to switch after a final smash.
I think having ZSS on a different character slot than Samus is as ridiculous as having Dr. Mario and Mario...they're the same person and I personally love being able to play as both of them, plus the Zero Laser needs some kind of negative effect (If you can call it that :/) because it's goddamn OP (And it should stay that way)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Aside from feminazis, are there people who don't like ZSS?
I don't know how common it is, apparently not much, but I personally know more people who dislike ZSS than people who would care if she were removed. That's just my experience though.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I don't know how common it is, apparently not much, but I personally know more people who dislike ZSS than people who would care if she were removed. That's just my experience though.
I don't see why anyone would dislike her...yes, the SSE gives some buttshots of her, but aside from that, she's still portrayed as the strong space warrior we all know and love, just 10X sexier.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't see why anyone would dislike her...yes, the SSE gives some buttshots of her, but aside from that, she's still portrayed as the strong space warrior we all know and love, just 10X sexier.
I honestly don't know, it's probably just that people don't like her being forced upon them if they use Samus' FS (for people who use them at all of course) and/or they just were annoyed that the second Metroid rep was just the first Metroid Rep. Of all the people I've known no one ever complained about her being overly sexy actually.

D

Deleted member

Make it so that, on Sunset Shore, rather than using the actual color of the tie, he uses the overall color he's supposed to be. For example, green palette DK gets a green highlighted tie even though it's red normally.
I thought about this problem first with Kirby, since his feet are brown in the green palette swap.
Ok, then what about default DK vs. Red DK? Would default DK be given a brown tie in that case?

Ok, then what about default DK vs. Red DK? Would default DK be given a brown tie in that case?
Make Red tie DK the red team DK, give the Blue team DK a blue tie. Whatever item is supposed to stand out will be the item that shows color. I know some people with miss their favorite pallet, but keep it simple

A bigger question is what if two players join a team battle with the same character? Two blue tie wearing DK shadows on screen. ...and, you know, Kirby. What is going to stand out on him? His shoes? His eyes?

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Make Red tie DK the red team DK, give the Blue team DK a blue tie. Whatever item is supposed to stand out will be the item that shows color. I know some people with miss their favorite pallet, but keep it simple

A bigger question is what if two players join a team battle with the same character? Two blue tie wearing DK shadows on screen. ...and, you know, Kirby. What is going to stand out on him? His shoes? His eyes?
I was thinking his rosy cheeks, subtle yet noticeable. But his shoes seem more likely, as he probably looks like a dark blob without them highlighted.
(and jigglypuff's eyes would be creepy in that level)

Last edited:

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943

It could be the same as normal. The other team members' colors would be slightly lighter or darker.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

Shoes, easy.
Jigglypuff presents more of a situation, although it could easily be the swirl on her forehead.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know, it's probably just that people don't like her being forced upon them if they use Samus' FS (for people who use them at all of course) and/or they just were annoyed that the second Metroid rep was just the first Metroid Rep. Of all the people I've known no one ever complained about her being overly sexy actually.
That's just as bad for ZSS players who are forced to use the Power Suit if they get a smash ball. I just don't like the whole switching forms with final smashes thing. I'd like if ZSS got her own slot this game like someone said before. To me it's kind of shocking anyone would dislike ZSS. I just don't see a legitimate reason. I don't see why she'd be at risk of getting cut, either. If Toon Link and Lucario are in, I don't know who would get cut.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Pikachu = Cheeks
Jigglypuff = Eyes
Squirtle = Shell
Ivysaur = Bud
Charizard = Tail Flame (I will play with a Green flame, hehe)
Lucario = all his Blue areas
Mewtwo = Hmm. His tail, as in, his darker Purple area

Mario = Hat
Luigi = Hat
Bowser = Hair
Peach = her whole Dress, big colores area, but variation is good
Rosalina = Dress and Luma

Mr. Game & Watch = simply his White/gray outlines he Always has.

Kirby = Shoes/Feet
MetaKnight = Mask
Dedede = Mallet

And so on. ^^ I REALLY love that DK stage, and that Picture that wonderful person made looks soo good. Seriously.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
There are so many great stage potentials. Too many. I would like to see City Escape or Krasnogorje as 3rd party stages. But we already have Windy Hill Zone as a Sonic stage. Considering SA2 didn't appear on a handheld.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

No Yoshi? Yep, Yoshi deconfirmed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're all expecting some Donkey Kong stuff this week but what's coming tomorrow?

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I consider the transformation from the Final Smasha little bit of 'character interaction' or 'development' or some sort, since it reminds me of the first Brawl trailer, so I'm OK with changing.

And yes, no Ridley bothers everyone with a brain, but let's just hope Sakurai fixes it with SSB4

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

This was old news. Besides, there's no way any of those characters would be cut.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before it's not that hard to come up with a simple solution.

Every controller port corresponds to a color.

P1 = Red

P2 = Blue

P3 = Yellow

P4 = Green

Whatever palette swap you choose doesn't matter if you pick this stage. The game will override your color choice and slap on your controller ports color to your character's accent colors. Remember the game already does this when you enter your name for the triangle icon above your head. And when you don't enter a name the game has your player number in the same corresponding controller port color floating above your head.

So if you played a match with four DK's then you'd have a red tie, a blue tie, a yellow tie, and a green tie.

edit: And the game would do exactly what it does if you pick the same two characters for a team battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom