• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Not overly excited to see Lucario return, but happy to have a Pokemon related update after so long!

His picture with Dedede doesn't look like tripping or crawling at all to me.

I think it's just a more expressive/exaggerated remake of his ledge waiting (or OttottoWait) animation from Brawl:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Oh wow did not expect to see Lucario this morning, had to do a double take. I was a Mewtwo supporter over Lucario, not sure if this lowers his chances or not, but I'm excited to see the changes to Lucario and he does look great.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I doubt this says much if anything about Mewtwo's chances. Lucario wasn't in over Mewtwo in the first place, they just happened to finish him before they did Mewtwo and then couldn't get him in due to time constraints, so if Sakurai wanted to put Mewtwo back in this time around, Lucario has no influence on that in my opinion.

My actual least favorite thing that confirms is that Yellow Devil is almost beyond a single shadow of a doubt a stage hazard.

Or reason is all wrong and Boss Battles can have 3 characters now.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Honestly I'm pretty good with that. Seeing the veterans in HD is enough to keep me excited.
I'd like to see more of a change to some of the existing veterans similarly to Pit and Bowser, but we still have, what, twenty-one more possible veteran announcements left; nineteen if you are only counting Brawl?

All I know is I don't want to see twelve newcomers revealed before the game is even released again. Save some surprises for launch. Thankfully, we haven't seen that many considering Brawl revealed five new characters right off the bat, and in seven months only four have been revealed for Sm4sh.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'd like to see more of a change to some of the existing veterans similarly to Pit and Bowser, but we still have, what, twenty-one more possible veteran announcements left; nineteen if you are only counting Brawl?

All I know is I don't want to see twelve newcomers revealed before the game is even released again. Save some surprises for launch. Thankfully, we haven't seen that many considering Brawl revealed five new characters right off the bat, and in seven months only four have been revealed for Sm4sh.
Yeah, even if we get a character per major Direct, that's about one every other month which would give us what? Like 6 more if the game launches in the holidays?

That's not too bad, and honestly I doubt that's the way they're even going with it. Definitely agree that more veterans should be getting Pit/Bowser like changes, so fingers crossed.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
For the people claiming this means all the speculated cut characters are safe- remember that people though Game and Watch and the Ice Climbers would get cut from Melee to Brawl, but definitely not Mewtwo/etc. It just depends how development goes or how they feel about characters.

Also remember how Sakurai mentioned when making Melee that he was going to add Dedede, but he thought the roster was too small so instead he made the 6 clones? Basically showing how long one original character takes to create. Remember how Sonic was added late into Brawl with some thinking he is why they had to delay it a bit? That is one original character. Then we also have the 'forbidden seven' (or six if you don't believe the plusle/minun theory.)
  • Roy-clone of Marth
  • Mewtwo-Semi clone of Lucario maybe?
  • Dr. Mario-clone of Mario
  • Dixie Kong-clone of Diddy/part of Diddy's roster spot/etc.
  • Toon Zelda/Sheik/Tetra-semi clone of Zelda
  • Plusle/Minun- Ice climbers with electric based attacks instead of ice? Maybe based off of Pichu from Melee.
So what if Brawl did the opposite of what Melee did in order to put sonic in the game late in development? It seems funny how the numbers match up especially if you don't believe in the Plusle/Minun theory. Then again this is just pure speculation and probably I am the farthest thing from what actually happened. All we know is Sakurai doesn't like cuts and knows they are hard for the fans.

6:1 ratio source

D

Deleted member

This is every Mewtwo wanter on Miiverse's reaction to Lucario's confirmation:

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No. That's the reaction of the borderline degenerate Smash communities who want Mewtwo, like Miiverse. Go back and read this thread's reaction to Lucario and you barely see any moaning about Mewtwo, because we know better than to pretend there's some false choice between the two.

D

Deleted member

No. That's the reaction of the borderline degenerate Smash communities who want Mewtwo, like Miiverse. Go back and read this thread's reaction to Lucario and you barely see any moaning about Mewtwo, because we know better than to pretend there's some false choice between the two.
Well then, fixed the post.

D

Deleted member

Prior to Lucario's reveal, majority felt that Brawl's Pokémon + Mewtwo is the way to go.
Now, when Lucario's shown to be staying, people are going off about Mewtwo not having a chance?

Am I missing something here?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Yes, a lobotomy.

People tend to be negative first, because thats what gets attention. Instead of saying "I cant wait to see Mewtwo" they will jump to what they wanted instead of what is realistic.

Im happy that Sakurai is somewhat ignorant of people such as this.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Yes, a lobotomy.

People tend to be negative first, because thats what gets attention. Instead of saying "I cant wait to see Mewtwo" they will jump to what they wanted instead of what is realistic.

Im happy that Sakurai is somewhat ignorant of people such as this.
I don't think he's ignorant, I think he's just wise like the statement you made.

That being said, I'm saying a little poke-prayer for mewtwo. Besides shiek he was the most exciting addition in melee for me.

Morbi

Scavenger
Prior to Lucario's reveal, majority felt that Brawl's Pokémon + Mewtwo is the way to go.
Now, when Lucario's shown to be staying, people are going off about Mewtwo not having a chance?

They are? What? Really?

I don't understand, it is literally as you stated. Everyone thought that the Pokemon roster would look like Brawl's, but with Mewtwo added. I mean, Mewtwo is the only rational character to assert as "shoe-in," but people doubt him? We have had 5 or 6 years to prove that Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo, you would think that it would be common knowledge at the current time.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yeah the amount of angry mewtwo fans ive seen today is staggering, and for all they know their fuss might be over nothing.

I mean didnt sakurai even make mention to mega mewtwo during the pokemon event at e3, when he said or rather shouted something like "well think about it". At least hes acknowledged him, which is more than many can say for other characters.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Yeah the amount of angry mewtwo fans ive seen today is staggering, and for all they know their fuss might be over nothing.

I mean didnt sakurai even make mention to mega mewtwo during the pokemon event at e3, when he said or rather shouted something like "well think about it". At least hes acknowledged him, which is more than many can say for other characters.
It was my buddy that asked the corporate panel if mewtwo would be in smash:laugh:

Sakurai said exactly that in the audience, "we are thinking about it

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"The fact Lucario replacing Mewtwo in Brawl."

"I have the weirdest boner right now" ?

What does that mean?

-----

Sakurai planned to put Mewtwo and Lucario in Brawl together, as evidenced by the fighter files.

I'm sure he'll try not to leave one out this time.
I'd say Mewtwo has around a 80-90% chance of making it in. Then again, you could say he had that chance in Brawl.

-----

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger

That is correct.

1. He acknowledged the plausibility of the character, something he rarely does.
2. Mewtwo is the only character not in every game that was considered for every game, this includes Smash 64 and Smash 4, as noted above.
3. Mewtwo's data was almost finished in Brawl, hence the two characters can thoroughly co-exist. In fact, they were intended to co-exist.
4. Mewtwo is arguably the most important Pokemon, from a marketing stand-point, for Pokemon X and Y.
5. Mewtwo is the most requested newcomer/returning veteran. Both I suppose, as he is the most requested in general.
6. Mewtwo follows the criteria that Sakurai is referencing, especially the notion that Pokemon Company is making him relevant again.
7. Mewtwo is one of the most popular Pokemon, behind only Charizard.
8. Mewtwo was in the latest Pokemon movie. This is huge for a Pokemon to gain the necessary exposure.
9. Mewtwo doesn't even need the exposure, as Sakurai already alluded to considering all Smash veterans, this includes Mewtwo as he was a popular character in Melee.
10. There are no other Pokemon that can even compete with Mewtwo's prominence, prevalence, and inherent iconic nature.

Negatives against Mewtwo?
1. That fallacious perspective that Lucario replaced Mewtwo, the one that has been thoroughly refuted countless time by direct evidence.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"I have the weirdest boner right now" ?

What does that mean?

-----

Sakurai planned to put Mewtwo and Lucario in Brawl together, as evidenced by the fighter files.

I'm sure he'll try not to leave one out this time.
I'd say Mewtwo has around a 80-90% chance of making it in. Then again, you could say he had that chance in Brawl.

-----
That's what the GIF is called? I just chose the one from my collection that most closely matched my facial expression reading the years-old lie that Lucario replaced Mewtwo.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
That's what the GIF is called? I just chose the one from my collection that most closely matched my facial expression reading the years-old lie that Lucario replaced Mewtwo.
Er, no...I'm not sure, uh, I mean that I didn't know what that GIF was supposed to mean, and the closest thing I could think of was "I have the weirdest boner right now", so I made a guess.

Oh, and crashboards acted up again.

-----

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now we wait for Ike to show up and put a full stop on the "irrelevant" bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom