• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm kind of surprised with people's reactions to Lucario. The majority of people around the various forums I lurk seem to be at least one of the following:

1. Afraid that his confirmation suggests that Mewtwo isn't coming back.
2. Upset because "he's not relevant" or "he's boring"
3. Confused because they were sure he was going to be cut.
4. Annoyed because they wanted to see someone else.

All and all, people seem to be reacting to this even more negatively than Toon Link's reveal...

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
Well I feel like this probably rules out all chances of Zoroark (although you never know with Sakurai), but I ain't even mad.

Welcome back Lucario! :088:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Btw, that pic of the Yellow Devil, anyone notice how MegaMan looks sorta odd? I mean, he has a facial expression, and seems to be doing his Neutral Air move (shooting), but without his hands turning into whatchacallit, armcannon. So, anyone know what he's up to?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Btw, that pic of the Yellow Devil, anyone notice how MegaMan looks sorta odd? I mean, he has a facial expression, and seems to be doing his Neutral Air move (shooting), but without his hands turning into whatchacallit, armcannon. So, anyone know what he's up to?
Probably mid-animation in changing into his arm cannon.

Brian Merritt

Smash Rookie
I main DeDeDe and my best friend mains Lucario, so this was a good month for us. Obviously I sent him that pic of DeDeDe about to throttle Lucario.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Welp, someone else did it for me.
But yeah, it definitely isn't as useless as some people think. In fact its kinda broken than anything.
EDIT: In team play, the strength of Lucario's aura is based on the amount of stocks it has compared to all of the other players, including its teammates. The aura grows stronger when Lucario has less stocks than everyone else, and weaker when it has more. A Lucario can be at very high power if it has only one stock remaining but its teammate has three. The stock count and high damage can combine to provide maximum power to Lucario's aura. This phenomenon is known as the Anubis combo. In doubles matches where the Anubis combo is exploited, the Lucario is usually the aggressor, dealing high amounts of damage and knockback as the aura grows stronger after losing stocks, while the other player camps and avoids combat, holding onto their stocks for as long as possible.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Lucario_(SSBB)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well I sure got a GREAT birthday present from Sakurai!!
What now haters???

LUCARIO SSB4.png

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@Wariofan
Possible, but it seems odd he's make that facial expression only right Before his arm cannon Changes. Though, that may simply have been a recent change, since we've seen many things change in the pics already. ^^

Also really loving Lucario's colors. I like Brawl's look, but this game just looks better. I especially love the brightness of Pikachu's yellow.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly, the pic with Dedede and Lucario looks more like a crawling animation than a tripping animation. It would be pretty hilarious like the big bad Bowser with his crawling. :troll:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Odd, no Pikachu in any of Lucario's Pictures.

Also, there will totally be a Event Match called 'The Blue "Man" Group', vs Lucario, MegaMan, Falco and Sonic~

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Did anyone notice this?

No more aura in all the attacks! :D
Yes! Lucario will be a fighting type an not a ghost or psyquic type XD
I really hated that stupid blue smoke everywhere.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't mind if Sakurai didn't reveal another new character until launch and only decided to keep dripping the veteran reveals. This way, we have the opposite of Brawl where most of the "secret characters" were veterans or perceived underwhelming additions.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't mind if Sakurai didn't reveal another new character until launch and only decided to keep dripping the veteran reveals. This way, we have the opposite of Brawl where most of the "secret characters" were veterans or perceived underwhelming additions.
Honestly I'm pretty good with that. Seeing the veterans in HD is enough to keep me excited.

Now about Lucario specifically... That aura looks real nice in HD. Maybe I'm just seeing it through hype goggles but it's purty. Nice to see his Aura-mechanic get a buff too, though I hope it raises his strength at low percentages instead of just raising his maximum power.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
Totally agreed.

Also YAY! It's always nice to see my brawl main coming back! Let's see how he does on this one.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'd like if Lucario's Aura didn't reward you for not playing well.

It would also get rid of "strategies" such as purposely losing stock to become stronger.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Man, Sakurai needs to reveal Ridley so all this cracks and holes obsession paranoia can stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom