• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That's a funny way to say :lucas: or :wolf:
Wasn't aware that the "irrelevant" argument was the same as the "clone" argument. (Yes, I am aware the two are semi-clones, but it's that argument that's used on them, not the irrelevancy one; that argument is for Lucario and Ike, who people would claim would be replaced with Zoroark/6th Gen and Chrom.)

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
The only thing I hope is that Extreme Speed does some damage without making huge knockback or it travels a bit more of distance.
Other than that he was pretty decent.

Lol sorry BluePikmin, Chrom isn't replacing Ike.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
At this point in the game, I just can't imagine anyone replacing anyone. With Sakurai showing such disinterest in cutting characters along with the evidence we do have, it is pretty clear he goes into every game with all veterans planned to be in. If someone is cut it will be due to time restraints and we might end up getting them as DLC anyway.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That is correct.

1. He acknowledged the plausibility of the character, something he rarely does.
2. Mewtwo is the only character not in every game that was considered for every game, this includes Smash 64 and Smash 4, as noted above.
3. Mewtwo's data was almost finished in Brawl, hence the two characters can thoroughly co-exist. In fact, they were intended to co-exist.
4. Mewtwo is arguably the most important Pokemon, from a marketing stand-point, for Pokemon X and Y.
5. Mewtwo is the most requested newcomer/returning veteran. Both I suppose, as he is the most requested in general.
6. Mewtwo follows the criteria that Sakurai is referencing, especially the notion that Pokemon Company is making him relevant again.
7. Mewtwo is one of the most popular Pokemon, behind only Charizard.
8. Mewtwo was in the latest Pokemon movie. This is huge for a Pokemon to gain the necessary exposure.
9. Mewtwo doesn't even need the exposure, as Sakurai already alluded to considering all Smash veterans, this includes Mewtwo as he was a popular character in Melee.
10. There are no other Pokemon that can even compete with Mewtwo's prominence, prevalence, and inherent iconic nature.

Negatives against Mewtwo?
1. That fallacious perspective that Lucario replaced Mewtwo, the one that has been thoroughly refuted countless time by direct evidence.

oh and by the way spreading this to threads

you guys are going to be not amused at sakurai lucario was not revealed randomly because not to long ago I just remember today is the 6th anniversary of super smash brothers brawl and he does talk about brawl in the quote

so lucario was revealed for the super smash brothers brawl anniversary

(in other words he revealed something for brawl anniversary but not 64 anniversary WHY SAKURAI WHY)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Also, is anyone still believing that we're not seeing unlockable characters anymore?
I don't.

So Lucario's revealed and er... This doesn't really make me that giddy since I'm not huge on Pokemon (Even after X and Y... dundundundawn).... but wait, so what happens to Mewtwo? Sorry if this comes off as stupid but ya know, just asking.
Nothing.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I do like him alot, just not my style. I wouldn't mind if he was cut though if I had to be honest, but I think he's coming back due to his big popular reception in Brawl.
He was a unique character, he just needs a few tweaks to be viable.

I for one think he'll be announced in the coming months before Chrom is revealed along with some smtxfe info

Kef

Smash Apprentice
It is important to note that these kids complaining are the same kids that were drooling of the possibility of Lucario being playable after Brawl's announcement. I don't think there was a pokemon with more support here in smashboards and on the old Nsider forums.

Of course, when Mewtwo is cut and people start missing him, they blame Lucario for his exclusion because of his balls. Makes total sense.

BTW, if Mewtwo IS included and has some sort of Mega-Evolution mechanic, these kids will rise again to complain that Lucario doesn't have one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I grew up with Generation 1, but design-wise my favorite Generation is still the 3rd one really. I will say that the Gen 1 Pokés seem to fit Smash more though, I dunno, I guess they're more iconic than the rest.

D

Deleted member

Two reasons why Gen II is great:

Two of my favs. Also the Gen I started with.

EDIT: Though this has nothing to do with Miiverse Daily pics, so the subject should be dropped.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Quit hating on the first 1 gen

Gen 1 haters are just as bad as whatever nickname you gave gen 1 lovers.

That being said, Gen 2 is the best. And even though I grew up with gen 1 and don't really care for 4-5. X is what brought me back. Lucario is my favorite smash pokemon, then pikachu.

I liked mew better when i was a kid. yeah that's right. and didn't care for charizard until dat X form.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

That being said, Gen 2 is the best. And even though I grew up with gen 1 and don't really care for 4-5. X is what brought me back. Lucario is my favorite smash pokemon, then pikachu.

I liked mew better when i was a kid. yeah that's right. and didn't care for charizard until dat X form.
Ha! Again! Jiggs all the way!

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
I've never cared much for Lucario, but I'm glad to see he's not cut because he was a unique character and his spiffy new model looks great. I was hoping to get a 6th gen rep though, and if Mewtwo, Jiggs, PT all get in which I can't imagine they wouldn't, I can't really see Pokemon getting a sixth rep, but anything is possible. Maybe PT will have Kalos starters, which could be interesting since they would be a lot different from the Kanto ones, though I think there would be an outrage if (boring and overrated) Charizard wasn't playable anymore. Jiggs could also have an updated moveset to include fairy-type moves, which could be really fun (and adorable!)

Oh well, at least we know 6th gen is represented with pokeball pokemon, assuming that's where Xerneas came from. I hope most of the pokeball pokemon are from the 5th and 6th gens, so many great pokemon from them that deserve an appearance in Smash.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Okay, so next week we'll get at least 2 Lucario pics and the week after we're probably getting Diddy Kong.
Also, looks like we'll be getting two characters a month, since the release date is nearing.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
My favourite gens in order from greates to meh : gen1 > gen 2 > gen 6 > gen 5 > gen 3 > gen 4
Gen 3 just had too much water :o
Funny because I think that's what I made gen 3 for me. It was just so vastly different from all the other land driven games. Plus, it fit that generation because the whole point of that generation was land vs water.
Two reasons why Gen II is great:

Two of my favs. Also the Gen I started with.

EDIT: Though this has nothing to do with Miiverse Daily pics, so the subject should be dropped.
*AHEM* I'll raise you a starter and a legendary.

Anyways, as much as I love Lucario, I'm already hyped up for the next big reveal. I'd really like to see more of the Palutena stage as well as some insight on final smashes of which we've only seen 1.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

This, pretty much.

I only ever played the first, third, and sixth gens, and the sixth is by far my favorite. I won't lie, the first gen holds the majority of my favorite Pokemon (and I like Kanto the best), but those Pokemon are in each later gen too so what does it matter? Gen six brought my new favorite Pokemon too (dat Goodra), but there are still Pokemon from the other gens that I like. My favorite Pokemon in Smash was Mewtwo, but I don't really like the Pokemon in Smash that much in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom