• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if the rate of 2 characters per month happen it's likely we know the starting roster by e3

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Something tells me that the characters being revealed when a game releases is not just Sakurai's decision alone.
True hm... welp there's only 2 games coming out next month.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. (Yes I know it's PS3 only but it originated on Nintendo)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. (Yes I know it's PS3 only but it originated on Nintendo)
So, basically, there's only Tropical Freeze to look at when it comes to character reveals.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, think of it this way, only 48 hours til we get a new one... And once this week's done, :diddy:
Watch us be hyping up Diddy like we were hyping up PT for X&Y's reveal. I'll laugh, and then be sad because what the hell, hahaha.

Still though, it's a pretty safe bet. Yep.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
So, basically, there's only Tropical Freeze to look at when it comes to character reveals.
I mean DK's game releases 4 days before symphonia. So I dunno how'd they release 2 characters that close to each other.

Idk man 15th Anniversary of Smash. 10th Anniversary of Tales. Cmon Sakurai give us the Lloyd.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm pretty much assuming either Feb. or March'll get a newcomer. I think it just depends on which month gets the worldwide direct, because they wouldn't reveal a newcomer unless it was a big one.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice

What about yoshi's new island...it's possibly a crappy game since they put 'new' in the title, but It will at least get us a yoshi reveal.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Well, that only has a US release date for March. It doesn't come out in Japan til summer.
Oh, damn, I thought Japan was getting it in march as well.

That means after February we are out of obvious reveal dates. Well that's going to be fun! We'll keep getting somewhat cool pics and every now and then we'll be hit with a random reveal of a character out of the blue! Sounds like the reveals are going to be more surprising!

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, damn, I thought Japan was getting it in march as well.

That means after February we are out of obvious reveal dates. Well that's going to be fun! We'll keep getting somewhat cool pics and every now and then we'll be hit with a random reveal of a character out of the blue! Sounds like the reveals are going to be more surprising!
That's why I want :diddy: out of the way. Sure, guys like Wario, Yoshi and C.Falcon are givens, but we have a 99% sure guess as to when Diddy comes out, unlike them. Once the obvious things are done, all that's left is complete randomness.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Pretty sure if Diddy is in a Nintendo Direct then he will be a duo with Dixie Kong's reveal. Or maybe we'll just get Lloyd Irving for Feb's Nintendo Direct and they'll do something random with Diddy and Dixie reveal. ^^;

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
">Rosalina
>Lucario
>Dixie Kong or some other §hit character will be revealed for Tropical Freeze
"

He has a point. Dixie Kong is §hit. (compared to characters like K.Rool)

-----

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Pretty sure if Diddy is in a Nintendo Direct then he will be a duo with Dixie Kong's reveal. Or maybe we'll just get Lloyd Irving for Feb's Nintendo Direct and they'll do something random with Diddy and Dixie reveal. ^^;
Well aren't you optimistic

GenericName

Smash Apprentice
Dont understand all the want for dixie kong or K.Rool

Dixie would most likely be a semi clone which is lame, and it seems like there are more worthy villains than this K. Rool guy.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'll much rather have Mewtwo back than Lucario. But I really don't see how people (especially this many people) logically can Think that this confirmed that there's no Mewtwo. I mean, really? :s

Hell, some even say that Lucario replaced Yoshi. *dies*

GenericName

Smash Apprentice
Dont understand all the want for mewtwo either. His moveset was crap in melee.

Lucario is a much more fleshed out character. His only real problem is the aura crap. But I suppose Sakurai's reasoning behind it is to reward the Lucario player who can survive higher percents, with a damage boost.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Dont understand all the want for mewtwo either. His moveset was crap in melee.

Lucario is a much more fleshed out character. His only real problem is the aura crap. But I suppose Sakurai's reasoning behind it is to reward the Lucario player who can survive higher percents, with a damage boost.
Well, for most/many, it's not about how good he was. Just the idea of playing as him is a big deal. And not everyone thought his moveset in Melee was bad (only bad thing imo, is his overuse of similar tail swipes). And that Confusion and Disable didn't work well.

I like Lucario, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Mewtwo. Either way, I'm not worried, I am sure Mewtwo will be here.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

What is everyone problem everyone still thought lucario was getting kicked even after pokemon x and y

And those idiots also think mewtwos chances are toast OMG how many times do we have to tell you people from all evidence before lucario mewtwo is like 95% percent likely to come back and when lucario got confirmed.
Now mewtwo percent chance of getting in is now 97%

And to explain the additional 2% that would be this

That was from the magazine with the pokemon x and y annoucment

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I know virtually nothing about Tiki, but I assume that would also be fine.
She is a manakete with the ability to turn into a dragon, and she also has access to the Mage class. She's appeared in as many games as Marth and has a large role in all her appearances (unlike Anna, who has appeared in practically every game, but who has only had one playable appearance). The only problem for her is that Fire Emblem has tons of competition. That said, if Sakurai is looking for uniqueness this time around, Tiki's even better than Robin.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
She is a manakete with the ability to turn into a dragon, and she also has access to the Mage class. She's appeared in as many games as Marth and has a large role in all her appearances (unlike Anna, who has appeared in practically every game, but who has only had one playable appearance). The only problem for her is that Fire Emblem has tons of competition. That said, if Sakurai is looking for uniqueness this time around, Tiki's even better than Robin.
Cool.
I think the above poster shows the best option though.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Um, are you certain that Tiki will get the mage class?

I mean, yes, she can reclass into a mage, but would you really think she would take advantage of that? It kind of drifts too far from what she is, at least in my opinion.

It's almost like giving Jigglypuff Toxic, or Moltres Rain Dance. Sure, they can use those moves, but it's very out of character for them, doesn't really work with how they're supposed to play, and overall should be ignored in favor focusing on specific unique aspects of the character.

Leave the random conglomerate of moves to Game and Watch, Villager, and other characters that suit them. To be honest, if I were making an Anna move set, I'd just use the Leven Sword, a pair of Staffs, and maybe a burlap sack (with gold coins in there too, but she "steals" that from the opponent).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Um, are you certain that Tiki will get the mage class?

I mean, yes, she can reclass into a mage, but would you really think she would take advantage of that? It kind of drifts too far from what she is, at least in my opinion.

It's almost like giving Jigglypuff Toxic, or Moltres Rain Dance. Sure, they can use those moves, but it's very out of character for them, doesn't really work with how they're supposed to play, and overall should be ignored in favor focusing on specific unique aspects of the character.

Leave the random conglomerate of moves to Game and Watch, Villager, and other characters that suit them. To be honest, if I were making an Anna move set, I'd just use the Leven Sword, a pair of Staffs, and maybe a burlap sack (with gold coins in there too, but she "steals" that from the opponent).
I imagine magic would be used for her human form only. I could see her getting in as a transformation character (similar to Zelda/Sheik), with a combination of dragon attacks and magic attacks with only one moveset, or as an almost strictly dragon fighter.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
As somebody who's played the fire emblem series, i doubt she'd be able to do anything in manakete form out of final smash.
Not to mention she shows a bit too much skin (imo) for a smash game
[collapse=see what i mean?]

[/collapse]
I love Awakening, but i still cringe every time i see this portrait. Tiki's a good character with an interesting back story, why'd they have to rip off half her shirt?

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
As somebody who's played the fire emblem series, i doubt she'd be able to do anything in manakete form out of final smash.
Not to mention she shows a bit too much skin (imo) for a smash game
[collapse=see what i mean?]

[/collapse]
I love Awakening, but i still cringe every time i see this portrait. Tiki's a good character with an interesting back story, why'd they have to rip off half her shirt?
That isn't very hard to change for Smash. A quick texture patch is all it would take. Marvel did it for characters like Electra in their kid-friendly MMO, so I don't see why Nintendo couldn't do it for Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom