• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
@ Bassoonist Bassoonist : I swear I've seen you frequent Animal Crossing Ahead a few years back.
Yeah, I used to go there, until I finally got burnt out waiting for Animal Crossing New Leaf, since Nintendo waited a looonnnnggg time to release the game to us in the US. I might have returned after the game came out, but honestly, I got bored with it a month afterward and haven't looked back.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen with these Wii U titles (SSB4 and Mario Kart 8). =(

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm not sure I'm surprised to see Lucario back or not. I guess not. But it's still nice. He wasn't my favorite in Brawl, but he was unique and is as popular as ever. As long as this doesn't spell doom for Mewtwo (which, logically, it shouldn't), I'm happy. ^^
Also, you guys sure this isn't his 'About to fall of ledge' animation? Cuz' it looks a LOT like it to me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lucario is back! Really unexpected update, but still very good news. Way to finish off this month.

And wow, Brawl is turning 6 years old already... Time surely flies.

D

Deleted member

I didn't think Lucario is going to get cut, but he was one of the more likely ones in my opinion. Seeing him now makes me think that characters like Ike and Wolf, who people determined are some of the most likely Brawl cuts, have some hope.

But still, it's odd seeing him. I have a gut feeling that maybe Sakurai revealed Lucario now so that he could probably reveal Mewtwo later.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Kinda sad they showed Lucario. I really like Lucario and I'm glad he returns but this will most likely mean that if Mewtwo is in the game, he's probably going to be a unlockable. That in itself is fine but I got the feeling that Sakurai won't show off the secret characters ahead of release this time around to keep some surprises in the game. Again, that in itself is fine as well but at this moment, I just wanna see him confirmed already. I really doubt we'll get to know about Mewtwo at all till a final confirmed roster leaks, which is probably gonna take ages from now. Oh well.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I hate Neogaf, EVERTHING about nintendo ther is negative. Full ignorance

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today is the 6th Anniversary of Brawl's release in Japan. I guess that explains why we got Lucario today. Still, I am confused as to why we got Lucario today and no one on Smash's 15th Anniversary. Something's off…

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sounds like you need to learn the beauty and majesty of purple~ ¦(

PURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWERPURPLESHOWER
I bet you go hard for WAAAAAAA. :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Boy, there's so much going on that it's going to take me a long time to respond to all the posts that have just popped up today. Reveal one character, and this thread quickly jumps over 10 pages, while I'm getting some rest.

Anyway, today does bring back what happened with Marth; a random reveal. Though I guess Sakurai could've also revealed Lucario for being the youngest fighter to debut in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Yep, he's referring to Brawl. I think it means Lucario wasn't a very high priority newcomer for Brawl, just higher than Mewtwo and Jigglypuff.

And the days of unlockable characters are over, I think.
Odds are, there will probably still be unlockable characters. Sakurai may be revealing characters to us, but even he'd know better than to have everyone available from the very start; that would destroy the purpose of even having a single player mode.

Besides, when you look at Mario Kart 8, even with the confirmed characters present, some of them will inevitably be given the unlockable treratment.

Where is this?

It looks like Rainbow road, but none of the things there match the Rainbow Road in Smash, or any Rainbow Road for that matter.
That's the 3DS Rainbow Road stage, which was revealed over a month ago.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I love reading the comments about yesterday's picture, and people freaking out over "priority" in this game.
Projectiles always cancelled each other out if the damage they did was within 9% of each other.
Link's arrow is just faster in this game.

Also, stronger aura now? Ugh, worst mechanic ever.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Guys, let's be serious, this must be one of the most epic pics of Lucario's SSB4 page:

Wii Fit Trainer approves Lucario joining the battle.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ah, right, his Aura is even stronger now. That's good, I feel he'd need that, cuz' he did kinda feel, err, 'weak-ish' overall in Brawl.

And I really hope his Final Smash will have him MegaEvolve.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I missed the Lucario party, dammit!

Prolly' didn't beat the Dedede party though.

Nothing
can beat the Dedede party.

Glad he's confirmed, so the naysayers can now be officially wrong.

This probably killed a ton of leaks too that said he was cut.

:lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
No, not really. I wouldn't put so much expectation on those potential characters.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I'm still not thinking that anniversaries are a big thing , but today he revealed Lucario for that reason , and it makes me beleive that Peach wasn't a coincidence . Not a big thing , but not ruled out .

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
So, here we are, with 22 comfirmed characters.

Last two months 4 characters in a row.

(Man, this is really gonna be sweat! X3)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I like how Sakurai posted pictures of Kid Icarus stuff for like 3 days following the Palutena leak, only to reveal Lucario on a pretty unexpected date lol.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The mechanic is a great idea, it was just extremely underpowered and thus, useless. Hopefully Sakurai fixed it this time.
The mechanic is a ****ty idea.
Lucario was a mediocre character with an insane comeback factor that made him good.
The worse player had more chances to win because suddenly he kills you at 70% from an f-smash.
Not to mention the Anubis strategy in doubles...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, about that specific Pic of the Day, it looks like Lucario does one of his Taunts from Brawl. But he's cloaked in a pretty Aura effect. If that IS his Taunt, then maybe now when Lucario has gotten very high percentage, he will have that effect, to further show how powerful he is with high%?

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Pleased we got another character reveal. More pleased that we got another piece of Pokemon content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom