• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The Pokémon Trainer isn't going anywhere (or at least his Pokémon). Sakurai likes unique characters too much to cut them.
Well yes I know my concern is mostly unsubstantiated, but I still can't help but be uneasy until his inevitable reveal. I can't imagine maiming another character. For this reason alone, the lack of pokemon reveals has bothered me.

Honestly, I just chose that picture of Chris Weidman because I like the way he fights, I like his attitude, and I loved that picture. That and after faking out SWF that I was a female, I felt like changing my avatar to a picture of a guy would eliminate that confusion! :rotfl:
Intriguing

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what to expect from tomorrow after all these Kid Icarus related posts.

1. Big Kid Icarus reveal (Palutena?)
2. Sakurai's biggest troll action yet
3. It's f*cking nothing

edit: nvm, thought the viridi pic was this week as well.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Palutena is coming... after Diddy definitely, and maybe aftter Yoshi as well.

But she is coming.
Well yes I know my concern is mostly unsubstantiated, but I still can't help but be uneasy until his inevitable reveal. I can't imagine maiming another character. For this reason alone, the lack of pokemon reveals has bothered me.
The Pokémon leaks seem to mean that they're saving the PT and Mewtwo and maybe Jiggs for a promotional thing, or a big event.

After all, there's like a trillion events from now until winter 2014/spring 2015, and probably a trillion Pokémon releases in that time, lol.
Intriguing
I ironically got about 5 followers from changing my sex listed on SWF. ManlySpirit got about 3 times as many. :ohwell:

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I think the reason for there being a "leak" near the time of these Kid Icarus pics may be because Sakurai is simply working on Kid Icarus related stuff recently. Maybe someone on the development team showed pictures during this time. Maybe it's not a troll, but this "leak" still has a chance of being fake still (even though It's getting more believable).

Last edited:

pitthekit

Smash Ace
These little details about the game engine just makes it more interesting. The balance in the game is not only skin deep, but also is rooted on a deeper set of algorithms that determine priority. I feel as if with this particular picture perhaps the arrows collide midway, but shortly after it travels a bit more and dissipates (also seen with Pit as he cut Samus' missile in half), so perhaps with some more charge it would actually hit pit or put him in a disadvantaged hit trade stun.

This subtlety highlights how trading will work in this game with a combination of individual character stats, attack directions and in some cases, logic (I.E. Samus' missile). Maybe trading certain attacks will cause the opponent to act a certain way, like, if you were to trade with Link's Forward tilt you would get pushed back without damage and you would win the trade, or if you traded with his D -tilt you would get tripped without damage. I hope this is the case with individual character balance as it's kind of dumb to be able to beat a Samus full charge shot with Mario's Nair of Bair.

This smash is all about detail. I'm so ****ing excited, man.
So if I get hit by Rosalinas galaxy I will turn into strings?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I wasn't around today but it sounds like people were expecting the Ice Climbers today because it's their anniversary?

Why? I am legitimately confused by this. How many characters have we gotten revealed on an anniversary so far. None?(Maybe one? I don't remember). And how many anniversary's have passed where we didn't get a character? Why do people still expect characters to be revealed on anniversaries? I get people expecting reveals with game releases because that's happened like eight times or something now but anniversaries?

Sakurai seems to like being unpredictable anyways, I don't see why he'd want to go out of his way to tie every reveal to an easily predictable date. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the whole game release tie in thing was a mandate or at least a request from Nintendo, or even just Sakurai trying to help Nintendo out, but what reason would Sakurai have to promote the anniversary of a series that hasn't had a game in decades. How many people even know this is the Ice Climber's anniversary except people who were scouring for a day to expect a character reveal? I'm actually a big fan of the original Ice Climbers game and they're my secondary character in Smash and I still had no idea today was their anniversary until I came here.
It's still stupid that Sakurai didn't reveal them, you can't let people get hyped and then do nothing, he's seriously a bit of a moron.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I doubt we'll get a Nintendo Direct today. This update isn't useless, and actually tells us something.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's still stupid that Sakurai didn't reveal them, you can't let people get hyped and then do nothing, he's seriously a bit of a moron.
Sakurai hasn't acknowledged a single anniversary except the Smash anniversary. It is your fault for getting excited over nothing.

If you have been following the reveals closely, you'd definitely not have expected them today. :rolleyes:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's people's fault for getting hyped about it. I hardly see it being Sakurai's fault. People are going to get hyped and then have it crushed. Blaming Sakurai on that is ridiculous.

I wasn't around today but it sounds like people were expecting the Ice Climbers today because it's their anniversary?

Why? I am legitimately confused by this. How many characters have we gotten revealed on an anniversary so far. None?(Maybe one? I don't remember). And how many anniversary's have passed where we didn't get a character? Why do people still expect characters to be revealed on anniversaries? I get people expecting reveals with game releases because that's happened like eight times or something now but anniversaries?
Technically Peach.

But one instance is enough for people to hype about it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Sakuri knows.............. He has seen my words, he knows we know he is here, and that he knows we know he knows there was the leak, and that he knows we know we are expecting something so he knows to keep it down low so we don't know palutena is in the game, he knows we know that he is a genius too.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Sakuri knows.............. He has seen my words, he knows we know he is here, and that he knows we know we have the leak, and that he knows we know we are expecting something so he knows to keep it down low so we don't know palutena is in the game, he knows we know that he is a genius too.
Hmm you keep saying this every page? Do you get a rise out of us saying sakurai is a troll....sakurai

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The only chances I see characters getting confirmed who aren't getting games this year are either through trailers and directs.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Technically Peach.

But one instance is enough for people to hype about it.
Peach was revealed on 12th September, which was a Thursday. He could easily have delayed her reveal by one day to for it coincide with the SMB anniversary exactly, but he didn't. I think it was coincidence.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
This Alfonzo meme. . .
I'm literally dying over here.
I no longer have sides.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
People really do have too high expectations of anniversaries. It happened once, it's certainly not guaranteed to happen again. It's nothing like a new game release where they can promote something either, and it's not like there's all too long before we're going to see Diddy either way.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hmm you keep saying this every page? Do you get a rise out of us saying sakurai is a troll....sakurai
Well maybe I am in fact Sakuri, just thwarting you or your plans, or perhaps I am the most powerful being on this earth. Alfonzo. And I told Sakuri: "Leave it to me!"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well maybe I am in fact Sakuri, just thwarting you or your plans, or perhaps I am the most powerful being on this earth. Alfonzo. And I told Sakuri: "Leave it to me!"
What the hell are you talking about?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai is stupid because we, the fans, have absurd expectations and make assumptions by over-analyzing stuff that wasn't meant to be over-analyzed like that. Such sound logic, I need to learn about it. :rolleyes:

If you got hyped for a reveal today, it's because you set up yourself for the possible disappointment. Don't worry, your tears are delicious.

People really do have too high expectations of anniversaries. It happened once, it's certainly not guaranteed to happen again. It's nothing like a new game release where they can promote something either, and it's not like there's all too long before we're going to see Diddy either way.
This.

Even after so many anniversaries with no reveals, people haven't still learned that anniversaries mean jack squat.

@ FalKoopa FalKoopa : Your new avatar is awesome. :laugh:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I sure hope you aren't Sakurai, because you can't even spell your own name properly then :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Characters that were revealed tied with a game released in Japan:
  • Olimar (Pikmin 3)
  • Toon Link (Zelda: Wind Waker HD)
  • Zelda (Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)
  • King Dedede (Kirby: Triple Deluxe)
Characters that were revealed on Nintendo Directs:
  • Luigi (August 2013)
  • Sonic (October 2013)
  • Rosalina (December 2013)
Characters that were revealed on an anniversary of a game:
  • Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
Characters that were not revealed on special occasions:
  • Marth
7 out of the 9 characters revealed after E3 2013 were revealed either on a Nintendo Direct or to commemorate a game released in Japan. Only one character was revealed on an anniversary and only one character wasn't revealed on a special occasion.

Therefore, it's more reasonable to expect characters to be revealed on Directs and tied to a game release in Japan.

All of this is to say that expecting the Ice Climbers today was unreasonable and foolhardy, while expecting Diddy Kong on February is more logical.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Characters that were revealed tied with a game released in Japan:
  • Olimar (Pikmin 3)
  • Toon Link (Zelda: Wind Waker HD)
  • Zelda (Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)
  • King Dedede (Kirby: Triple Deluxe)
Characters that were revealed on Nintendo Directs:
  • Luigi (August 2013)
  • Sonic (October 2013)
  • Rosalina (December 2013)
Characters that were revealed on an anniversary of a game:
  • Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
Characters that were not revealed on special occasions:
  • Marth
7 out of the 9 characters revealed after E3 2013 were revealed either on a Nintendo Direct or to commemorate a game released in Japan. Only one character was revealed on an anniversary and only one character wasn't revealed on a special occasion.

Therefore, it's more reasonable to expect characters to be revealed on Directs and tied to a game release in Japan.

All of this is to say that expecting the Ice Climbers today was unreasonable and foolhardy, while expecting Diddy Kong on February is more logical.
Directs and japan game releases are defiantly the most predictable spots

That being said do not under any circumstances hype about February 27th unless a direct is right there (this is the pokemon anniversary)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Admittively even after reading the caption it took me a bit to understand what was actually going on it was interesting to see another mechinic even if it's not a relatively complex one. I would go on about how we shouldn't drive ourselves into a frenzy everytime some random date occures but I know that's futile.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Actually Frost, Peach was revealed a day before.
Well, so that means the anniversary thing may actually be just a coincidence and anniversaries really mean jack squat. Anyone hyping for them is setting themselves to disappointment.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder what tomorrow brings. I'm telling myself it'll just be something like Luigi picking his nose but I can't help but wonder... What if it's WARIO picking his nose.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I wonder what tomorrow brings. I'm telling myself it'll just be something like Luigi picking his nose but I can't help but wonder... What if it's WARIO picking his nose.
Palutena picking her nose?
Ridley picking his nose?

ALL CHARACTERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY THE PIC OF THE DAY SHOWING THEM PICKING THERE NOSE!!!

EDIT: Wait, what if Master Hand is announced?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I know this subject was from yesterday, but, the Kid Icarus stage shown is obviously from Uprising, Sakurai said that some but not all stages will be respective to the console.

01:21

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The comment on today's pic gives me hope of a more competitively viable/more technical/ more tactical game this time around. Combined with the things that Sakurai has said in the past, this seemingly obvious address of the tactics involved in attacking seems like an attempt to get even the younger and/or more casual audience thinking beyond just "this is a heavy hit, this is a weak one, this is a shooty thing."

I know to us it seems obvious, but still, I think it's a good sign that he brought it up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom