• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My prediction for tonight: something character related. My guess is a returning AT or even a veteran. I'm not expecting anything noteworthy on Friday because the only month that has ended with something interesting is October.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Many are predicting Ice Climbers tomorrow, as it is supposedly their anniversary in Japan.

I think not, but we'll see...

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Alfonzo being a substitute for any background/playable character is genius. I just think that every Assist trophy and background character should also serve as playable so that Alfonzo can show up as both an item and a background mechanic simultaneously.

Anyhow, I don't see how a statue can really cause any concrete evidence of anything. I know that Palutena is in a different position than with Brawl, having all but come back from the dead since then, but a statue doesn't prove or disprove anything. Anyone who knows anything about Kid Icarus already knows that Palutena is not only the driving force of the main protagonist, but a goddess beloved by humanity. It's not like a statue of her, in that universe, would be so rare that the constuction of one is a sign of her inclusion in some interstellar fighting tournament.

In a nutshell, it shouldn't be a crazy idea that a statue of her exists in Skyworld, of all places. It doesn't mean she's playable, and it certainly doesn't mean she's deconfirmed.

I, personally, think it's just a regular Kid Icarus stage. Now, my KI knowledge runs barely further than Uprising, but I want to say pretty much every significant locale from the original game is also in Uprising, but with a new look. So, it's not like Sakurai could take something from the original and make that a stage independent of KI:U. Since Skyworld exists in the original, he simply used the modern look of the place and put it on the Wii U version to rep the original game.

Uh....I can't think of anything else to say.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Many are predicting Ice Climbers tomorrow, as it is supposedly their anniversary in Japan.

I'd be surprised if we see them tomorrow. But it is possible. I kinda predict them since there's no real great time to reveal them other than tomorrow.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Alfonzo being a substitute for any background/playable character is genius. I just think that every Assist trophy and background character should also serve as playable so that Alfonzo can show up as both an item and a background mechanic simultaneously.
I second this. Alfonzo should be everything.

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
I'd be surprised if we see them tomorrow. But it is possible. I kinda predict them since there's no real great time to reveal them other than tomorrow.
When Alfonzo is in the background, the Ice Climbers are in charge of fighting.
Popo: "Leave it to us!"
Nana: "Yup!"

I'm sorry. :dkmelee:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sakurai! We need this!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I guess I've been more busy watching out for double posts to even keep tabs on such stuff.

Anyway, in terms of potential arguments against Palutena, using the too big excuses won't work at all, thanks to Kid Icarus Uprising.
No prob, I know your a cool guy. This just happens to be the third time or so you've responded to my sarcasm seriously and I don't want that stuff to actually work. That's why my avatar is super king. It practically bleeds sarcasm.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
What If...Sakurai secretly leaked the Palutena pic, just to screw with us?

:troll:

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
No prob, I know your a cool guy. This just happens to be the third time or so you've responded to my sarcasm seriously and I don't want that stuff to actually work. That's why my avatar is super king. It practically bleeds sarcasm.
i think Mario_and_Sonic_Guy is a pretty cool guy. eh kills double posts and doesn't afraid of anything.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Past anniversaries never did give us any character reveals, but seeing as the Ice Climbers don't have much stuff to go by, their Japan anniversary seems plausible enough for their confirmation.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Past anniversaries never did give us any character reveals, but seeing as the Ice Climbers don't have much stuff to go by, their Japan anniversary seems plausible enough for their confirmation.
Well, to be fair.
We did have that Smash anniversary, and look what happened.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's not like anyone was going to be revealed to represent Super Smash Bros. though, since most Super Smash Bros. exclusive characters are non-playable.
But, he could've revealed a new mode...
Or, perhaps, a new mechanic...
At least something more than a mere reference.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Goddamn it, people...

NOT EVERY SINGLE STAGE ON WII U WILL BE BASED ON CONSOLE GAMES!

Sakurai said:
Essentially between the two versions the character structure is the same, and the moves shared between the characters are the same, but the stages are entirely different. On the 3DS, we've taken the motif of handheld games and then on the Wii U version, featured primarily stages based on games on console.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
But the only character reveal we had to coincide with an anniversary was Peach, and that wasn't even on the exact day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom