• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
No, it is...
If I'm correct, it's based off of Chapter 20 (don't believe me, wait until they show off the Centurions).
So, this could mean that not every stage will be as once thought (consoles for consoles and handhelds for handhelds)...
...Interesting...
It's not Uprising , it only used it as a base because Uprising's style is now canon to the whole series , but it can't be based on the chapter because in chapter 20 the Skyworld is all worn out and ruined .

It's the Uprising artstyle , but this didn't happen in the story , so it's based on what the place probably looked like on NES , but updated .

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
If this is based on the NES version but updated, then maybe it could be kid icarus's version of mushroomy kingdom? That'd be neat.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I will keep saying that it's most likely based on the original NES game with Uprising's art style. Seeing as it fits with the console game stages on Wii U thing.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The moment I saw this morning, I knew it was going to be jump-to-conclusion-day for like... the 20th time this month.
Excellent prediction, as it turns out.
Are we not jumping to conclusions by saying that people are going to jump to conclusions as well? No, the argument presupposes degrees of assurance with the available information, and posits that there is sufficient information to say that there is insufficient information to make such conclusions as "Palutena Confirmed" or "Sakurai KNOWS" or what have you, then goes along with the conclusion that we have sufficient information to say that many people will unjustly perceive this information as sufficient to make such ridiculous conclusions, and that they are indeed ridiculous.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
We can only hope. Though I admit, I would've preferred an actual underworld stage than another Skyworld. Something like Medusa's lair pl0x.
Medusa's Lair, Bowser's Castle Ganon's Castle/Lair...

The villains sure aren't getting much of a fair treatment stage wise, huh?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I actually think it is from Uprising mostly.
About the part where I said that it looks cleaner as opposed to the dullness of Chapter 20 of that game has shown (which was the opposite of Mushroomy Kingdom, where it was a duller version of a Mario stage), that we established. However, I remembered that Skyworld is made up of more than 1 island. In the flying portion of Ch.18, Palutena (large hologram version) throws an arena similar to the one in the background (except looks more damaged) at you. So I would assume the thing in the background is one of many arenas that's on one of the different islands in Skyworld. I think even the Skyworld stage from Brawl is shown having different islands in the background, too.

In conclusion, I am putting my thoughts on this stage being Palutena's Temple from KIU, indicated by the statue with wings that was also shown in Ch.20 from Uprising, and from what I said above.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Excellent prediction, as it turns out.
Are we not jumping to conclusions by saying that people are going to jump to conclusions as well? No, the argument presupposes degrees of assurance with the available information, and posits that there is sufficient information to say that there is insufficient information to make such conclusions as "Palutena Confirmed" or "Sakurai KNOWS" or what have you, then goes along with the conclusion that we have sufficient information to say that many people will unjustly perceive this information as sufficient to make such ridiculous conclusions, and that they are indeed ridiculous.
You definitely thought that over more so then I did this morning. XD

Gum Man

Smash Rookie
NNID
jaogio
3DS FC
0387-8992-2953
The models look extremely similar, however there are a number of details that don't match.....I do believe that with the statue being a depiction of Palutena's past in the game lore, such details could be explained as an younger version of her...who wore plant like belts instead of her current golden charms....The models do look the same though....

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
Glad to see a Kid Icarus stage on the WiiU version!

I do hope there's more to this new stage... perhaps its a long stage with various levels of platforms going up Palutena's Temple? I imagine something like Skyworld meets Temple but more vertically laid out?

So far, this one looks bare if this is the whole stage. BUT that single column on the left side (in the foreground in front of the coliseum) might add an interesting twist to the recovery game.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I will keep saying that it's most likely based on the original NES game with Uprising's art style. Seeing as it fits with the console game stages on Wii U thing.
You are basicly saying the Pikmin and Wii Fit franchises won't get 3DS stages because they haven't got games on handhelds.

I don't think so.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Why is Sakurai afraid to show Wii Fit Trainer's other two specials? I just do not get it.

They must be lame and not showcase worthy.

Gum Man

Smash Rookie
NNID
jaogio
3DS FC
0387-8992-2953
You are basicly saying the Pikmin and Wii Fit franchises won't get 3DS stages because they haven't got games on handhelds.

I don't think so.
They did say that stages would be dependent on the version you're playing .They've followed that pretty well thus far.And updating the art style while still paying homage to older series is something they have done before... just look at skyworld.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Why is Sakurai afraid to show Wii Fit Trainer's other two specials? I just do not get it.

I thought the Sun Pose thing was probably her neutral special. Or is that just me?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Hell if I know, maybe it's a recovery move? Or just a short, quick solar flare type stun move?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

1) There is a possibility that they have been shown but not acknowledged as special moves.
2) If they haven't been shown, they're probably not flashy enough.
3) Wii Fit Trainer isn't the hot character on the site anymore.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Then why hasn't he revealed Ridley yet? Sakurai has to be planning something for that space dragon, and the same thing could apply to Palutena as well.
I mean, I know sarcasm is hard to spot on the internet, but... you do see me around the Ridley thread, right? And back pre brawl? I'm one of the oldies. If I ever, ever say something anti-Ridely, there's a 99% chance it is sarcasm.

What I meant was I find it humorous that Palutena is now in a similar situation as Ridley - we have absolutely no proof whatsoever that they aren't playable, and they are likely candidates, but a picture of the day has started ridiculous rumor mills about them.

Personally, though, I think it's funny that this is finally happening to a popular character other than Ridley, the usual punching bag.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I mean, I know sarcasm is hard to spot on the internet, but... you do see me around the Ridley thread, right? And back pre brawl? I'm one of the oldies. If I ever, ever say something anti-Ridely, there's a 99% chance it is sarcasm.

What I meant was I find it humorous that Palutena is now in a similar situation as Ridley - we have absolutely no proof whatsoever that they aren't playable, and they are likely candidates, but a picture of the day has started ridiculous rumor mills about them.

Personally, though, I think it's funny that this is finally happening to a popular character other than Ridley, the usual punching bag.
If Palutena is revealed earlier than Ridley, there might be some resulting conflict from Ridley fans. :upsidedown:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah that was before no one cared about the Goddess of Light.
Eventually some characters will get a big makeover that will make them lovable and popular characters around the world.
Who knows, maybe Hades might become a more prominent villain in the KI series or maybe even Geno, Nabbit, or even Waluigi might become important characters of the Mario franchise.
So don't ever say that you hate a Nintendo character, or you might just one day like them to hell. :troll:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Palutena is revealed earlier than Ridley, there might be some resulting conflict from Ridley fans. :upsidedown:
I don't see why Palutena being revealed before Ridley would matter at all. Ridley and Palutena are in the same position at the moment, only difference is that Palutena has a leak backing her up.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Never give up hope, my friends. ¦(

(I'm starting to get attached to this guy. XD )

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
They did say that stages would be dependent on the version you're playing .They've followed that pretty well thus far.And updating the art style while still paying homage to older series is something they have done before... just look at skyworld.
He said mostly...he never said only.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't see why Palutena being revealed before Ridley would matter at all. Ridley and Palutena are in the same position at the moment, only difference is that Palutena has a leak backing her up.
I have to agree, given the how different of character types the two are, I wouldn't see having one of them would guarantee the exlusion of the other.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I guess I've been more busy watching out for double posts to even keep tabs on such stuff.

Anyway, in terms of potential arguments against Palutena, using the too big excuses won't work at all, thanks to Kid Icarus Uprising.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

I don't think so.
Nope. I'm not saying that. Also, we don't know if console only franchises will have stages on the 3DS version or not and vice versa.
Also this

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh wow, this new Kid Icarus stage looks pretty cool. And about the Palutena statue...

Sorry if this has already been said, but Brawl's Skyworld does have a Palutena statue in the background. For those who don't know, some pics to compare:

It's interesting to note that in Skyworld they did not use Palutena's upgraded design for the statue. I'm guessing they wanted her to resemble original Palutena more (maybe because of the stage...?), as the design kinda looks like the one found in the NES game manual. I personally think it would have been cooler if they used Palutena's upgraded design, but whatevs.

Ah, what the heck. A pic I took for fun. why did it end up darker D:

Yeah... not trying to make a huge deal about this or anything, but little things like this always intrigue me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom