• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So I got 3 hours of sleep last night cause of this. Thanks sakuri.

Not to mention I have a really important exam today, too.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
He's leading us to the trap.

Or not.

Ain't this dude just cryptic or what??

I'm though interest, the stage looks beautiful to me and it appears we might get bit handheld installment-inspired stages too.

Also I'll laugh at anyone who calls deconfirms on Paletuna because stahtue.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So I got 3 hours of sleep last night cause of this. Thanks sakuri.

Not to mention I have a really important exam today, too.
Sometimes I wonder why people are willing to stay up so late for the next screenshot. Then again, the time zones can change everything, as those who use the Pacific time settings can potentially get the new screenshot before 12:00 AM.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sometimes I wonder why people are willing to stay up so late for the next screenshot. Then again, the time zones can change everything, as those who use the Pacific time settings can potentially get the new screenshot before 12:00 AM.
I have the ultimate convenience of waking up around 9 AM for the screenshot (because that's when it's posted around GMT+2 in here Finland)

Though school's in the way to let me see it immediately.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I didn't even mean to stay up late enough to see it. But I did, and it kept me up another 2 hours. Ugh this sucks

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
First thing I always do when I wake up: Turn on the PC and check the daily picture.

Considering it's posted at 7 AM in my time zone (GMT), it doesn't really matter when do I wake up.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
If anything I think this confirms Palutena. It's the same damn model retextured.

Look at the hair on the side of her face. It's the same length. Brawl model's was longer. Her hips are thinner than brawl's as well, the same thinness as those leaks.

Hmm. The hair behind her looks longer in this new statue. That could be a matter of texturing. Often times they'll put translucent texture on things such as hair, perhaps on the statue they didn't do that because that would make it look less like stone, giving it the effect that it looks longer.

Whatever! I'm riding with it! Team Real!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Am I the only one who thinks that this could be based on the final level of the NES Kid Icarus where you rescue Palutena (Palace In the Sky)?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think people are failing to understand that a statue does NOT equal an instant deconfirmation.

Although today's screenshot shows a statue of Palutena, this doesn't mean that she's out of the running. We'd need way more evidence than that, such as seeing Palutena in person.
nah idk Sakurai mentioning a character not in terms of confirmation is 100% deconfirmation right? like Ridley!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So if there is a nintendo direct confirmed for tomorrow, Palutena is pretty much in I guess.
Tbh, I think she will come later. While the recent KI goodies we've been blessed with may hype us, we should remember that Rosalina appeared around a month after the Galaxy stage was confirmed, but even then that stage was teased to us via Kirby hammer pic even earlier than that. Going by such patterns, Palutena will either be shown next month, or March (even though sooner would be better). The only real difference between the Rosalina thing and the Palutena thing is that some of us thought Bowser Jr would have a shot too instead of her, and etc, but here, most if not all of us are seeing this potential go to Palutena and no one else.

Nonetheless... "And now we play the waiting game."

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Am I the only one who thinks that this could be based on the final level of the NES Kid Icarus where you rescue Palutena (Palace In the Sky)?
Well... take a look:

[collapse="The images speak for themselves..."]

[/collapse]

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Aside from the amusement of today's picture, the stage itself seems rather bland to me though. I was hoping for something more original than "generic Kid Icarus temple stage".

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well... take a look:

[/collapse]
You've just given me a thought. Remember Mushroomy Kingdom from Brawl? That worn down desertized version of a Mario stage? What if what you showed us was indeed the opposite version of that, and I mean instead of making a clean stage look worn down, but rather a worn stage (chapters 18 and 20) looking cleaner? That actually may be the case for that stage.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well... take a look:

[/collapse]
Ah. I can see why the structure is used since Uprising's Palutena Temple is basically an expansion of the original Sky Palace and it's basically the closest thing to a modern representation of that area. Uprising did a great job at expanding such a vague universe many years later.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The moment I saw this morning, I knew it was going to be jump-to-conclusion-day for like... the 20th time this month.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Comparing

The good news the leak body model matches the statue

The bad news the staff is incorrect its shorter than her on the leak and the statue the staff should be as long as her

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Could be a detail that goes either way. Could be a mistake by the leaker or if it's real it's possible the weapon could be scaled down to make it easier to work with moveset wise.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The staff being shorter actually seems to make sense , a long staff might not fit well in Smash and would be hard to balance , or it would be harder to animate , Palutena already has so much random **** on her .

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the model from the leak matches the model from the statue so much.

They are the same character, so of course they will look similar. It's the smaller details such as hair length, staff length, jewellery variation, etc. that matter most, and they don't seem to match.

Either way, the statue obviously doesn't affect Palutena's chances of appearing. At the very least, Sakurai now has a stage to reveal her on =)

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I actually think this isn't an uprising stage, but a classic Kid icarus stage (from the nes game), just with details and elements from uprising added in.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
We also need to keep in mind that similarities between the statue and the leak's model are not guaranteed to decisively prove anything. Bringing up the ROB example again, besides the building's red eyes, there are some aspects of its model that are clearly different from the character model (the protrusions from the building's head, for example).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually think this isn't an uprising stage, but a classic Kid icarus stage (from the nes game), just with details and elements from uprising added in.
Well, all areas from the NES game (Underworld, Overworld, Skyworld and Sky Palace/Palutena's Temple) all appear in Uprising in some form, so I guess this could be considered from both games.

It's just like the Metroid stages Planet Zebes, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths and Norfair. Originally from NES Metroid, but also appear in Super Metroid.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Would be funny if the statue was really just Palutena, petrified by Medusa lol

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Oh my God you guys slay me xD. This picture means either one of two things: 1. Palutena may be announced sooner than we though. or 2. Sakura is really being the biggest ****ing tease ever -.- haha

Croco

Smash Lord

Comparing

The good news the leak body model matches the statue

The bad news the staff is incorrect its shorter than her on the leak and the statue the staff should be as long as her
That staff is way to big and thick. It is like a monster staff. Not sure if I believe it.. maybe it's photoshopped? :troll:

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai's wording on the picture caption make me more hopeful. It's almost like he left out one sentence

" . . . . She's watching over the arena. Waiting to bust out of the stone and kick some @$$"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No, it is...
If I'm correct, it's based off of Chapter 20 (don't believe me, wait until they show off the Centurions).
So, this could mean that not every stage will be as once thought (consoles for consoles and handhelds for handhelds)...
...Interesting...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
We can only hope. Though I admit, I would've preferred an actual underworld stage than another Skyworld. Something like Medusa's lair pl0x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom