• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
First off, can someone tell me if there actually is a Nintendo Direct or something tomorrow. I can't really tell if people are being serious or just thinking about hypothetical.

Anyways, I think that this improves Palutena's chances and for that I'm feeling hyped. I'm hoping we can get a confirmation or rejection sometime soon.

Also as a side note, the Alfonzo meme is pretty funny. On another side note, there are too many people here.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Taking a close look at it, I've found that the statue appears to be lacking several pieces of jewelry hanging from Palutena's belts, among other things. It's not a perfect match.
They were talking about this in the rumor/leak thread saying even Uprising stuff didnt match official art, and other such inconsistencies yadda yadda, nothing proven or disproven.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
First off, can someone tell me if there actually is a Nintendo Direct or something tomorrow. I can't really tell if people are being serious or just thinking about hypothetical.
There's no Direct tomorrow. Although we'll probably get one soon Nintendo gives more than a few hours notice.

Taking a close look at it, I've found that the statue appears to be lacking several pieces of jewelry hanging from Palutena's belts, among other things. It's not a perfect match.
Statue confirmed for fake. :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I had doubt's previously, but now I'm certain.

Alfonzo is the biggest smash meme of this month. Year, even.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
An appearance as a statue is very different from "an enemy that caused Samus trauma appearing at any moment" is. The statement is more ambiguous and open to people's worst fears and expectations, so people reacted according to those expectations.

Also, Ridley wasn't "leaked" before the pyrosphere stage.
Yeah, the 'leak' easily does help the situation so that would explain some of the discrepancy. Rosalina does throw a bit of a wretch in that as she didn't have a leak, but either way this isn't the time for Ridley.

As for what this means for Palutena's chances, not much on its own. Palutena is supposed to be a god-like figure as well as an important character in Pit's life, her getting a statue isn't surprising in that regard, particularly considering the area this takes place in during KI:U.

D

Deleted member

An appearance as a statue is very different from "an enemy that caused Samus trauma appearing at any moment" is. The statement is more ambiguous and open to people's worst fears and expectations, so people reacted according to those expectations.

Also, Ridley wasn't "leaked" before the pyrosphere stage.
Unless statues magically have genders, the quote is implying Palutena watches over the stage, and the statue is of her.

So no, Palutena is just as vague as Ridley is.
Which actually renews my faith in Ridley, considering the potential leak for Palutena....

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Unless statues magically have genders, the quote is implying Palutena watches over the stage, and the statue is of her.

Which actually renews my faith in Ridley, considering the potential leak for Palutena....
Statues being assigned genders isn't that farfetched, considering other languages give just about any noun a gender, and the statue of liberty is known as "lady liberty" and referred to as a she.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

I think the only reason people think this increases (decreases?) her chances is because of the hype from that leak.

Brawl's Skyworld stage also had a statue of her. Not a big deal, really.

-----

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
People fail to realize, Brawl's Skyworld also had a statue of Palutena in the background.

This update doesn't confirm, nor deconfirm her inclusion into the roster. What it does confirm, however, is a new Kid Icarus stage for the Wii U version.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I think it's funny that 80% of the daily pics lately have had people saying "Ridley deconfirmed" not that I'm opinionated either way. It's just funny how things work out.

D

Deleted member

Statues being assigned genders isn't that farfetched, considering other languages give just about any noun a gender, and the statue of liberty is known as "lady liberty" and referred to as a she.
Regardless of how people refer to the Statue of Liberty, proper context of the quote gives the notion that Palutena is watching over the arena that the statue of hers appears in.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
When Palutena joins the battle, Medusa watches over the arena. Medusa: Leave it to me!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Regardless of how people refer to the Statue of Liberty, proper context of the quote gives the notion that Palutena is watching over the arena that the statue of hers appears in.
Well to be in a fight you technically have to be aware of your surroundings, therefore 'watching' it.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
No it doesn't. The previous sentence is pertaining to the statue of the goddess of light, and the next says that she's watching over the arena. We can obviously see the statue is watching over the fighting arena, so why is the notion given that Palutena is watching over the arena?

D

Deleted member

Well to be in a fight you technically have to be aware of your surroundings, therefore 'watching' it.
Technically, all-seeing deities such as Palutena don't adhere to that sort of limitation. :troll:

@ Muster Muster : Let's just agree that our grasps of the English language are clearly different and leave it at that.

Lazurwolf

Smash Apprentice
No it doesn't. The previous sentence is pertaining to the statue of the goddess of light, and the next says that she's watching over the arena. We can obviously see the statue is watching over the fighting arena, so why is the notion given that Palutena is watching over the arena?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Lazy Sculptors.

This Alfonzo/"Leave it to me!" gag has been my favorite since the murderous villager. :]

Now I want to see Brinstar Depths return, and a playable Kraid... you know why!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I would take Medusa light years before Palutena and I think this is kind of silly. It's a statue. Of Palutena. In a Skyworld-y stage. That doesn't mean anything. :p It means in Skyworld there is a statue of Palutena. Palutena and the statue can coexist.
Impossible. If I knew what you looked like, I could carve a statue of you right now and you would cease to exist. That's just how things work.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Yeah I don't think she's a playable character. Sakurai so far hasn't shown any form of a character until they are revealed.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Impossible. If I knew what you looked like, I could carve a statue of you right now and you would cease to exist. That's just how things work.
So that means...my girlfriend hasn't disappeared because of kidnapping but because I made her a statue of herself.

Just kidding....I don't have a girlfriend.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know, those wings clearly aren't attached to Palutena.

What the hell are they coming from? Are they just floating in the distance or did Pit get a useless cosmetic wing upgrade to over-compensate for the fact that he still can't fly on his own?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Yeah I don't think she's a playable character. Sakurai so far hasn't shown any form of a character until they are revealed.
Yes but on the same note no other character has been leaked(?) as of yet. Plus I don't believe Sakurai has a hard set agendas on how he reveals characters. The R.O.B. subspace enemies immediately come into mind……

and N3ON beats me to it. I guess I'm getting old.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
You know, those wings clearly aren't attached to Palutena.

What the hell are they coming from? Are they just floating in the distance or did Pit get a useless cosmetic wing upgrade to over-compensate for the fact that he still can't fly on his own?
They aren't "attached" to the statue per se but they belong to the statue. The statue has the same sort of ethereal looking wings in Uprising except they're WAY bigger. I guess it's supposed to show the statue is blessed or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom