• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Evidently Sakurai just likes to screw with us when it comes to LoZ items/moves. Is it an assist trophy? Is it an item?! I wonder if it's any more definitively stated in the Japanese text? Although I'm guessing it's an item, regardless.

My prediction for tomorrow's update: The Phantom carrying somebody off using the beetle. On pyrosphere. And just behind them we can barely see the tip of something purple, but it's not enough to confirm or deny anything.

Injusticefan14

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the boards!
Why won't Yoshi, Meta Knight or PKMN Trainer be revealed in a PotD?
Thank you!

Well they could be, but it seems that the characters are usually revealed quite randomly. Was King Dedede's reveal a pic of the day? Or was it random?
If it has happened before then I apologise :)

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
It´s a item peolple, move on.
A really cool one.

Hong

The Strongest
I honestly don't see what's wrong with changing up the movesets. We don't want the same game over and over do we??

Before this new pic-o-the-day, I was actually hoping the beetle was going to be Link's new side special, in one form or another. But, alas, it seems to indicate its an item, not a part of a moveset. If you want to get picky you COULD argue it might still be both, like Samus's screw-attack up-special and the screw-attack item from Brawl. But I doubt it now.

I agree that the boomerang is more iconic, but there are lots of characters with random-as-hell movesets taken from obscure places in their past. Sometimes that's what makes Smash Bros so colorful. But, seeing how dynamic the new characters are, it does sort of cast a shadow over the classic Smash Bros cast. A new move or mechanic would seriously breathe new life into a Smash original like Link. So, I wouldn't say no to a new side-special... but what they should REALLY do is make Link's sword shoot a weak beam when he uses his standard attacks, but only when he has 0% damage, as an homage to the classic Zelda games. That would be a new mechanic that would make Link stand out again.
It is not about what is new or what is tradition.

It is about the character's kit.

The boomerang, especially in the Japanese version of SSB64, perfectly suits Link as a fighter. It does not matter the theme or particulars, so much as the function. This beetle, on the other hand, is terribly obnoxious, more so than even the Gale Boomerang. Players don't want the boomerang changed because there is no need to change it. It rounds off Link's design-intent perfectly, as do the bombs. If you proposed a replacement for the bow, something that still feels redundant and lacking in definition, people would be more receptive.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I was kinda hoping that this would be part of Link's moveset, but I'm glad it's being implemented into the game at all.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Thank you!

Well they could be, but it seems that the characters are usually revealed quite randomly. Was King Dedede's reveal a pic of the day? Or was it random?
If it has happened before then I apologise :)
Olimar, Peach, Toon Link, Marth, Zelda and Dedede were all revealed in Pic of the Days. The only characters who were revealed in Nintendo Directs are Luigi, Sonic and Rosalina.

D

Deleted member

I think the Beetle will operate as item that homes in on the closest target, grabs them, and throws them down in a couple of seconds. However, I am thinking that it could be possible to fight free from it before you get thrown down. I also think that it will be an easy projectile to dodge.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I appreciate whomever is trying to help me with the thread, but this is the second time I had everything prepared to update and it was already done.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It is not about what is new or what is tradition.

It is about the character's kit.

The boomerang, especially in the Japanese version of SSB64, perfectly suits Link as a fighter. It does not matter the theme or particulars, so much as the function. This beetle, on the other hand, is terribly obnoxious, more so than even the Gale Boomerang. Players don't want the boomerang changed because there is no need to change it. It rounds off Link's design-intent perfectly, as do the bombs. If you proposed a replacement for the bow, something that still feels redundant and lacking in definition, people would be more receptive.
Then why is Link one of the worst characters in Smash 64 and brawl? He is also only average in Melee. Link would need a serious buff in stats to compete with these newcomers, and a new move would help with that.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's been all but confirmed from those Zelda pics from the UK Smash page on Facebook; her poses from a handful of those pics are almost identical to the poses she makes while performing her Brawl Specials, notably Side and Down Special.
I've already basically confirmed that the Phantom is an assist trophy as well.

[collapse=]

[/collapse]
Those Brawl screenshots are the pose she pulls off directly after releasing an assist trophy, at no other time does she make this pose. Her arm even bends similarly to the Phantom image, but it wasn't captured in the shots. Sakurai has already tweaked a few animations as well, so there's no doubt that this is the same pose. Of course Diddy is still in denial though.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I've already basically confirmed that the Phantom is an assist trophy as well.
Those Brawl screenshots are the pose she pulls off directly after releasing an assist trophy, at no other time does she make this pose. Her arm even bends similarly to the Phantom image, but it wasn't captured in the shots. Sakurai has already tweaked a few animations as well, so there's no doubt that this is the same pose. Of course Diddy is still in denial though.
Shut the hell up.
The fact that there's a picture with Zelda imposing her hand in front of a Phantom Knight clearly means that 1) that's her down-B 2) Sheik has been cut 3) Impa has been added to the roster.

If you're stupid and you can't see the connection it's not my problem.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Shut the hell up.
The fact that there's a picture with Zelda imposing her hand in front of a Phantom Knight clearly means that 1) that's her down-B 2) Sheik has been cut 3) Impa has been added to the roster.

How do you explain that she has the pose in other pictures, yet the Phantom is nowhere to be seen?

And calling others stupid isn't going to help in your argumentation, by the way.

(And here we go again... >_>)

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
How do you explain that she has the pose in other pictures, yet the Phantom is nowhere to be seen?

And calling others stupid isn't going to help in your argumentation, by the way.

(And here we go again... >_>)
He's joking obviously it means that the phantom has a start-up time. Just w8 when Impa is revealed as having replaced shiek for no reason because that is my only plausible argument for this actually being a move over her transformation into shiek.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I want to believe he was being sarcastic
I certainly hope so, but sarcasm is hard to convey on written text.

Anyway, today's newly revealed item is interesting. I wonder how long will it last and if it's possible to escape from it once grabbed.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
i was thinking the beetle could have been something link uses after pulling out a bomb. down-special: pulls out bomb. down-special again: shoots it off in the beetle. but this is SOOO awesome that i can't be mad :D

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok for those wondering

That is the miiverse pic today

Looks like a new item is the beetle from skyward swords and it just simply lifts characters into the sky

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Shut the hell up.

Okay, one, do not tell other members to "shut the hell up" its against the rules. Stop calling others stupid because they don't agree with your opinion (which is based off of one picture). They're entitled to their own.

And if you want to discuss Zelda's down B, which has numerous facts against the phantom, take to the Zelda threads, please.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the pic of the day. Though I haven't played more than 5 minutes of SS, it was a neat item!

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Okay, one, do not tell other members to "shut the hell up" its against the rules. Stop calling others stupid because they don't agree with your opinion (which is based off of one picture). They're entitled to their own.

And if you want to discuss Zelda's down B, which has numerous facts against the phantom, take to the Zelda threads, please.
He literally just said he was joking.

This is a nice looking item. I always play with items on, and I really like the goofy stuff like this that just messes with players. Looking forward to it!

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the pic of the day. Though I haven't played more than 5 minutes of SS, it was a neat item!
He was joking, cmon dude. Fun not allowed or something?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Next time, I suggest adding a /sarcasm somewhere in your post to avoid misunderstandings. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom