• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
i'm using my first and likely only post to tell you that was a really weird metaphor
Yeeeah, sorry about that. My brain says some weird things and I don't always filter it like I should, gets me into more trouble. Also, the fact that this got you to come out of hiding is making me laugh till I cry for some reason and it really shouldn't.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hmm... nice updates so far. An official confirmation of a move and a new item. This week is shaping up to end January with a bang. Wonder when that Nintendo press conference is, I believe there was gonna be one this week? Wasn't that what people were saying?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hmm... nice updates so far. An official confirmation of a move and a new item. This week is shaping up to end January with a bang. Wonder when that Nintendo press conference is, I believe there was gonna be one this week? Wasn't that what people were saying?
Well, more like "Mr. Predictions". Most of us are still skeptical...

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
It is obviously in an attempt to incite discussion. There are the people that think it is an assist trophy, and there are people who think it is part of her move-set. So why destroy all of that potential discussion by just blatantly telling us? :awesome:
it's so obviously not a move I am confused how anyone ever thought differently, she is doing her taunt animation while the assist trophy is in the foreground. They have shown that same taunt from the phantom picture in other photos, showing that it's not part of some phantom-summon-attack

Morbi

Scavenger
it's so obviously not a move I am confused how anyone ever thought differently, she is doing her taunt animation while the assist trophy is in the foreground. They have shown that same taunt from the phantom picture in other photos, showing that it's not part of some phantom-summon-attack
I actually believe that it is part of a new mechanic or move. I am currently working on a text-wall to support that argument, there is actually a lot of evidence that supports the notion. I will tag you when it is ready.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I actually believe that it is part of a new mechanic or move. I am currently working on a text-wall to support that argument, there is actually a lot of evidence that supports the notion. I will tag you when it is ready.
...I need to see this...

Morbi

Scavenger
...I need to see this...
Yes, it will be ready whenever I get around to it. ;)

There is actually a lot of different things we have to take into consideration. I already have like two huge paragraphs, but there is so much more that needs to be done, sadly I have class and a doctors appointment today, so it will have to wait! :awesome:

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Mr. Predictions is wrong. Two Pokemon Trainers?

That seems like a waste of resources.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if there really end up being two Pokemon Trainers...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Dedede was revealed this month, right?

If there's been any consistency to the updates, it's been that we get about one character a month. I wonder who we'll get next month. Wario? Diddy? Or even another newcomer?

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Yes, it will be ready whenever I get around to it. ;)

There is actually a lot of different things we have to take into consideration. I already have like two huge paragraphs, but there is so much more that needs to be done, sadly I have class and a doctors appointment today, so it will have to wait! :awesome:
Whatever evidence you have to say, tell me first your explanation of these different pictures all having the same animation. but only one of them having a phantom.

Morbi

Scavenger
Whatever evidence you have to say, tell me first your explanation of these different pictures all having the same animation. but only one of them having a phantom.

Don't worry, I will cover that in my explanation. However, it should be noted that the second picture is her up-taunt from Brawl, that isn't the new animation.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Don't worry, I will cover that in my explanation. However, it should be noted that the second picture is her up-taunt from Brawl, that isn't the new animation.
It is almost definitely the same animation, she just has an angry face now. There is nothing in the second picture that indicates it is at all different from the others, while all of the model's orientation's match.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Tomorrow is my birthday. I wonder what Sakurai has for me... :colorful:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Dedede was revealed this month, right?

If there's been any consistency to the updates, it's been that we get about one character a month. I wonder who we'll get next month. Wario? Diddy? Or even another newcomer?
Common consensus is Diddy on the 13th.

Now then, to play Devil's Advocate with the Beetle, I have not played Skyward Sword yet. I'm told this tool has two features, boomerang, and remote item dropper. Any particular reason why it can't be both? I mean, tap forward and special to get the boomerang effect and charge it to carry and launch it as a grab and lift? If I err in my assumptions, then explain in detail. I truly am ignorant about this tool.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It is almost definitely the same animation, she just has an angry face now. There is nothing in the second picture that indicates it is at all different from the others, while all of the model's orientation's match.
Looks different to me. In the second pic her hand is above her head, where in the other two it lines up with her face. And it's a different hand, or is that just because that's the one pic where she's facing left and not right?

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Isn't there always at least one 3DS pic a week? If so, then there's at the very least a 33% chance that tomorrow's picture will be a 3DS one. There's something I don't like about 3DS pics. I'm definitely buying both versions, but seeing 3DS pics make me feel a little sadder in the mornings. Maybe because they mean that the pic won't be a new character (all were introduced on Wii U pics, after all). Maybe it's because I look forward to seeing new Wii U stages more than 3DS ones?

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Looks different to me. In the second pic her hand is above her head, where in the other two it lines up with her face. And it's a different hand, or is that just because that's the one pic where she's facing left and not right?
ok, now I definitely see that difference. However, MorbitAltruism still has to show why the third pic does not feature a phantom, as they are undeniably the same animation.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
ok, now I definitely see that difference. However, MorbitAltruism still has to show why the third pic does not feature a phantom, as they are undeniably the same animation.
Yup, that remains questionable to me and it's pretty much the only reason I haven't considered it a move from the get-go. It's possible that it has some sort of cool-down so you can't spam it but she still does the animation for some reason, but I don't know. Seems questionable.

Hong

The Strongest
Then why is Link one of the worst characters in Smash 64 and brawl? He is also only average in Melee. Link would need a serious buff in stats to compete with these newcomers, and a new move would help with that.
I never said anything about whether or not he is good or bad.

Aside from his bow, all of Links moves make for a perfect play style. The boomerang is his most important move, followed by his bombs. It is not that those moves are bad, it is that Link as a whole is bad. You can take his same moves, change some numbers, and suddenly he becomes competitive. Look no further than Project M, which hardly added any new functionality to the character, because he doesn't need any new moves, though his bow could see revisioning/replacement.

If the Beetle replaced Link's boomerang (which it doesn't), he would actually be worse. He would have more breathing room, sure, but pushing the enemy away and only having one good attack (bombs) to capitalize on it, with a character that has awful off-the-stage combat capability, will only serve to make him obnoxious to fight against without really making him a better contender.

Really, all Link needs is some speed and stronger projectiles and he's balanced. Stiff movements and poor recovery, as a Link player, are things I am happy to deal with if my actual strengths are relevant.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I predict, since tomorrow is Wednesday. That Sakuri will post something controversial:happysheep:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Aside from his bow, all of Links moves make for a perfect play style. The boomerang is his most important move, followed by his bombs. It is not that those moves are bad, it is that Link as a whole is bad. You can take his same moves, change some numbers, and suddenly he becomes competitive. Look no further than Project M, which hardly added any new functionality to the character, because he doesn't need any new moves, though his bow could see revisioning/replacement.

If the Beetle replaced Link's boomerang (which it doesn't), he would actually be worse. He would have more breathing room, sure, but pushing the enemy away and only having one good attack (bombs) to capitalize on it, with a character that has awful off-the-stage combat capability, will only serve to make him obnoxious to fight against without really making him a better contender.

Really, all Link needs is some speed and stronger projectiles and he's balanced. Stiff movements and poor recovery, as a Link player, are things I am happy to deal with if my actual strengths are relevant.
This usually makes me wonder if some people just tack on new moves just for the sake of it rather than making said character better with this change or just in general.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Common consensus is Diddy on the 13th.

Now then, to play Devil's Advocate with the Beetle, I have not played Skyward Sword yet. I'm told this tool has two features, boomerang, and remote item dropper. Any particular reason why it can't be both? I mean, tap forward and special to get the boomerang effect and charge it to carry and launch it as a grab and lift? If I err in my assumptions, then explain in detail. I truly am ignorant about this tool.
Have you played the Batman Arkham games? If so, it is very similar to the RC Batarang. Pretty much it can be RC controlled and pick up bombs and stuff... or you can just drive it into things.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

I am a link user as well, and I do not question the boomerang, but arrows are just as important to his game for quick projectiles, but I am saying link needs something new, and I am not recommending the Beatle, a move that will serve link well will be whip, or perhaps the skyward strike, or even megaton hammer, or even a vertical spin attack

Hong

The Strongest
This usually makes me wonder if some people just tack on new moves just for the sake of it rather than making said character better with this change or just in general.
Basically. A lot of people also just want characters for the sake of having them.

Within a week, the majority of us will just field who ever is most fun for us, and at that point all that matters is design direction.

Personally I'll take who ever has the best projectiles. Preferably Link or Samus, but I'll try out the newcomers, of course.
I am a link user as well, and I do not question the boomerang, but arrows are just as important to his game for quick projectiles, but I am saying link needs something new, and I am not recommending the Beatle, a move that will serve link well will be whip, or perhaps the skyward strike, or even megaton hammer, or even a vertical spin attack
Give a reason for each of these moves from a game-design perspective.

Personally I say just make his arrows bomb arrows and give them knockback akin of Samus' missiles in Melee. If not, ice arrows maybe? Freeze at high percentages? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom