• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Tomorow we will know if a nintendo direct will gonna happen

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Basically. A lot of people also just want characters for the sake of having them.

Within a week, the majority of us will just field who ever is most fun for us, and at that point all that matters is design direction.

Personally I'll take who ever has the best projectiles. Preferably Link or Samus, but I'll try out the newcomers, of course.
Give a reason for each of these moves from a game-design perspective.

Personally I say just make his arrows bomb arrows and give them knockback akin of Samus' missiles in Melee. If not, ice arrows maybe? Freeze at high percentages? :D
The whip would be an extremely fast low damage attack, with the possibility of tripping, excellent for combos, megaton hammer would be a heavy hitting move that has slow start up, and it will give link a new k.o. Move he needs, and vertical spin attack would be a faster spin attack with less range, but does more damage and less knock back, these moves could all be useful and while I love the boomerang would be better than the boomerang unless it is seriously buffed

Hong

The Strongest
Out of curiosity, would anyone be opposed to the Skyward strike replacing the bow?
I wouldn't really care about what replaces the bow. It sucks and it isn't interesting.

The boomerang is fairly unique, and is a huge part of Link's game. While it's out, both (or all) players have it on their mind. It can open combos, string combos, and save Link's Hylian toosh plenty of times.

If the bow was to be replaced, make it something INTERESTING. Just straight-up projectile doesn't really add anything to the experience.
The whip would be an extremely fast low damage attack, with the possibility of tripping, excellent for combos,
I could buy that, sans the tripping.
megaton hammer would be a heavy hitting move that has slow start up, and it will give link a new k.o.
Slow heavy-hitters are a thing of the past. They lose relevance as players improve. Besides, Link already has two great punishing attacks.
Move he needs, and vertical spin attack would be a faster spin attack with less range, but does more damage and less knock back,
Maybe as an up-smash replacement. Not special enough to be a Special.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'd like the bow to be more aimable, like Pit's arrows. Except in 8 directions. And, the occasional Ice Arrow, Fire Arrow, Bomb Arrow and Light Arrow to boot.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
i seriously don't get how people can think the beetle is link's move...
and while i'm on the subject, i can't believe mega man was a surprise to people...
wh-what? oh sorry just thinking out loud :chuckle:

okay for tomorrow i predict:
1: it will be on the mario galaxy stage
2: SAAWWWNAACK will be present
3: so will olimar
4: something will be exploding

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
i seriously don't get how people can think the beetle is link's move...
and while i'm on the subject, i can't believe mega man was a surprise to people...
wh-what? oh sorry just thinking out loud :chuckle:

okay for tomorrow i predict:
1: it will be on the mario galaxy stage
2: SAAWWWNAACK will be present
3: so will olimar
4: something will be exploding
Who thought the Beetle was a new move? Sakurai said it was an item.....

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Who thought the Beetle was a new move? Sakurai said it was an item.....
While I don't believe it is a new special here is possibly why they think that. Take a close look at the launcher? The shade of green is the exact same as links tunic, also the designs on the launcher are very similar to links gauntlets

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Whatever evidence you have to say, tell me first your explanation of these different pictures all having the same animation. but only one of them having a phantom.

Forgive me if this has already been cleared up, but:

1. That thing everyone else said it was
2. Taunt
3. Fire

ok, now I definitely see that difference. However, MorbitAltruism still has to show why the third pic does not feature a phantom, as they are undeniably the same animation.
If they are the same, then I say both are Fire.

Whatever evidence you have to say, tell me first your explanation of these different pictures all having the same animation. but only one of them having a phantom.

Because the Phantom is elsewhere. If she can summon a Phantom it probably stays around for a few minutes, when she uses the move again it does nothing.

The middle picture is also her taunt. :upsidedown:

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Excited to see how this works.
Do you think you can control where you send it? Before and after it has an enemy?
Or do you think it'll just be a throw straight, lift straight up in the air?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Excited to see how this works.
Do you think you can control where you send it? Before and after it has an enemy?
Or do you think it'll just be a throw straight, lift straight up in the air?
My guess is you throw it and can control it, but it goes straight up afterwards. Well not straight up, that'd look weird, but not in your control basically. I feel like if you could control it, it wouldn't let you hit them in the air, but maybe that's exactly what's meant to be comical about it.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I'm guessing that it will be violently misunderstood (that's right, misunderstood to the point of a normally non-sequitorial adjective needing to be brought into use).

Also, someone will find a Ridley tie-in, most likely Vintage (don't let me down!)

That being said, I'm going to leave now, because if I stay, I won't be able to get off until ReallyShyGuy makes me (ironically) unable to sleep.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yes, it will be ready whenever I get around to it. ;)

There is actually a lot of different things we have to take into consideration. I already have like two huge paragraphs, but there is so much more that needs to be done, sadly I have class and a doctors appointment today, so it will have to wait! :awesome:
I look forward to seeing that when you're done. :)

i predict tommorrow we will get something argument worthy.
Probably, it wouldn't be another day in Smash speculation unless we had something to argue about. :p

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
We're going to get something big this week. Surely Nintendo investors will feel much better about their investment if they see an awesome Newcomer reveal, or Capt. Falcon.

Fares612

Smash Apprentice
I promised myself I was going to be early and check for the update in the morning but here I am...

PWN3

Smash Apprentice

"Pic of the day. You can find this statue of the Goddess of Light in one of the stages. She's watching over the arena."

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pic of the day. You can find this statue of the Goddess of Light in one of the stages. She's watching over the arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom