• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Neat Item... For a second I thought is was Link's New Side-B. :D

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Shut the hell up.
The fact that there's a picture with Zelda imposing her hand in front of a Phantom Knight clearly means that 1) that's her down-B 2) Sheik has been cut 3) Impa has been added to the roster.

If you're stupid and you can't see the connection it's not my problem.
That sound serious.
sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. 1.
    the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
You wern't mocking him unless you were serious.
Also, gosh your right. It's ridiculous to think someone would ever tell someone
to shut up. It's not like that ever happens.

Sarcasm.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so... i guess if you snipe someone with this item off the edge, it could carry them into the blast zone.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
That sound serious.
sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. 1.

Sarcasm.
He was mocking people who actually think that the phantom is Zelda's new Down b and sheik is replaced.
Seriously, he said shut up and called the guy stupid for not believing such a far fetched claim as that is. if that's not obviously sarcasm, i don't know what is.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
That sound serious.
sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. 1.

Sarcasm.
Quoting a dictionary to prove a point is still a thing?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
He was mocking people who actually think that the phantom is Zelda's new Down b and sheik is replaced.
Seriously, he said shut up and called the guy stupid for not believing such a far fetched claim as that is. if that's not obviously sarcasm, i don't know what is.
He wasn't mocking him UNLESS he was serious. And he has no right to tell one to shut up.
Also, I will repeat the point Vintage ignored:

"Also, gosh your right. It's ridiculous to think someone would ever tell someone

Sarcasm."

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
This was done 2 hours ago, it doesn't need to be discussed here further.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
He wasn't mocking him UNLESS he was serious. And he has no right to tell one to shut up.

"Also, gosh your right. It's ridiculous to think someone would ever tell someone

Sarcasm."
*random post so you can continue to amuse me*

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

Sarcasm."
Well i guess you completely ignored my statement, so i'll say it again. he was mocking the people who actually believe the phantom is zelda's new down b and that shiek will be replaced. The definition does not state that sarcasm needs to be insulting of the person you are talking to, something you clearly missed.

And the phrase shut up has nothing to do with this. It was simply part of his sarcastic response, which was showing contempt for the impatience of the people he was mocking.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I can imagine this thing to be pretty devistating near the edge of the screen, whether it's up top or near the side.

Lovin' the creative new items.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Well i guess you completely ignored my statement, so i'll say it again. he was mocking the people who actually believe the phantom is zelda's new down b and that shiek will be replaced. The definition does not state that sarcasm needs to be insulting of the person you are talking to, something you clearly missed.

And the phrase shut up has nothing to do with this. It was simply part of his sarcastic response, which was showing contempt for the impatience of the people he was mocking.
What he was saying, is he was joking. He used sarcasm as if he meant the opposite of what he said, which is also what sarcasm is commonly used as. I see your point, but not his.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Cool your jets.
This is why I detest sarcasm.
Irony is a cool guy, though.

Let us be brothers at the table of admiring Beedle's new item.
Er, wait, that's the beetle item, darn it.
I never played Skyward Sword.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Might be late to say my thoughts on the new item but here goes: I LOVE IT. SS might not have been my most fave Zelda-game but Beetle was a neat thing to use, so I'm glad they added it here.

Not to mention how ingeniously it's implemented, and it really brings humor to the battle. Wonder if the character you control gets to control the beetle too for combo setups or bringing them near hazards/edge.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Might be late to say my thoughts on the new item but here goes: I LOVE IT. SS might not have been my most fave Zelda-game but Beetle was a neat thing to use, so I'm glad they added it here.

Not to mention how ingeniously itäs implemented, and it really brings humor to the battle. Wonder if the character you control gets to control the beetle too for combo setups or bringing them near hazards/edge.
If I were to guess, the beetle would simply act on its own, and depending on the target's current damage, he/she may be able to break free before the beetle flies off.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
What bothers me is the fact that Sakurai has yet to say anything about that Phantom, when he's covered most everything else pretty quickly, well, except for Villager's Gyroid ride...

Morbi

Scavenger
What bothers me is the fact that Sakurai has yet to say anything about that Phantom, when he's covered most everything else pretty quickly, well, except for Villager's Gyroid ride...
It is obviously in an attempt to incite discussion. There are the people that think it is an assist trophy, and there are people who think it is part of her move-set. So why destroy all of that potential discussion by just blatantly telling us? :awesome:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
It is obviously in an attempt to incite discussion. There are the people that think it is an assist trophy, and there are people who think it is part of her move-set. So why destroy all of that potential discussion by just blatantly telling us? :awesome:
Very true, Missie. Very true. Still, this isn't exactly something you let simmer this long or the broth is spoiled by the time it's served.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
This new Beetle item looks pretty cool and fun. Glad to see Skyward Sword getting some more representation. Although, these questions first popped up when I first saw the item:

- How will this item work? Will it just fly in a straight path (or maybe home in), grab the opponent, can carry them away to which the player has no control over? Or can the player control the path of the Beetle?
- Is the Beetle indestructible?
- Can it pick up opponents in water? If they're buried?
- Will the Beetle make that adorable fluttering noise once it's launched? :3
- WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF TWO BEETLES COLLIDE!!??

So many questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom