• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Hehe.

Well I think it could be Donkey Kong or Metroid ... who knows though. It's very different looking ... could end up being some sort of cave from Zelda. I was thinking the first dungeon in Skyward Sword.

And yeah .... sorry about the whole 'mk bj' thing i started. I found it hilarious and had to tell someone. Let's just end it there and stick to smash ....

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
My question is, whatever this stage is, why is it so empty? No enemies, no items, no other players. Nothing. Just Mario and platforms.
In my opinion, this is because it looks like the waiting area from boss mode rush in Brawl, or perhaps some sort of a transition room for all-star mode. Or its just Sakurai trolling to troll. That's always plausible.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I would trade wave dashing or attack cancelling for adventure mode all day err day. Hell I would trade the bumper item for adventure mode and I hate items.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
In my opinion, this is because it looks like the waiting area from boss mode rush in Brawl, or perhaps some sort of a transition room for all-star mode. Or its just Sakurai trolling to troll. That's always plausible.
explain the pit in the room

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Have you ever seen a stage like that in any DKC game? I dont see why your so against it being a adventure mode type thing. Just because he said it wouldn't be a story mode feature like subspace does not mean it cant be adventure-like.
Because the SSE was literally the worst thing to happen to smash, and I'm still reeling from the pain it caused.

A new Adventure mode/all star mode/classic mode thing? Sure, that'd be fun, I wouldn't mind. Just don't make me suffer through the SSE again.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Because the SSE was literally the worst thing to happen to smash, and I'm still reeling from the pain it caused.

A new Adventure mode/all star mode/classic mode thing? Sure, that'd be fun, I wouldn't mind. Just don't make me suffer through the SSE again.
Melodramatic: The Post.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Subspace ate up so much of Brawl's development time, so I'm glad it's gone. Plus unless if you're planning on doing a Let's Play of it you're only gonna be playing through it once and never look back.
SSE literally gave me *** cancer
Robots don't get cancer, they get rusty.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Subspace ate up so much of Brawl's development time, so I'm glad it's gone. Plus unless if you're planning on doing a Let's Play of it you're only gonna be playing through it once and never look back.

I had too much alcohol. Or too little alcohol. Or not just the right amount.

But seriously, the point about it eating so much development time is my main gripe.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I have to agree that SSE was one of the worst things to happen to Brawl for a number of reasons.
And honestly, I'm not even a fan of the one thing that people liked about it [the "character interactions" and the cutscenes]. I liked 3~4 specific cutscenes, and that's pretty much it.

What I'm trying to say is, I hope this new Adventure Mode will be more like Melee's 2 first stages.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Im guessing its going to be like subspace, but with simple/no cutscenes, and levels like melee, but longer, along with a subspace like map.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919

RANDOM QUESTION: Where is your avatar from?

And to stay relevant, I'm pretty sure this is an adventure mode--no point in having a solo pic if there wasn't a substantial single player mode. 3DS is likely getting a better focus on it though.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Come on!!!!!!!!!

And to stay relevant, I'm pretty sure this is an adventure mode--no point in having a solo pic if there wasn't a substantial single player mode. 3DS is likely getting a better focus on it though.
Yeah, because didn't he say he wanted to 3DS version to be more focused on leveling up characters and then bringing them to the Wii U version?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Doesn't really look like it's based on any franchise in the game currently. I'm guessing it's original to Smash.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I just want the adventure mode to have a grand scale, cutscenes or not...bunch of assholes dissing on SSE even though it was amazing.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Isn't it the same thing we saw in the E3 trailer? The place everyone said looked like Donkey Kong Country? Everyone is thinking this is something different like Luigi's Mansion because of the green veiny things on the trees right? Maybe Sakurai is having fun playing with people's expectations again. It may just be the DK inspired area that has been infected with some kind of story element. Not a story like Subspace, but I expect a story nonetheless. Nothing character specific but some sort of story you can go through as any character where DK's forest has some problem because Dr. Wily did a thing or the undead monsters from Fire Emblem are appearing there and so on and so on. Just a guess~

Anyway, I expect Wario for the next update. It's apparently his anniversary and Ashley's recent appearance has already hinted towards him. I also don't think he has any games coming soon? So...now would be the only chance that makes sense that I know of.

jarma5

Smash Rookie

where did you pull this from?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Anyway, I expect Wario for the next update. It's apparently his anniversary and Ashley's recent appearance has already hinted towards him. I also don't think he has any games coming soon? So...now would be the only chance that makes sense that I know of.
I'd expect Wario if he was in the first Smash, which btw also has an anniversary tomorrow.
But since he wasn't, I'd say that Yoshi, Ness, or Cap would make the most sense.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Come on!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, because didn't he say he wanted to 3DS version to be more focused on leveling up characters and then bringing them to the Wii U version?
Wasn't he against that? Saying it could be repetitive for people? I think it was in "Iwata Asks" that he said that.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'd expect Wario if he was in the first Smash, which btw also has an anniversary tomorrow.
But since he wasn't, I'd say that Yoshi, Ness, or Cap would make the most sense.
Or Jigglypuff. It's either the 4 remaining 64 reps or Wario. Of course, there is also a good chance we won't see a character until TF for Diddy, but I do find having one more this month likely.

Sakurai should honestly just picture Falcon, Jiggz, Yoshi, and Ness together to make us happy.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The thing about that though, is that Yoshi is most likely to be revealed along side either of his 2 new games, one coming out in March I believe, and Ness, Falcon, and Jiggly I'm guessing will stay secrets. Celebrating 64's anniversary with just one of the secret characters we all know of would be weird too. Maybe todays update was celebrating Smash's anniversary as we took a deeper look into the adventure mode?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The thing about that though, is that Yoshi is most likely to be revealed along side either of his 2 new games, one coming out in March I believe, and Ness, Falcon, and Jiggly I'm guessing will stay secrets. Celebrating 64's anniversary with just one of the secret characters we all know of would be weird too. Maybe todays update was celebrating Smash's anniversary as we took a deeper look into the adventure mode?
Or, he'll give us a goofy picture with Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby...

Louie G.

Smash Hero

I will legitimately eat my shorts if this guy isn't a secret character.
That's actually what I'm expecting.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, maybe mimicking a pose on a boxart or intro movie. Yeah, perhaps. But I still expect Wario because I just dont see another chance for it to make sense to reveal him.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
No news on a Direct yet, so there will likely not be one tomorrow, however there could be one by the end of the week. Or, most likely, in early-mid February.

Still, this is not a Japanese release tomorrow. Expect nothing. Maybe recognition of the anniversary, but I'm not assuming we will see a character tomorrow.

Sonsa

Smash Champion

I will legitimately eat my shorts if this guy isn't a secret character.

That's actually what I'm expecting.
Well I mean...he IS Link... I can see him being a starter. Some people prefer Toon Link over Realistic Link after all, so Sakurai is just letting people choose their favorite from the start I guess. (I'm actually really hoping he's a starter because they're taking advantage of their second chance to add Tetra as a character which they tried in Brawl)
I think the only unlockable characters we've seen so far are Megaman and Sonic. And maybe possibly Luigi who was revealed cause Year of Luigi.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well you could just wait for Mario Kart 8.

It is a Japanese release though.
Oh yeahhh Mario Kart 8...thats all the way in Spring though! :o Agh, maybe...but I still feel Wario soon, otherwise he would've held off on showing Ashley...right? No that argument is invalid, they showed Samurai Goroh in Brawl and Falcon was a secret. Well alright, MK8s a possibility. We'll see my theory disproven tonight XP

No, he's IS Link, so that's why he should be unlockable.
There's no reason why 2 Links should or would be starters.
Well I don't think theres a great reason why both Links shouldnt or wouldnt be starters. All I can say is Toon Link's revealed and secret characters are usually kept secret. I can't prove that Toon Link's a starter but we'll see I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I don't think theres a great reason why both Links shouldnt or wouldnt be starters. All I can say is Toon Link's revealed and secret characters are usually kept secret. I can't prove that Toon Link's a starter but we'll see I guess.
Wasn't Sonic and Snake revealed early on, and then turned out to be unlockable in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom