• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
This thread is not for discussing what characters we want in smash. Please stay on the topic of the pic of the day

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
How does it make it easier to unlock characters when it needs to be unlocked by unlocking all characters?

Ya followin' ?
That´s how unlock all star mode? I forgot, long time that I played since the beginning.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Right, about the pic of the day.

Here are some translations of the caption:

Original Japanese caption:

ここはいったい……?? なお、前作のストーリーモードのようなものはありません。

Literal translation:

Where in the world...?? Furthermore, something similar to the Story Mode of previous game(s) doesn't exist.

Google translation:

"Pic of the day. Here ...... hell? In addition, there is no such thing as the story mode of the previous work."

Official translation:

Where am I……?? To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary."

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Right, about the pic of the day.

Here are some translations of the caption:

Original Japanese caption:

ここはいったい……?? なお、前作のストーリーモードのようなものはありません。

Literal translation:

Where in the world...?? Furthermore, something similar to the Story Mode of previous game(s) doesn't exist.

Google translation:

"Pic of the day. Here ...... hell? In addition, there is no such thing as the story mode of the previous work."

Official translation:

Where am I……?? To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary."
Lol, I hope your not implying that bad google translation means something

ここ (koko) simply means "here"
は (ha) can be a particle, but it's actually used as an interjection here to mean "huh?" or "what?"
いったい (ittai) is a very common phrase used to mean "what the heck?" or "what in the world?"
my literal translation: "Huh, here? What in the world...??" and then he goes on about how this isn't story mode.

Wanted to make that clear before people started going off on some crazy theories haha >_<;

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I hope your not implying that bad google translation means something

ここ (koko) simply means "here"
は (ha) can be a particle, but it's actually used as an interjection here to mean "huh?" or "what?"
いったい (ittai) is a very common phrase used to mean "what the heck?" or "what in the world?"
my literal translation: "Huh, here? What in the world...??" and then he goes on about how this isn't story mode.

Wanted to make that clear before people started going off on some crazy theories haha >_<;
Thanks. : 3

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Please be an Adventure Mode that's better than Melee's and can be played Co-op

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Look pretty different to me.
A really random thought just occurred to me.

What if one of these areas is based on the 3ds game monolith soft is working on? The first and only picture of it depicts a forest. These pictures are incredibly vague....so they're either completely new or based off a game we haven't seen yet.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This thread sure became active during the last few hours.

Anyway, if a Subspace Emissary type of adventure isn't being used, then that might mean that Melee's Adventure Mode scheme may be reused again. As much as I don't want to repeat it over and over with different characters, not dealing with the cutscenes will offer much more free space on the Wii U game disc and 3DS game card.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I think its an adventure mode, prob similar to SSE just no cut scenes and not as lengthy probably a few unique monsters not related to any franchise maybe boss fights again? I just feel the adventure mode will be skimpy this time around just a way to earn trophies and unlock fighters sorry for my Monday morning pessimism ...

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I don't know what to think. I first thought of the all star waiting area from Brawl. Then Metroid came to mind.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can't tell if the picture is a new stage or not I mean I could be the one from the trailer or something different

And maybe even a adventure mode stage

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
That screenshot looks like Rayman, if you strip away all the things that make Rayman's artstyle fresh and appealing.
It looks more like something out of the Bottleship in Metroid Other M.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I hope Wii U gets an adventure mode. It seems to me Sakurai is putting all his best efforts on the 3DS version, and only going as far as good graphics with Wii U :(

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Am I the only one here who LOVES to repeat Melee's Adventure Mode with all of the characters? -.o

The mode is so much fun that I just plain don't get sick of it.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I would like to think that this is a new adventure mode, but only because Mario is the only fighter you can see in that stage, both in the trailer and the Pic of the Day .

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said:
«Pic of the day. Where am I......?? To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary.»

So why are some people guessing it's still something like SSE???

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
My question is, whatever this stage is, why is it so empty? No enemies, no items, no other players. Nothing. Just Mario and platforms.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Would be cool if in the new adventure mode you had options to choose the next stage, like Star Fox 64 without the secret path.

Am I the only one here who LOVES to repeat Melee's Adventure Mode with all of the characters? -.o

The mode is so much fun that I just plain don't get sick of it.
Me too!

vicgur

Smash Ace
Sakurai said:
«Pic of the day. Where am I......?? To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary.»

No one is guessing something like SSE, because Sakurai just said it's not gonna be like SSE. But it's obviously a new type of Adventure Mode.
Sakurai wouldn't mention story modes or SSE if it wasn't a Solo mode.

Or maybe it's a scrolling DKC stage
I don't think he would try to be mysterious like that if it was a new stage.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Alright, nothing gets me more excited than brand new Smsh info, especially when I've been waiting for confirmation of a single player mode since the games announcement. Hoping that it's at least somewhat like SSE, but retains uniqueness since it is of course a brand new Adventure mode.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe it's a scrolling DKC stage
Have you ever seen a stage like that in any DKC game? I dont see why your so against it being a adventure mode type thing. Just because he said it wouldn't be a story mode feature like subspace does not mean it cant be adventure-like.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Sakurai said:

It could mean a lot of things by saying that:

1) He could mean the mode has not an actual plot like Subspace Emissary but works exactly the same, with scrolling stages and common enemies with the usual boss at the end.
2) He could mean the mode has an actual plot but differs gameplay-wise from Subspace Emissary.
3) He could mean the story mode is completely different from anything we've seen on Smash Bros.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Admittedly, the level looks like something from a Rayman game more then a DKC game. Now i'm not saying Rayman is in the game. I just doubt that it's a DKC Adventure Mode stage.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
If theres an adventure mode i'm praying for it to have levels based on Nintendo games like Melee, rather than generic "original" levels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom