• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh. Okay. Well I'll "start".

I hope that it's like Melee's, only you can set "bookmarks" and there are branching paths.

For example, you always start in the basic Mushroom Kingdom stage. But if go down a certain pipe, you go to an underground section where you encounter and battle Luigi.
Or you could take an different path behind some rolling boulders and find a Launch Star that takes you to Maro Galaxy where you fight Rosalina.

Stuff like that. But only if there are shortcuts too, if you're just looking to beat the mode with a specific charactr and get a trophy.

edit: Just noticed the "Bookmarks" bit and the "Shortcuts" bit completely contradict each other.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Dunno about you guys, but it kinda reminds me of the stage Mario was jumping around at e3.

I know it doesn't really look much like it, but maybe they're related some how?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dunno about you guys, but it kinda reminds me of the stage Mario was jumping around at e3.

Just because the individual snapshots look different doesn't the stages look static.
If you look at both of those pictures, you can see the circular stone structure in both, but the environment looks considerably different.

Who's to say they aren't the same stage from different locations?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

The platforms look pretty different from the pic-of-the-day.

Today's pic looks much more futuristic.

Maybe it is Metroid...

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Just because the individual snapshots look different doesn't the stages look static.
If you look at both of those pictures, you can see the circular stone structure in both, but the environment looks considerably different.

Who's to say they aren't the same stage from different locations?
They are the same stage, it was pretty much clear that they were at e3. I was comparing them with the pic of the day stage. Probably should've been clear on that.. haha

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Something tells me this is probably an area from Luigi's Mansion 2. didn't that game also have some trees with some green lights on them and all? Or maybe I just don't remember correctly since I haven't played the game anymore for a while.... :/
That might be. This DOES remind me of it. And can I see the full image of your avatar Kenith? I just wanna see in a bigger view how Rayman does look compared to the stage.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The platforms look pretty different from the pic-of-the-day.

Today's pic looks much more futuristic.

Maybe it is Metroid...
Besides the platforms the artstyle and the whole environment is not very Metroid-like.

I'll admit that the first thing that sprang to my mind was Rayman, which is pretty confusing for me as I wouldn't expect him in Smash.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
That's what I meant. Of course the first two are the same, I was referring to the new stage.
ok, now I'm starting to get what you're saying. The stages do look similar and the pic Sakurai just put in could've been before the stone circular platforms. Either way it looks freaking gorgeous for 3DS quality. Then again this the same guy who made Kid Icarus Uprising

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah, I knew there was a reason why we didn't see that DK/tree zone featured at the beginning of the trailer after the reveal not even once: it's probably a stage of the new adventure mode.
This one is different though, and doesn't remind me of any Nintendo franchise to be honest. The design and art style makes me think it's probably an original place like the Subspace Emissary. Or maybe the All-Star mode (I hope not since I hate it).
Interesting update anyway, but again I expect an info blowout soon because we really don't know **** about this game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't understand your avatar. I've played Origins and Legends (loved them both) but I don't remember a stage like that.
Really? I was sure it looked like something out of Rayman.

Interesting update anyway, but again I expect an info blowout soon because we really don't know **** about this game.
I hope so. It really bothers me this game is coming out this year and we know nothing about it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That stage looks suspiciously like Rayman. If Rayman gets in. This would be against what Sakurai said about guest characters prior.

I don't know about you, I like Rayman, but he's definitely not a ''special case."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That stage looks suspiciously like Rayman. If Rayman gets in. This would be against what Sakurai said about guest characters prior.

I don't know about you, I like Rayman, but he's definitely not a ''special case."
What exactly did Sakurai say about Guest characters?

and WHEN?

Cause if it was during Brawl, he also said the animal crossing villager couldn't be a character

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

and WHEN?

Cause if it was during Brawl, he also said the animal crossing villager couldn't be a character
He said they needed to be "legendary."

And he said it about Megaman's inclusion in SSB4.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

and WHEN?

He said something after last E3 that adding 3rd party characters were special cases and that you shouldn't expect a lot of them.

D

Deleted member

Dunno about you, but when I've seen today's caption,

this track came immediately to my mind.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i know its probobly nothing but the trees remind me of the one xerneus was before it awakened

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know, pretty much everyone is saying it... but my initial impression of the stage was "Rayman" and I do not even play those games. I am glad that I am not alone, at the same time... Rayman? Haha... no.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'd really love Rayman stuff in Smash, but I don't want most or all of it to focus on the newer games like Origins or Legends.

I want a lot of content from Rayman 1 and Rayman 2.

I actually had a weird dream a few hours ago where I was in one of my old houses with a bunch of friends over, and Sakurai came to the house and showed me the final roster for SSB4 in private. It really wasn't all that great, having a low number of newcomers, but it had Tingle and Rayman. Tingle had these funny beady eyes.

----

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway, tomorrow is the day I'm banking on getting something good out of this week.
Today was a nice start off though, already beats last week entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom