• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nope. Some think it's Metroid, some think it's Rayman, some think it's Adventure mode, some think it's Luigi's Mansion.
Sakurai, you evil *******.
Maybe it's a combination of a couple of different franchises? I mean, Smash Bros is the ultimate crossover game after all, would be fun to combine worlds like Metroid, LoZ and Luigi's Mansion to make this haunted forest with some tech stuff in it for one Adventure Mode stage, then the next could have something like Kirby, Donkey Kong and Fire Emblem, etc.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Maybe it's a combination of a couple of different franchises? I mean, Smash Bros is the ultimate crossover game after all, would be fun to combine worlds like Metroid, LoZ and Luigi's Mansion to make this haunted forest with some tech stuff in it for one Adventure Mode stage, then the next could have something like Kirby, Donkey Kong and Fire Emblem, etc.
Sounds like PSASBR.

Morbi

Scavenger
As long as they keep it in Adventure Mode, where I don't have to deal with cross-over stages every match... I am fine. I have to admit, this stage looks adorbs.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Sounds like PSASBR.
PSABR's idea of mixing franchises was one of the few good ideas about the game, the problem was they did it horribly.
LocoRoco / Metal Gear stage... My God. A few of them were actually nice though, like the God Of War / Patapon one.

Morbi

Scavenger
PSABR's idea of mixing franchises was one of the few good ideas about the game, the problem was they did it horribly.
LocoRoco / Metal Gear stage... My God. A few of them were actually nice though, like the God Of War / Patapon one.
I really liked the Ratchet and Clank/God of War stage too. Some of the transitions ruined some of the stages though. Overall, I liked the concept, it was worth enduring the bad stages for the good ones.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tomorrow is either a veteran like Yoshi, Captain Falcon or Ness. If we get anything special that is.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It's obviously from Star Wars. :troll:

Disney is gonna buy Nintendo. Sh*t Sakurai is working for Disney. Disney Smash Brothers.

Sorry guys...i've been stoned all day.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It's unfortunate that the game cut the Gravity Rush / Journey stage. That one would've been pretty hype.

Morbi

Scavenger
Tomorrow is either a veteran like Yoshi, Captain Falcon or Ness. If we get anything special that is.
What about Wario though, doesn't he have some special anniversary or something too? Along with the Ashley reveal... maybe it is just too obvious.

Other than that, Yoshi has a big release coming out later. So I am not expecting him.

Ness... haha... it will probably be him, as I do not really want to see him anytime soon. Irony.

Captain FALCON PAAAUUUNCCCCCCH? Yes please, good sir. :falconmelee:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
What about Wario though, doesn't he have some special anniversary or something too? Along with the Ashley reveal... maybe it is just too obvious.

Other than that, Yoshi has a big release coming out later. So I am not expecting him.

Ness... haha... it will probably be him, as I do not really want to see him anytime soon. Irony.

Captain FALCON PAAAUUUNCCCCCCH? Yes please, good sir. :falconmelee:
Sakurai should really consider adding Captain Falcon's "YESH" after a succesful Knee Of Justice.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I really liked the Ratchet and Clank/God of War stage too. Some of the transitions ruined some of the stages though. Overall, I liked the concept, it was worth enduring the bad stages for the good ones.
Eh that one didn't work out really well imho. Especially for the graphics, for some reason that seemed to me like was low-poly in comparison to the others. The Hydra looked bad, but I liked the idea of them eating Captain Qwark LOL. In general, they really understood the spirit behind the games (like the Parappa / Killzone, or the Resistance / Ape Escape stage) but sometimes they forced it too much. MediEvil / Unfinished Swan was incredibly bad especially since it was DLC.

Also, and that's a problem involving every single stage, they became repetitive and boring very quickly. At the second/third match at tops you realized they all always followed the same pattern, the background was always acting the same. That wouldn't be a problem because Smash Bros. is like that too, but has an overall better level design and gameplay so you don't notice that. PSABR was mostly a simple line with a different background. The one who tried to do something different (Little Big Planet / Quiz game I don't remember) was gimmicky and ugly as ****.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai should really consider adding Captain Falcon's "YESH" after a succesful Knee Of Justice.
... ... ... That is the best idea EVER. Why is this not a thing?

In all seriousness, although the above is also in all seriousness, Captain Falcon is LITERALLY the best possible 15th anniversary reveal. If it doesn't happen, I will probably cry. I am planning on staying up and waiting for the reveal live. If it isn't the Falcon... I am going to be the first user to post, "what the hell is this ****ing bull-****?"

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
We aren't getting a character tomorrow, unless they announce a Sm4sh Direct or something (wishful thinking). We're getting SOMETHING alright, but we surely got too many new guys in the last month.

My prediction: the glorious return of Board The Platforms. Would make so much sense.
Or maybe a retro Smash64 stage in HD (Saffron City?).

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
... ... ... That is the best idea EVER. Why is this not a thing?

In all seriousness, although the above is also in all seriousness, Captain Falcon is LITERALLY the best possible 15th anniversary reveal. If it doesn't happen, I will probably cry. I am planning on staying up and waiting for the reveal live. If it isn't the Falcon... I am going to be the first user to post, "what the hell is this ****ing bull-****?"
That and his moveset is based on the characters from Dragon King: The Fighters. He's so called the "First" character in Smash.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just an idea but I thought it could be something like Board the Platforms or maybe a specially designed 3DS feature?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not really expecting anything big tommorow unless a Nintendo Direct is confirmed sometime today. At this point in time I'm guessing the Bumper or Break the Targets.

Morbi

Scavenger
Eh that one didn't work out really well imho. Especially for the graphics, for some reason that seemed to me like was low-poly in comparison to the others. The Hydra looked bad, but I liked the idea of them eating Captain Qwark LOL. In general, they really understood the spirit behind the games (like the Parappa / Killzone, or the Resistance / Ape Escape stage) but sometimes they forced it too much. MediEvil / Unfinished Swan was incredibly bad especially since it was DLC.

Also, and that's a problem involving every single stage, they became repetitive and boring very quickly. At the second/third match at tops you realized they all always followed the same pattern, the background was always acting the same. That wouldn't be a problem because Smash Bros. is like that too, but has an overall better level design and gameplay so you don't notice that. PSABR was mostly a simple line with a different background. The one who tried to do something different (Little Big Planet / Quiz game I don't remember) was gimmicky and ugly as ****.
Yeah, I didn't really think the stage worked either. I just really liked the transition and how significantly it contrasted the original stage. I always have fun there, even with the annoying treadmill conveyor-belt BS.

We aren't getting a character tomorrow, unless they announce a Sm4sh Direct or something (wishful thinking). We're getting SOMETHING alright, but we surely got too many new guys in the last month.

My prediction: the glorious return of Board The Platforms. Would make so much sense.
Or maybe a retro Smash64 stage in HD (Saffron City?).
Crush my hopes and dreams, why? What do you have to gain from this?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I want something special to happen tomorrow. But at the same time I not expecting much.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah, I didn't really think the stage worked either. I just really liked the transition and how significantly it contrasted the original stage. I always have fun there, even with the annoying treadmill conveyor-belt BS.

Crush my hopes and dreams, why? What do you have to gain from this?
1) The contrast work pretty well sometimes, that is true. Again, the God Of War / Patapon was so good, even if boring as ****. The God Of War / Ratchet & Clank one simply look kinda sad to me, it was very grey even when the Hydra wasn't around.

2) Your tears taste delicious.

Morbi

Scavenger
I want something special to happen tomorrow. But at the same time I not expecting much.
I don't know, it is the anniversary of Smash after all. It would just seem odd to not introduce SOMETHING. I mean, my sister is usually entirely pessimistic about anything special happening... and even she thinks something is going to happen. That doesn't really mean much to anyone aside from myself, of course. But still, I am shocked she thinks we will get anything. Usually she is anti-reveal. Her confidence has emanated from her very being and consumed me with positivity.

So, I suppose I will be let-down tomorrow. :awesome:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591

Look pretty different to me.
it does look like there all story mode pics though, plus there all from the 3ds, hoping all single player content is just for 3ds that way they dont have to waste time programming 2 story mods

Kon

Smash Journeyman

Look pretty different to me.
The first two seem to be inspired by DKCR, while the last one looks a bit like in Metroid: Other M where you have an area with plants. Also the plattforms on todays pic of the day look more Metroid like than DK like, while the plattforms on the first and second pic look more DK like. It's just the way it looks to me. Seems the first two are connected to each other and the last one seems to be on a different part of the story mode. We'll have to wait for a trailer showing this in action.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking Rayman when I first saw the photo.

Highly unlikely though... Probably some new side scrolling adventure mode level.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
it does look like there all story mode pics though, plus there all from the 3ds, hoping all single player content is just for 3ds that way they dont have to waste time programming 2 story mods
Well, Sakurai explained the 3DS version will have a different kind of mode/feature.

"While there will be no story mode, Sakurai assured that the 3DS version would include a feature that would "act as a separate mode from the standard versus play."

See the link below:

http://kotaku.com/the-next-super-smash-bros-wont-have-a-story-mode-or-c-906856304

So yeah, the three pics can hint the different mode/feature.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I hope that Wii U version have some single player mode too. Besides classic mode.

D

Deleted member

Id Rather have an actual good character.
^Throwing down the real talk. I like it.

I get why people want Pac-Man. He's a classic, well loved Namco arcade icon...but I have to say I'm in the same boat of not really wanting a character slot wasted on him, especially when Namco/Bandai has such a huge cast of characters that would be more fitting for a game like Smash Bros.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I get why people want Pac-Man. He's a classic, well loved Namco arcade icon...but I have to say I'm in the same boat of not really wanting a character slot wasted on him, especially when Namco/Bandai has such a huge cast of characters that would be more fitting for a game like Smash Bros.
Dig Dug for Smash!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom