• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well I don't think theres a great reason why both Links shouldnt or wouldnt be starters. All I can say is Toon Link's revealed and secret characters are usually kept secret. I can't prove that Toon Link's a starter but we'll see I guess.
I just think that Sakurai will reveal everyone before release.
That's just me though.
Wasn't Sonic and Snake revealed early on, and then turned out to be unlockable in Brawl?
Yeah, but they're 3rd party, I think that's an exception.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wasn't Sonic and Snake revealed early on, and then turned out to be unlockable in Brawl?
Well, they are third parties. But there really are no exceptions.

Right now, Sakurai seems to just reveal characters regardless of status in previous games. Sonic, Luigi, Toon Link, and Marth. All previously unlockable characters since their debut. He even made a comment on it when he revealed Luigi. As I recall, he was like "Why not reveal Luigi now?" He really just doesn't care this time around.
I just think that Sakurai will reveal everyone before release.
That's just me though.
I think there will be some characters he won't reveal, veterans like Ganondorf, R.O.B., Game & Watch. But he will probably just try to reveal whatever he wants.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, but they're 3rd party, I think that's an exception.
Not really, they could've easily been starters. It would've worked well too, having the two most hyped characters at the start.
But, to bring in a few others... Rmember Luigi? How 'bout Marth? Two unlockable characters, revealed to us... It's not like Toon Link's the only one...
Edit: Ninja'd.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I question the seemingly bottomless pit there, but you may be on to something.

I was trying to connect all that glowing to something in Xenoblade.
I seriously can't think of any other series it can belong to other than a smash bros original

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's obviously not the new All-Stars mode (which, again, I hope gets scrapped).
And at this point I'm pretty sure it's not based on an actual franchise either, or someone would've located it somewhere.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The lack of character monitors and Heart Containers in the pic doesn't help.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
The glowing effects kind remember me the metroid locations, but the way the background was made looks like a rayman stage. But who knows.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I seriously can't think of any other series it can belong to other than a smash bros original
Maybe it is Adventure Mode. Cause why would Sakurai say "it's not from an SSE-like mode" if it's supposed to be "just a stage"?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'd expect Wario if he was in the first Smash, which btw also has an anniversary tomorrow.
But since he wasn't, I'd say that Yoshi, Ness, or Cap would make the most sense.
"In celebration of Smash Bros's anniversary, let's take another glimpse at Luigi's nose. Glorious. Enjoy!"

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
well its viable enough to be one. it has 2 platforms and a background.. It doesn't necessarily have to be from a series.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone played Xeniblade chronicles? If so, could this be a stage from that game? Or maybe it is from "X".

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I was not joking, I love Dig Dug (the classic one). But I don´t have hope :/

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I thought it reminded me of the resting place for certain modes in Brawl (i.e. Boss Rush Mode, All-Stars Mode)

I just want the adventure mode to have a grand scale, cutscenes or not...bunch of *******s dissing on SSE even though it was amazing.
It really wasn't. It was a longer repetitive version of Kirby Super Star with smash bros. characters that took up half the memory of the disk and more than half of the development time. The effort an energy could have been used to put more content in multiplayer and refining functions like the stage builder.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It really wasn't. It was a longer repetitive version of Kirby Super Star with smash bros. characters that took up half the memory of the disk and more than half of the development time. The effort an energy could have been used to put more content in multiplayer and refining functions like the stage builder.
Sounds rude, but is the truth.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
This, forever this.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Last I checked this isn't the Dig Dug thread. :p
We get off topic a lot waiting for the next pic though :p.

And I hate to sound like a party pooper, but if any Namco rep is actually going to appear in the game, we all know its gonna be Pac-Man guys. He's still the mascot for it, there's no way around it. But if anything, maybe Dig-Dug for Assist? That'd be pretty neat.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
AND THE CHARACTERS! DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CHARACTERS!

Also balance.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
It reminds me of Find me II a little bit super-smash-bros-for-3ds-dark-lord.jpg
but it also makes me think of Xerneus in XY for some reason
It also kinda looks like something from a tales game or some sort of rpg. (But those platforms look sooo generic)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So, no Direct tomorrow apparently, but there's still hope for a picture of something nice.
Somehow, I'm imagining a group shot of all the confirmed characters standing and posing together. And maybe a new character will peek through.

Somehow, if the Mii character were to be playable character, Sakurai will be standing in the group shot in his Mii form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom