• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I find it funny that Sakurai won't show us what any of those assist trophies do. I guess it will remain a mystery.

Edit: Waluigi would definitely be counted as a Mario rep. See his Brawl Dojo update for reference.
Don't respond to it seriously.

Sheesh, and people wonder why I usually blatantly laugh, joke and make faces all of the time.

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
Here's the leak that said Ashley is an AT, if anyone is interested.

Edit: Sorry, I put it in spoiler tags.

• Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • No new Star Fox characters.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
  • Villager has a female costume.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
  • No new Kirby characters.
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
  • Snake returns.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.

A lot of this seems pretty accurate so far! Weeeeeiirrd...

Some are more suspect than others, such as the inclusion of Tingle or Ghirahim....personally I never saw either of them as a realistic options. My prediction still remains Toon Zelda/ Tetra as a semi-clone to Zelda/Sheik, but I will welcome a surprise.

Plus, I think Tingle has better chance than Ghirahim- Tingle has been in both the console games and handheld ones, while G-man is only from one game, which so far, Link and Zelda do not appear to be based on, either.

Moving on, it seems arbitrary to make Diddy and Dixie a tag-team slot, so that also appears suspect. Ice Climbers makes sense as a team- it's what makes them unique, and its derived directly from how their game is played. DK series games don't rely on the same tag-team for the majority of the game, so what would be the point of making Diddy and Dixie play that way?

I am predicting Tom Nook as a secret playable character but an Assist trophy is cool too... this supposed leek has such a detailed account of what he does as an AT, it makes me scared that its true :ohwell: Same goes for a bunch of this post.

I'm almost hoping its NOT all true so the mystery remains alive until we get the game. :p

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Although I cuold care less about Ashley, I do feel bad for all the suporters of her... RIP Ashley.

(She has a terrible fate)

Why are Majora jokes way to much fun to make?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I will say this though, if another Wario Ware character ends up being playable, I will be royally annoyed (at least initially and then I'll get over it like Rosalina). Wario getting another rep always seemed like a stretch but Ashley was the only one who ever seemed interesting enough to make into a fighter. If I absolutely had to bite the bullet and chose I'd go with Mona simply because she's technically "second in command" for the series followed by Jimmy T in a very (as in restraining order length) distant second.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm cool with Mona and she kinda seemed like the most likely potential Wario Ware newcomer to me anyway, alongside Jimmy T and Ashley following behind. (If it would get one that is) But that's just my opinion really. :/

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
[

I'm liking it too...except for the fact that there's no Krystal and MOTHER FLIPPING PAC-MAN (no offense to his supporters)
I meant that nothing on there has really been de-confirmed.

Personally I think Pac Man is not going to be in the game, but you never know...

Krystal... maybe.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm sorry Ashley fans i know you guys were hing she would be playable thats the bad news

The good news at the same time helps wario to be confirmed again

And even more good news why did the banner just go down when next week is the anniversary of smash bros 64

D

Deleted member

Jimmy T for smash 4. Final smash everyone starts dancing in a conga line until they walk or fall off the stage.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not really. Some of the people there are too stupid to even know what the word support means anyway.
Well to be fair, they tried to give a decent argument of why they miss the SSE, and tripping at one point...
...You think I'm joking, don't you.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Dang, Ashley was the only Wario character I wanted. Hopefully she'll get enough popularity to gain inclusion into the next game.

waichingliu81

Smash Cadet
I will say this though, if another Wario Ware character ends up being playable, I will be royally annoyed (at least initially and then I'll get over it like Rosalina). Wario getting another rep always seemed like a stretch but Ashley was the only one who ever seemed interesting enough to make into a fighter. If I absolutely had to bite the bullet and chose I'd go with Mona simply because she's technically "second in command" for the series followed by Jimmy T in a very (as in restraining order length) distant second.
i always thought young cricket would be a great rep for warioware series. he has kung fu moves and smash bros is a fighting game. in fact, i'd rather have him over wario and jimmy T.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
This morning I was genuinely surprised by the pic of the day.

While I've always liked Ashley the chances of her being playable were pretty slim (though I would've rathered her be playable and a Captain Syrup AT) so it's good to see she got into the game at all. ATs are a special class of their own in my books so I'm not disappointed.

Like others I'm wondering what this means for the fate of ninja-girl duo Kat & Ana though. Either way I'm glad Sakurai is beginning to unveil ATs somewhat consistently!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Really? Isn't Gamefaqs is one of the bigger Ashley supporters?
You're thinking of 4chan. Either way, at least they have Waluigi to keep dreaming on about.

I think Kat and Ana's fate depends on whether or not Lati@s return.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
All I care about is that we got a Wario-related reveal altogether.

Hopefully in coming weeks, Sakurai will tease Wario in one of his posts (about Ashley) or even just reveal him altogether.

I wanna see the fat man in HD already.

EDIT: On a side note, I don't think Ashley should have been a playable character anyway. Wario should be the only rep of his series (and if you REALLY need another, pick C. Syrup or Mona. Jimmy T is awesome but definitely not significant enough.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i always thought young cricket would be a great rep for warioware series. he has kung fu moves and smash bros is a fighting game. in fact, i'd rather have him over wario and jimmy T.
Young Cricket is so cookie cutter though plus I'd prefer Mona or Jimmy T since they've been with the series since the beginning.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
All I know about Ashley is her song that was in Brawl, so I guess it's cool that she's in as an Assist Trophy. It's better than not being in the game at all, isn't it?

As for a second Wario representative? I don't think there will be one. Wario himself is enough to represent his "universe," since it's really just a spin-off of Mario's universe anyway.

D

Deleted member

Let's go down the "Supposed Leaked List"

*Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
-So the leaker never mentions Luma? The character is literally called: Rosalina & Luma suspicious right off the bat.

*Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
-This just sounds like a clever lie to make the leak sound more real.

*Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
-Another clever lie to make it seem more real.

*Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
-This one seems believable, but it weird that he gives such an accurate description of what Tom Nook does but doesn't even mention what Fawful will be doing during these attacks.

*Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
-Unless this list was leaked after Dedede this statement is fake, but a reassuring guess considering all the characters we've had that came out coinciding with game releases.

*Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
-This just doesn't seem real.

*King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
-Okay wait a minute, so this person knows King K. Rools final smash, but doesn't mention the final smash for any of the other characters they listed, I mean if you know the final smashes why not leak the Villagers?

*Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
-I could see this happening if King K Rool actually made it into the game.

*There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
-Wow...what? They say at the bottom of the list Pac-Man is the "FINAL" newcomer. How the hell do you know the "FINAL" newcomer without knowing who the new Zelda character is (if there really even is one).

*Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
-Yea considering he was the worst character in brawl, anyone and there mother could predict a buff. Equipping a sword on Down Special just doesn't sound real.

*Chrom is a Fire Emblem newcomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
-Takes a highly predicted charachter and doesn't give any more info, other than the obvious weapon he wields. Ike has a unique moveset anyways, he was never going anywhere.

*Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
This is just knowledge, based on previous character reveals. I could say Yoshi will be revealed when a Yoshi game gets released in Japan and you would probably believe me.

*Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
-Seems plauisble.

*King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
-I guess time will tell, but I seriously don't believe this. Not even a Tharja AT?

*No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
-Sounds like a rational enough guess.

*Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
-So you could leak any damn thing you wanted, but you go and leak this....really now? Not even an item leak?

*The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
-I could see it happening, there are many Warioware chars after all.

*Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
-You win this round, well played.

*Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
-I do not believe this for a damn second.

*No new Star Fox characters.
-This sounds reasonable considering how few games they have, and after brawl I don't think people were happy with a clone trio.

*Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
-And you couldn't share and example?

*Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
-We would all hope so.....

*Villager has a female costume.
-After seeing the Male Fit Trainer, literally anyone could've guessed this.

*Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
-Apparently Resetti made children cry in New leaf, and many players found him annoying in brawl, I HIGHLY doubt this.

*Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
-The leaker really sounds unsure of themselves here, he could be an assist trophy but I don't by into this leak.

*Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
-Again, this is one of the most suspected characters to join the roster, and why not give us more info or a potential release date, like they did with some of the others on this list?

*Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
-He's a major character in the newest game, and he's just the right size to be a AT over some of the other Kid Icarus chars, anyone who played it could guess him.

*All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
-A really good guess.

*Mewtwo returns.
-Again, highly suspected character. Sakurai even said: “We are thinking about it.” at I think it was E3. If I fabricated a smash4 leak list, I'd put Mewtwo on it too.

*Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
-So wait a damn minute, the leaker KNOWS both there movesets and couldn't tell us not even a single move???

*No new Kirby characters.
-Yea I could've guessed this, they got a pretty solid representation.

*Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
-That sounds like one hell of a guess. So who is getting revealed in the spring of 2014?

*No changes made to the EarthBound series.
-Not even a new stage, Assist trophy, or item? Bull.

*All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
-Next to no one was exspecting them to get removed. This is a fairly obvious statement.

*Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
-Another highly suspected charachter, what I find intresting is that this leaker mentions how King. K Rool is the heaviest character, yet doesn't expand on how small/light Little Mac will be.

*The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
-Nearly everyone who saw this: http://prntscr.com/2jkt7r
had a strong feeling this was the case.

*Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
-The way this is worded makes it sound really true, I don't think this will happen tbh.

*King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
-Yea or he could be a Boss....notice how the leaker never mentions any of the many modes smash has.

*The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
-A really good guess considering the year of Luigi, and New Moon.

*Snake returns.
-I will eat my hat if this is true.

*Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
Very, possible and highly suspected, as were most of the things on this FAKE leak list.

Last edited by a moderator:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai has no real reveal schedule, and just does it whenever he feels like it. The guessed dates are a little arbitrary and stupid to add to leaks.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well, anyway, while I am hugely disappointed that Ashley is deconfirmed, as I REALLY wanted her, but I knew she had a slim chance. I'm glad she's an assist trophy, though! I'm pretty happy she's at least being planned for a bigger role than in Brawl!

Well, I have a strange feeling sometime either this week or next we're getting a veteran. My bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom