• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
There's still some hope for a Wario character. I always preferred Mona myself. She's had like a million jobs so her moveset has a lot to draw from. Not to mention her animal buddies.
Maybe we could assume everyone is moving up? Ashley only had a song last game. Now she's physically in the game. Kat and Ana were an assist trophy in the game, there are new duo characters like Rosalina and Luma. Maybe Kat and Ana are another one? They'd move up from assist trophy to playable character.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Maybe we could assume everyone is moving up? Ashley only had a song last game. Now she's physically in the game. Kat and Ana were an assist trophy in the game, there are new duo characters like Rosalina and Luma. Maybe Kat and Ana are another one? They'd move up from assist trophy to playable character.
What does that make Wario? God himself?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tell that to starfy

I say there isn't going to be another Warioware character

Doesn't seem any better than adding Kamek just to have another Yoshi character

Despite the fact I actually like Kamek

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Saki is one of the few characters I'm pretty adamant about returning as a playable character. Not to mention his AT was pretty fun to watch.

And I know I'm not alone in thinking that.
Same here. He was my favorite AT in Brawl (although I'm a bigger fan of Little Mac, Saki had a much better A.I. not to mention superior 3D model).

And I'm still pretty confident he'll be playable, among the hidden characters at least, not the starters.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Saki is one of the few characters I'm pretty adamant about returning as a playable character. Not to mention his AT was pretty fun to watch.

And I know I'm not alone in thinking that.
Yeah, I'd much prefer a high flying, acrobatic gunsword user rather than the likes of Isaac honestly.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 needs a healthy dose of both Wario Land and Wario Ware trophies, stages, and music tracks, moreso with Land.

As for Wario's moveset, I hope they don't take away the Wario Bike and Wario Waft. He already has his signature shoulder charge for his side smash, so they can simply revamp that one a little to make him go farther or to give him the ability to jump when using it.

-----
I support more Wario Land content, but I think Wario needs that bash as a side special. I think people only support the bike because it's the only vehicle move in the game. I think Sakurai should change to the bash and simply give the vehicle idea to another character, maybe mach rider.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Wario, I hope we get a new Wario stage (Or the WarioWare Stage from Brawl, which is fine with me).

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm not familiar with the WarioWare series at all, but is that another new model for an assist trophy? Even as someone who doesn't really play with items, it's nice to see this level of work being put in the game. I don't really see any reason to be down on this update; Ashley is an obscure side character from a relatively lesser franchise. It would have been bizarre for her to be a playable character to say the least.

That leak posted a few pages back is obviously false. The main obviously false point is changing Diddy so dramatically; look at how little most veterans are changed. Even Bowser has the same basic playstyle and most of his moveset returning, and he's being pushed as a notable major overhaul. Diddy was unique, popular, and effective. The idea of him being turned into a completely different sort of character is just odd. That same leak, as far as I can tell, also suggests that the entire Brawl roster returns plus Mewtwo plus a healthy supply of newcomers. That's pretty unrealistic and further defies what we already know; why would Sakurai ever set off the firestorm of complaints by talking about making cuts to the roster in an interview if he was in the end going to cut no one?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I'm not familiar with the WarioWare series at all, but is that another new model for an assist trophy? Even as someone who doesn't really play with items, it's nice to see this level of work being put in the game. I don't really see any reason to be down on this update; Ashley is an obscure side character from a relatively lesser franchise. It would have been bizarre for her to be a playable character to say the least.

That leak posted a few pages back is obviously false. The main obviously false point is changing Diddy so dramatically; look at how little most veterans are changed. Even Bowser has the same basic playstyle and most of his moveset returning, and he's being pushed as a notable major overhaul. Diddy was unique, popular, and effective. The idea of him being turned into a completely different sort of character is just odd. That same leak, as far as I can tell, also suggests that the entire Brawl roster returns plus Mewtwo plus a healthy supply of newcomers. That's pretty unrealistic and further defies what we already know; why would Sakurai ever set off the firestorm of complaints by talking about making cuts to the roster in an interview if he was in the end going to cut no one?
You can tell that it's false because they call Wolf a "semi-clone."

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You can tell that it's false because they call Wolf a "semi-clone."
That's up to each individual's perception of the term. A semi-clone to me is a character who is just loosely based off of another character, which Wolf obviously is.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I support more Wario Land content, but I think Wario needs that bash as a side special. I think people only support the bike because it's the only vehicle move in the game. I think Sakurai should change to the bash and simply give the vehicle idea to another character, maybe mach rider.
Give Wario is shoulder bash as a side special and Mona her scooter! :D

MechaWave

Smash Champion

Yeah, it's a new custom model for Ashley. She didn't appear in Brawl as a trophy, if I recall, but as a sticker. The WarioWare games also don't have many 3D elements (I think?) to some art style standpoint, so it wouldn't be plausible to just rip her model from another game.

And yes, this leak is pretty fake. They're all fake. Diddy and Dixie as a tag team? Get real, doesn't even make sense from a character development view, nor do I understand why people think it'd happen.

D

Deleted member

Apparently the backstory on the leak is complete and utter bull****.

His backstory is that he's rich and organized a field trip to Nintendo and paid Sakurai to tell him...
Lol

Confirmed for fake then. Ofc the "Ridley was downscaled with much effort from the dev team" kinda gave that away to begin with... If you're gonna make fake rumors, at least put some effort into it I say....:rolleyes:

(and no, it's not cause Ridley is a sure bet, it's cause the size argument is ****ing dumb... anyone with any common sense can see that, it's not a programming issue in the least...)

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I don't really see any discussion of what Ashley would do.
Fly around on a broom with red or something? Dark magic? I haven't played much Wario ware, so I don't know...

D

Deleted member

Gus, comparing someone's happiness to Tingle's inclusion is about as cruel as an insult as you can get, I would've preferred you to speak ill of my mother over saying such a nasty thing..

And while I have a strict "no rumor" policy because I don't like being stupid, I'll make an exception because that one mentioned Ghirahim, confirmation or not. :awesome: Rejoice Ghirahim fans, all 5 of us, let your hearts be filled with rainbows!~ :colorful:
Oh Ziggy...

You freverously flamboyant fairy you... :awesome:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
0/4 for today's picture. ouch. i gotta step up my guessing game

if we're on the topic of WarioWare characters, i was thinking Kat & Ana would be a cool duo character. anyone else with me?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's the leak that said Ashley is an AT, if anyone is interested.

Edit: Sorry, I put it in spoiler tags.

• Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • No new Star Fox characters.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
  • Villager has a female costume.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
  • No new Kirby characters.
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
  • Snake returns.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
Please don't taunt us with those rumors. You're obviously putting Zavok's taunts to shame.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wonder what she will do. Would be interesting if she transformed everyone into frogs or something. Her model looks great though! I'm really liking the new ATs.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
And yes, this leak is pretty fake. They're all fake. Diddy and Dixie as a tag team? Get real, doesn't even make sense from a character development view, nor do I understand why people think it'd happen.
Perhaps it is a prophecy that ICs will finally decease by natural causes and be replaced by a superior tag team, hence the title "DKC Tropical Freeze".

Naners>Icies
#get@me

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, it's a new custom model for Ashley. She didn't appear in Brawl as a trophy, if I recall, but as a sticker. The WarioWare games also don't have many 3D elements (I think?) to some art style standpoint, so it wouldn't be plausible to just rip her model from another game.

I agree with you on the rumors. Smash Bros. rumors are just a nasty way to taunt others, but some people can be too naive when reading such material. Sure, some rumors may end up being true, but the more ridiculous rumors are like a red card in that something about them is way off.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Everyone is being overly emotional and vulnerable and very easy to prey on and I don't feel like trolling a single solitary one of you.

Either something is wrong with me or I'm actually feeling a bit sympathetic.

Then again, I would've loved Ashley, honestly. I'm happy enough with her being an Assist Trophy, though. I hope her song is still in the game.

But if Waluigi ended up becoming a playable character over her, I could see some caves full of salt forming across the board.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi would represent the Mario franchise though, so he doesn't count towards potential Wario franchise reps.
By thinking of that way, I guess Waluigi isn't unique enough for being a playable character IMO though.

(B.t.w. I think we have a big enough Mario rep and they should expand the other reps.)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Waluigi would represent the Mario franchise though, so he doesn't count towards potential Wario franchise reps.
I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't care and would count him as one anyway. Because Sakurai.

Meta Knight actually counts as his own separate character series in Brawl's data, hence why he has his own separate victory theme.

But if anything, none of the Mario characters are really "their own franchises" anyways. People try to claim they are, but in the end, everyone sees them and thinks "Mario". It's the same for Wario and Yoshi. Yoshi especially since hasn't had his own separate game (that wasn't a port) until recently for ages anyways.

Anyway, the Waluigi thing was a joking example. Don't respond to it seriously.

Last edited:

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny that Sakurai won't show us what any of those assist trophies do. I guess it will remain a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom