• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Here's the leak that said Ashley is an AT, if anyone is interested.

Edit: Sorry, I put it in spoiler tags.

• Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • No new Star Fox characters.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
  • Villager has a female costume.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
  • No new Kirby characters.
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
  • Snake returns.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
Interesting. I hope Chrom is indeed a newcomer or I'm gonna flip some tables. Also when was this leak made?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently the backstory on the leak is complete and utter bull****.

His backstory is that he's rich and organized a field trip to Nintendo and paid Sakurai to tell him...

Last edited:

bobadz

Smash Ace
WarioWare character announced before Wario himself... is he... on his way?

Also, if Sakurai was going to put a second WW character in, Ashley would never be his first choice. I can't wait to see what she does though! She look marvellous.
Samurai Goroh was announced before Captain Falcon in brawl.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

• Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • Snake returns.
Highly interesting. We should definitely put this underwatch.

However to things make me questiom it. The whole Diddy/Dixie tag team. If theyre Zelda/Sheik type its fine i suppose but i could honesly see DK getting two new slots...

And the Miss Fit-Mr. Fit attack change. First of all most of Miss Fits moveset has already been shown (check her thread) and the only yoga pose i suppose this could work as is downward facing dog. Also its odd that it goes from butt to head or Male. I mean it makes sense but i also question it ya know?

Aside from that i could see this! Snake coming bak would be great and no cut characters from the looks of things. Welcome bac to thw family everyone :)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
He does like crazy characters... and I think in terms of craziness, Tingle wins hands down. A 30-year-old man who thinks he's a fairy and dresses in a lycra green suit?
I guess, but the backstory that swamp gave seems iffy.

Looks like we (me) jumped the gun and whoever "leaked" that just got a lucky guess.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701

• Mewtwo returns.
  • Snake returns.
No new Star Fox characters.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, an Assist Trophy from a previously represented but unannounced series. Reminds me of Samurai Goroh back on the Brawl Dojo.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Hey here's a song for my fellow devastated disappointed Ashley fans.

Who's not in the game
Only gets a passing mention
You'll forgot my name, I'm an
ASSIST TROPHY
Oh dear, I just realized it's gonna be this X1000 If Ridley gets deconfirmed. I do not look forward to that hypthetical event.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Hey here's a song for my fellow devastated disappointed Ashley fans.

Who's not in the game
Only gets a passing mention
You'll forgot my name, I'm an
ASSIST TROPHY
Hahaha made me chuckle:)

Cheer up bud, lets just be happy she made it in as an assist at least.

Also pardon me guys for the typos im on my itouch which is near death. Gnight everyone!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
There are some things on that leak that I just can't fathom, it seeming rather clean. Wonder when exactly it was recovered though. A lot of the information seems as if it was made recent.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
There are some things on that leak that I just can't fathom, it seeming rather clean. Wonder when exactly it was recovered though. A lot of the information seems as if it was made recent.
I'm sure, like all leaks, it's 100% false. Just something new to debate about until the game releases and we know for sure.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I wonder if it means Kat & Ana are replaced by Ashley. Which I think they are.
Well, the Translator leak said that they were scrapped and Ashley was the new AT for the series, and now we have Ashley, rather unexpectedly, so anything's possible - assuming you believe it's legitimate, that is.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

• Mewtwo returns.
  • Snake returns.
Hmm. So much mixed thoughts about this leak thing. Some things I like, some things I don't. Aside from me liking the Palutena bit of course, I want to put this leak to the test, starting with Diddy being the next veteran to be revealed.
Since Tropical Freeze will be released on February 13 and 21 for Japan and US/EU respectively (which is Thursday and Friday respectively), I want to see this happen. My only concern with thinking about that is that considering how we've been getting veteran reveals at a quicker rate than we used to, and we have to wait a month for Diddy's so-called reveal, I feel worried.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Another disconfirmation... this time of a character whom I actually supported. *shrugs*

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm sure, like all leaks, it's 100% false. Just something new to debate about until the game releases and we know for sure.
Last post for me i promise: i suppose we'll see next direct. If the Mii rumor is true this list is 100% false.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy its Skull Kid all over again for the supporters. Making requested characters into assist trophies seems like the norm for Sakurai nowadays lol.
Well, we shouldn't be surprised from a man who used to make requested characters into bosses (twice) back in Brawl :troll:.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
i'm pretty iffy on the whole Tingle or Ghirahim thing... do i want tingle? or do i want to see @ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel happy? hmmm... tough choice...
Gus, comparing someone's happiness to Tingle's inclusion is about as cruel as an insult as you can get, I would've preferred you to speak ill of my mother over saying such a nasty thing..

And while I have a strict "no rumor" policy because I don't like being stupid, I'll make an exception because that one mentioned Ghirahim, confirmation or not. :awesome: Rejoice Ghirahim fans, all 5 of us, let your hearts be filled with rainbows!~ :colorful:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well, the Translator leak said that they were scrapped and Ashley was the new AT for the series, and now we have Ashley, rather unexpectedly, so anything's possible - assuming you believe it's legitimate, that is.
Ashley was one of the more popular Wario Ware characters in Japan, but not the most popular so there is a small chance for a second WW/WL rep... Don't know if they really need one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A bit weird to see her before Wario himself, but it's fine. Never considered her to have a chance either way, so this is the best she could get.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Gus, comparing someone's happiness to Tingle's inclusion is about as cruel as an insult as you can get, I would've preferred you to speak ill of my mother over saying such a nasty thing..

And while I have a strict "no rumor" policy because I don't like being stupid, I'll make an exception because that one mentioned Ghirahim, confirmation or not. :awesome:
I don't know what that means, but if you support Ghirahim I'm following you.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
"Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special."

Man eff that noise, Ganondorf really deserves completely original moves aside from his already original moves.

Staarih

Smash Master
Ashley looks great! I didn't expect her to be playable anyway so I'm fine with this. Being an Assist Trophy is better than nothing. If Little Mac becomes playable it would confirm that AT's can promote to playable characters, so Ashley-supporters may hold on to that in the distant future if it helps haha.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I overslept, so I'm an hour late.

Ouch. Ashley is an AT.

She looks awesome, and a little weird. Kinda has an artificial, doll-like appearance.
And I wonder what this means for Kat and Ana.

Untitled-1.png

I thought of Kyon, so I searched and I found this:
Nevar forget.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom