• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't know what that means, but if you support Ghirahim I'm following you.
Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I love Ghirahim? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop supporting him? A character thread so desolate that without my loyalty it goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not a Ghirahim supporter, Kenith. I am the support.. A guy opens up a thread and is left breathless by stunning features and you think of me?

No.

I am the one who poses.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Here's the leak that said Ashley is an AT, if anyone is interested.

Edit: Sorry, I put it in spoiler tags.

• Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • No new Star Fox characters.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
  • Villager has a female costume.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
  • No new Kirby characters.
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
  • Snake returns.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
I could be down with this being true. I think this sounds right. This sounds...pretty right. Asides from a new random WTF retro character it sounds like a Sakurai roster.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Every single one of us thanks you for your bad humor.
Nothing wrong with wanting her inclusion (I too hope for certain characters with slim chances), but anyone who actually thought she had a good shot was setting themselves up for inevitable disappointment.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I love Ghirahim? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop supporting him? A character thread so desolate that without my loyalty it goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not a Ghirahim supporter, Kenith. I am the support.. A guy opens up a thread and is left breathless by stunning features and you think of me?

No.

I am the one who poses.
Yes it is, then. I thought I was alone. But I am not alone. For I do I have a peer.

I have reason.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I find it funny Ashley got so popular in the Smash community because her song was revealed to be in the game early. It was another one of our trademark, latch on to any fine detail for character hope, routines. That aside, I'm looking forward to seeing her in action and maybe she'll take her revenge against those that did get in.

And for those jumping on board with that rumor, this wasn't a hard guess to make. The Wario series has a lotta quirky one note characters and they'd make good assist trophies but don't count amoungst the ranks of Nintnendo All Stars.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I find it funny Ashley got so popular in the Smash community because her song was revealed to be in the game early. It was another one of our trademark, latch on to any fine detail for character hope, routines. That aside, I'm looking forward to seeing her in action and maybe she'll take her revenge against those that did get in.

And for those jumping on board with that rumor, this wasn't a hard guess to make. The Wario series has a lotta quirky one note characters and they'd make good assist trophies but don't count amoungst the ranks of Nintnendo All Stars.
She also is/was one of the more Popular Warioware characters in Japan, but still not as "important" as say Mona/Jimmy T or Captain Syrup.
Edit: and yeah, Warioware has a lot of quirky not really developed supporting characters who are great for their personas, but not really fleshed out or memorable, sadly.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The Wario series has a lotta quirky one note characters and they'd make good assist trophies but don't count amoungst the ranks of Nintnendo All Stars.
Was this a polite attempt of saying "the best WarioWare character ever has no chance go crey more LOSERS" ??? ;__;

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No one is alone, and no one is without reason.

Even those who support Ashley's inclusion in the roster.
I just realized I went through the five stages of grief with this.

1. Denial - "Oh she's totally playable. Sakurai's just saying that to troll us."
2. Anger - "SHE IS THE ONLY GOOD WARIOWARE CHARACTER. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS SAKURAI!?"
3. Bargaining - "Please, Sakurai! Make the AT Kat & Ana or Mona instead! PLEASE!!"
4. Depression - "I was so hoping she'd be a character..."
5. Acceptance - "I guess it's okay. I mean, what moves could she have, anyway?"

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
View attachment 6510

Syrup is not a WarioWare character. She's Wario Land.
I've noticed some people seem to think only the WarioWare portion of Wario is for Smash, and sadly, I can see why, since there was pretty much nothing referencing the main Wario games in Brawl...
Hell, there were hardly any Wario trophies in general aside from Wario, save for Kat and Ana, and the Wario Bike.

Pleaaaasssse let them put in content from the main Wario games. Like a Wario Land 4 stage and a Wario World stage. And maybe even something from the forgotten Virtual Boy Wario Land.

Smash 4 needs a healthy dose of both Wario Land and Wario Ware trophies, stages, and music tracks, moreso with Land.

As for Wario's moveset, I hope they don't take away the Wario Bike and Wario Waft. He already has his signature shoulder charge for his side smash, so they can simply revamp that one a little to make him go farther or to give him the ability to jump when using it.

-----

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I've noticed some people seem to think only the WarioWare portion of Wario is for Smash, and sadly, I can see why, since there was pretty much nothing referencing the main Wario games in Brawl...
Hell, there were hardly any Wario trophies in general, save for Kat and Ana, and the Wario Bike.

Pleaaaasssse let them put in content from the main Wario games. Like a Wario Land 4 stage and a Wario World stage.
Yea I was reading these posts and was like "Who's Captain Syrup?" I've played all the Wario Ware games and I was so confused lol.

Well from Brawl it ONLY looks like they're doing Wario Ware series and Wario from the Mario series. Not sure if anything outside of Wario Ware will be in Smash 4. At least that's what it's looking like so far.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hell, there were hardly any Wario trophies in general aside from Wario, save for Kat and Ana, and the Wario Bike.

Pleaaaasssse let them put in content from the main Wario games. Like a Wario Land 4 stage and a Wario World stage. Smash 4 needs a healthy dose of both Wario Land and Wario Ware trophies, stages, and music tracks, moreso with Land.

-----
YESH. I need more Wario World in my life.

I actually having been brainstorming a Wario World 2 were you play multiplayer with Wario and Waluigi.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

1. Denial - "Oh she's totally playable. Sakurai's just saying that to troll us."
2. Anger - "SHE IS THE ONLY GOOD WARIOWARE CHARACTER. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS SAKURAI!?"
3. Bargaining - "Please, Sakurai! Make the AT Kat & Ana or Mona instead! PLEASE!!"
I felt sad just reading this.

I wonder how the ratio of Assist summons works. Hopefully not like Brawl where you pretty much got the same stupid assist all the time.

I'm looking at you, Sucky... Or Saki, or whatever the frick his name was. Nobody gave a crap about that guy, anyway.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Pleaaaasssse let them put in content from the main Wario games. Like a Wario Land 4 stage and a Wario World stage. And maybe even something from the forgotten Virtual Boy Wario Land.

Smash 4 needs a healthy dose of both Wario Land and Wario Ware trophies, stages, and music tracks, moreso with Land.

As for Wario's moveset, I hope they don't take away the Wario Bike and Wario Waft. He already has his signature shoulder charge for his side smash, so they can simply revamp that one a little to make him go farther or to give him the ability to jump when using it.

-----
I do believe Sakurai said somewhere that he didn't take interest in Wario until the WarioWare series. (I am not fully sure though.)

Xaltis

Smash Hero

I did the same thing. :/

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Man he really doesn't want to show their move/effect right? We have probably three new assist trophies confirmed (Skull Kid, the Knight and now Ashley) and we only know one move of them.
Anyway I would've liked her playable, but it's not such a tragedy. Also, the less "Mario expanded universe" characters there are, the more possibilities K. Rool or Dixie have to get in.

Croco

Smash Lord
Id like to have faith in Mona though :p. Syrup would make sense though so it could balace out WarioWare and Wario Land. Jimmy would also be interesting but the girls of Wario are more popular anyhow.

So i guess its either Mona, Jimmy T., or Captain Syrup as possible final reps
Playing as Captain Syrup would be amazing.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Yeah, that supposed leak posted a few pages ago seemed super legit until they posted that moveset swap between WFT costumes. Then it lost all credibility.

EDIT: In my opinion, anyways

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Well, I was in Stage 5 to begin with. :p

TNTyoshi

Smash Rookie
Very odd we see Ashley before Wario, although this does basically confirm Wario. Witch makes me happy, but sad to see Ashley to be denied. Especially since out of all the WarioWare and WarioLand characters to be a possible second rep, they turn the best option into an assist trophy. (in my opinion) Although does this mean Kat & Ana have a better chance to be a playable character, or will they be another assist trophy reping the Wario Ware games. Maybe they will just not be a playable character or assist trophy. Who knows

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I've never played any Warioware games, so I can't share the sentiments over this Ashley character.

But if this does highlight Wario's return, I really hope they represent the Wario Land series this time (alongside Warioware). I noticed there was little to no tribute to Wario Land in SSBB, not even a song.

The way I see things, they can use a Warioware stage on Wii U, but also Wario Land stage on the 3DS. Makes the most sense.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was someone trying to say the male trainer had a different moveset than the female?

Because that sounds sexist. as well as stupid

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm looking at you, Sucky... Or Saki, or whatever the frick his name was. Nobody gave a crap about that guy, anyway.
Saki is one of the few characters I'm pretty adamant about returning as a playable character. Not to mention his AT was pretty fun to watch.

And I know I'm not alone in thinking that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's still some hope for a Wario character. I always preferred Mona myself. She's had like a million jobs so her moveset has a lot to draw from. Not to mention her animal buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom