• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think you all misinterpreted my post. I simply stated what we got in Brawl, and what we have to far revealed for Smash 4. That's it. I don't know where everyone got the idea I said characters were getting cut.
Sakurai did mention something about trying to avoid cutting anyone, but considering that we're seeing a Wii U and 3DS version of the game, the following still needs to be kept in mind...

Due to limitations with the Nintendo 3DS version of the game, certain characters from the previous installments in the series might be cut from the rosters of both versions in order to keep them consistent.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Also, I'm hoping the next character revealed is a Golden Sun representative. Sakurai knows it exists, Issac was an assist in Brawl. And with the focus on handheld stages in the 3DS version, I think one of the Lighthouses would be pretty damn sweet.

Sakurai did mention something about trying to avoid cutting anyone, but considering that we're seeing a Wii U and 3DS version of the game, the following still needs to be kept in mind...

Due to limitations with the Nintendo 3DS version of the game, certain characters from the previous installments in the series might be cut from the rosters of both versions in order to keep them consistent.
Exactly. I was pretty sure he mention he wasn't focused on just adding more characters, and he felt Brawl had a good number roster wise.

pitthekit

Smash Ace

Sakurai! Why! Ug curse the 3ds.

Shroob

Sup?

Well, we've seen Olimar, which may be one of the most 'complex' characters due to Pikmin AI, so I'm pretty confident.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai! Why! Ug curse the 3ds.
I think the 3DS's main problem is the amount of information that it can load up at the same time. In Pokemon X/Y, the horde battles, for some odd reason, can cause the game to lag, which is very odd when compared to the triple battles and rotation battles.

Don't mess with Sonic >:c Also, he clearly has a new side-B on this game, the lightspeed dash...now I just want Sonic Boost and Sonic Wind...seriously, just imagine Sonic Boost, that'd be so awesome...you know...it'd be the first time you actually boost-to-win with Sonic in a game.
He doesn't have a new side B. Honestly though, I would rather him stay how he is than have Sonic Wind, that's him just spawning a tornado for no reason, essentially a multiplayer cockblock from Sonic Adventure 2 (My favorite game, like...ever).

If he keeps anything from that game it should be a modification of his side B, you should be able to press B and do that sliding kick he does during it while still retaining its jump cancel ability. It would make sense since the theme of the character is essentially to do ground to air series attacks and it would give him something to differentiate from his faster spin dash.

One thing that people overlook about the spin dashes is that they may be aesthetically similar but function differently. His down B is faster and gives you momentum but needs to be charged and can't be DI'd mid recovery. Side B spin is slower and can be done almost immediately. It allows you to control the direction you move on the ground as well as giving you multiple hits. You could even spin dash up by hitting up on the c-stick as you charge. So for people criticizing his moves, I suggest playing with him before finalizing on how generic he is.

If there is one thing that should be changed it should be his Nair. I feel like it needs some more kick, similar to how his mid air attack in Sonic 3 worked.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Also, I'm hoping the next character revealed is a Golden Sun representative. Sakurai knows it exists, Issac was an assist in Brawl. And with the focus on handheld stages in the 3DS version, I think one of the Lighthouses would be pretty damn sweet.

Exactly. I was pretty sure he mention he wasn't focused on just adding more characters, and he felt Brawl had a good number roster wise.
but that's not confirming we wont see a reasonable increase in roster

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT? NO ONE IS MAKING ANY SENSE TO WHAT I AM SAYING.

I said I hope for Golden Sun rep and THATS what you say?
Dude........second part of your comment....

He should've deleted the part he wasn't responding to though

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So, any thought on what we could get tomorrow if it isn't Dedede or Meta Knight? Maybe a Kirby stage?

If Dedede is revealed tomorrow, I would love to see a Return to Dreamland stage along with him.

Shroob

Sup?
So, any thought on what we could get tomorrow if it isn't Dedede or Meta Knight? Maybe a Kirby stage?

If Dedede is revealed tomorrow, I would love to see a Return to Dreamland stage along with him.
If it's the Lor Starcutter, people will be going nuts over that 'leak'.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
He doesn't have a new side B. Honestly though, I would rather him stay how he is than have Sonic Wind, that's him just spawning a tornado for no reason, essentially a multiplayer cockblock from Sonic Adventure 2 (My favorite game, like...ever).

If he keeps anything from that game it should be a modification of his side B, you should be able to press B and do that sliding kick he does during it while still retaining its jump cancel ability. It would make sense since the theme of the character is essentially to do ground to air series attacks and it would give him something to differentiate from his faster spin dash.

One thing that people overlook about the spin dashes is that they may be aesthetically similar but function differently. His down B is faster and gives you momentum but needs to be charged and can't be DI'd mid recovery. Side B spin is slower and can be done almost immediately. It allows you to control the direction you move on the ground as well as giving you multiple hits. You could even spin dash up by hitting up on the c-stick as you charge. So for people criticizing his moves, I suggest playing with him before finalizing on how generic he is.

If there is one thing that should be changed it should be his Nair. I feel like it needs some more kick, similar to how his mid air attack in Sonic 3 worked.

Excuse me, does that look like a Spindash to you?

D

Deleted member

In terms of what the individual moves are, alone in a vacuum, I could maybe consider that viewpoint. I disagree, however, when looking at how they convey the character of Dedede in action. Dedede is a grumpy, grouchy guy, evidenced by his angry faces during his hammer attacks like F-Smash, and is yet not inherently bad, evidenced by his rather jolly demeanor otherwise. His selfishness is portrayed quite well through his blatant disregard for his minions, while his comical clumsiness comes across through his dash attack and goofy animations and noises (the lazy crouch being perhaps the most notable). I just think he's a very expressive character, and I can't say that about many others, although granted, they aren't afforded the additional personality that comes with the territory of being an on-and-off antagonist.
Do his aggravating antics even sicken Sakurai?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Excuse me, does that look like a Spindash to you?
At around 30 seconds he does his spin dash

edit:ninja'd

That move is probably one of 3 things

1. Dacus up smash that spikes link

2. Dair that smashes link

3. someone offscreen doing something else to spike link

It's probably not gonna be a new move

edit#2: reverse ninja'd. seems swamp knows the most about sanic here

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
For a RtD stage, I think it'd have to be the Starcutter or just plain old Cookie Country. Those are the only ones that stick out. Of course, it's wild speculation. I'm just kinda hoping for something substantial tomorrow.
I'd much rather a stage based on egg engines.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
If Sakurai's bringing some melee stages back, I hope Fountain of dreams comes back, that would look beautiful in HD!

But liek others already mentioned cookie country is a good contender
I love Fountain of Dreams...and it's music!

It was the only non-hazardous stage for the Kirby franchise in the history of Smash.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
On the topic of Kirby, I wonder how his stages will be this game?
I wasn't totally happy with the Kirby stages in Brawl. I'm hoping we get Grape Garden from Nightmare in Dream Land (ft. Kracko, of course) and Castle Dedede from Epic Yarn.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I wasn't totally happy with the Kirby stages in Brawl. I'm hoping we get Grape Garden from Nightmare in Dream Land (ft. Kracko, of course) and Castle Dedede from Epic Yarn.
I am not even a big Kirby fan and I was extremely underwhelmed as well, which is surprising coming from Sakurai himself. I mean it is his beloved series.

I want the Halberd to return, I'd really enjoy a Bubbly Cloud or Butter Building stage. They could easily combine the two. I'd love a stage that works in Nova from Kirby Super Star in the background. Nova has a great design I'd love to see in HD. That and any reference to Marx is a good thing.

An Epic Yarn stage would be pretty great, probably the best option. The music options alone (cute remixes of Green Greens, Butter Building, and Bubbly Clouds) make it worth having.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Well at least with there being a Wii U and 3DS version, we'll definitely be getting 2 new Kirby stages (albeit separated). I hope we can get two (new) awesome ones on the Wii U though :colorful:.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I am not even a big Kirby fan and I was extremely underwhelmed as well, which is surprising coming from Sakurai himself. I mean it is his beloved series.
Didn't Sakurai say that he wanted to avoid over-saturation from his own franchises?

Halberd stage is amazing, but the lack of a typical Kirby stage was jarring . Odd part about this was the music. It was all boss remixes to match the feel of the Halberd. They were all really good, but didn't feel very Kirby. It's like having all of Mario's music be rock remixes of castle levels. It'll sound great, but doesn't match the series it's representing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom