• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Shy Guys on Rainbow Road?

... ... ...looks like Rainbow Road is banned, guys.
Everything on the 3DS version is banned cause, let's face it, the tourney players sure as hell aren't going to use the 3DS version for their tournaments. They'll use the Wii U version.

Thinking anything otherwise would be just plain silly and giving them too much credit. ¦D

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
If we have rainbow road on 3ds, what mario kart stage will we have on wii u, if any?
Maybe a Mario Kart 8 Rainbow Road stage (so many caps) or some popular Mario kart track .
I would have loved the musical road , I don't its name .

How come if I change the font size I can't get back to the exact same as before ?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Maybe a Mario Kart 8 Rainbow Road stage (so many caps) or some popular Mario kart track .
I would have loved the musical road , I don't its name .
Melody Motorway. It's an awesome track! I don't think we'll get another Mario Kart stage though. If the spin-offs were included as a stage on the Wii U version, I'd love to see the madness of a Mario Party stage.

Also I hope this song plays on the Pilotwings stage:

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
Well then, there you go.

The difference here, imo, is that 3D World I feel was their planned big seller for Christmas, so they waited to reveal Rosalina via the direct.

But regardless, Peach still 'technically' is the reveal for 3D world, or at least one of them.
Princess Peach debuted in Super Mario Bros. which was released on September 13, 1985. Peach's reveal for Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS was around that date so it's pretty clear her reveal was centered on the anniversary of her debut to the Super Mario series.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
WARNING: Do not over hype. I want DeDeDe too, but if he doesn't come I'll have to read everyone's *****y comments about how Lord Sakurai is a douche.
Well, if he doesn't reveal DeDeDe or Meta Knight tomorrow he IS a douche.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm not going to get over hyped I'm reminding myself we all expected someone confirmed for pokemon x and y and nothing happened

Just remind Ming myself to not get overhyped

But if dedede or meta knight gets confirmed tomorrow yay

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Whenever Sakurai doesn't decide to show a character on a day people expect its apparently considered trolling. :rolleyes:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's about bloody time we see an antagonist other than Bowser, and maybe another heavyweight to boot.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually, he's kind of broken in all the games he's playable in except Canvas Curse where he's hilariously terrible.
Return to Dream Land should probably get a mention too. Even Bandanna Waddle Dee can clear The Arena faster than what Meta Knight could ever accomplish.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Return to Dream Land should probably get a mention too. Even Bandanna Waddle Dee can clear The Arena faster than what Meta Knight could ever accomplish.
I'd argue everyone is good in Return to Dreamland though which, to its credit, was one of the reasons why it's probably in my top three favorite multiplayer games for the Wii.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm going to go ahead and hype myself anyways just because Dedede's one of the four veterans I want to see return the most (the others being Wario, Ness, and the Ice Climbers). I know he's coming eventually but I'd prefer for Sakurai to simply get it out of the way now.

D

Deleted member

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/peach.html

While she didn't coincide with the release date, she was revealed waaaaaaay before it and has always linked to it to my knowledge.
Having the link to the game =/= being the release reveal. Rosalina also has the link to 3D World, but she was revealed after it.

Marth has the link to Awakening (US)/Heroes of Light and Shadow (JP). Does that mean he was revealed for those games' releases?

So no. We didn't get a character for 3D World's release. What we got is a picture of Mario, Luigi, and Peach while using Toad Guard.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Since Sakurai seems to be recycling so many assets for stages, I wonder what he is going to do with F-Zero? A new, HD GX stage? That's the biggest mystery for me.

Oh, and we're 100% getting a Kirby reveal tonight

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Having the link to the game =/= being the release reveal. Rosalina also has the link to 3D World, but she was revealed after it.

Marth has the link to Awakening (US)/Heroes of Light and Shadow (JP). Does that mean he was revealed for those games' releases?

So no. We didn't get a character for 3D World's release. What we got is a picture of Mario, Luigi, and Peach while using Toad Guard.
Pretty sure the only reason we didn't get rosalina revealed that day was the whole "newcomer" thing, so i'd still count X/Y to be the only major release that doesn't have a newcomer announced because of it.
And i'm pretty sure nothing FE is coming out very soon, especially not concerning marth, so that's why they decided to reveal him early. I could see chrom being announced alongside some Fe X smt news (after an ike reveal to cover all FE veterans) but that's about it for expected fire emblem announcements.

Last edited:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
I see people on Miiverse asking for 3D pictures. Does this scare anyone else?
In a cosmic sort of way, yeah.

And the D is on his way. I can see him now....with Masked D as his final smash. You know every heavyweight veteran should have his moveset overhauled just like Bowser. Just cause. :colorful:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Pretty sure the only reason we didn't get rosalina revealed that day was the whole "newcomer" thing, so i'd still count X/Y to be the only major release that doesn't have a newcomer announced because of it.
And that may have been more to due with gamefreak/TPC wanting to keep things secret, or the fact that Pikachu might be the only non-hidden Pokemon depending on if PT returns.

D

Deleted member

And that may have been more to due with gamefreak/TPC wanting to keep things secret, or the fact that Pikachu might be the only non-hidden Pokemon depending on if PT returns.
So what, are Luigi, Toon Link, Marth, and Rosalina assumed to not be hidden characters?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
In a cosmic sort of way, yeah.

And the D is on his way. I can see him now....with Masked D as his final smash. You know every heavyweight veteran should have his moveset overhauled just like Bowser. Just cause. :colorful:
D3 pictures are necessity.
3D pictures are insanity.

On a related note: They need to give him fewer hammer twirls (he has about 7), and at least one fast hammer swing, like in KSSU. If they can tweak his dash to be slightly more practical (while maintaining his most iconic pose) and make his dair or nair a body slam, I'll be happy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So what, are Luigi, Toon Link, Marth, and Rosalina assumed to not be hidden characters?
Hard to say. Rosalina likely is in the starting roster while Luigi and Marth have been long overdue to be in the starting roster. I'd be okay with Toon Link being in the starting roster too. People may flail their arms and complain about "clones" being in the starting roster but Street Fighter has had Ryu and Ken for years and yet no one bats an eye about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom