• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anything else would be better because right now it is one of the most awkward moves to try to land. *slowly waddles towards you with a fuming jet engine* So many of his moves are just plain satisfying to land with my favorite, of course, being a sweet spotted fsmash.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I once tried to main Dedede, but I couldn't get a hold of him. My playstyle ended up being recovery, Waddle Dee throw, repeat.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Anything else would be better because right now it is one of the most awkward moves to try to land. *slowly waddles towards you with a fuming jet engine* So many of his moves are just plain satisfying to land with my favorite, of course, being a sweet spotted fsmash.
Dat Dedede shuffle doh :troll:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Dedede was my original choice for a main. He was the only newcomer/character aside from Samus that really interested me. Granted, I wound up using everyone/random most of the time.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I once tried to main Dedede, but I couldn't get a hold of him. My playstyle ended up being recovery, Waddle Dee throw, repeat.
Dedede is my worst character by a million miles. I really wanted to be good with him, but I just can't for some reason, he's so clumsy. My brother mains him and kicks big-time ass with him too, and he says I use all the wrong moves at the wrong time. The only moves that seem to work with him are Waddle Dee Throw, F-Smash and B-Air, but I guess I'm not supposed to use them all the time. The Rocket Hammer is also fun to use sometimes.

Even if I suck at him he's still funny as **** to play as though. One of the most fun characters in the game to play as actually. Really excited for him in this game, I really hope we'll see him tommorow (or tonight, depending on where you live.)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dedede has probably the most personality in his moveset out of any Brawl newcomer, or hell, any newcomer, period. It's no wonder he became the most wanted Nintendo newcomer (him or Diddy) after Brawl's reveal trailer.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Dedede has probably the most personality in his moveset out of any Brawl newcomer, or hell, any newcomer, period. It's no wonder he became the most wanted Nintendo newcomer (him or Diddy) after Brawl's reveal trailer.
Are you kidding? He has one of the most generic, uninspiring movesets in brawl. (To me, at least...) It's just hammer swings, a few kicks, and a head move.

I can't speak for who has a personality filled moveset, but Dedede's certainly isn't.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Kinda new here, sorry for the noob question, but why is everyone saying there's going to be a character reveal tonight? Does it usually coincide with a game release? Everyone keeps saying a Kirby character is going to be released, is there a game coming out today or something?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Kinda new here, sorry for the noob question, but why is everyone saying there's going to be a character reveal tonight? Does it usually coincide with a game release? Everyone keeps saying a Kirby character is going to be released, is there a game coming out today or something?
Kirby Triple Deluxe is coming out in Japan on Saturday. Characters have coincided with game releases before, but since the Kirby series was created by Sakurai it seems all too likely that there'd be a reveal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dedede's one of my favorite Nintendo characters largely because he's a stereotypical politician: he's lazy but he does good (if he feels like it), he commands authority but hardly anyone takes him seriously, and he royally abuses his power that he did not even honestly earn to get his way. People think he's a joke but he doesn't care because he just does whatever he wants anyways. He's not evil, just a bit of a dastard (like most people in real life) and that's why Wario's another one of my favorites too.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Are you kidding? He has one of the most generic, uninspiring movesets in brawl. (To me, at least...) It's just hammer swings, a few kicks, and a head move.

I can't speak for who has a personality filled moveset, but Dedede's certainly isn't.
In terms of what the individual moves are, alone in a vacuum, I could maybe consider that viewpoint. I disagree, however, when looking at how they convey the character of Dedede in action. Dedede is a grumpy, grouchy guy, evidenced by his angry faces during his hammer attacks like F-Smash, and is yet not inherently bad, evidenced by his rather jolly demeanor otherwise. His selfishness is portrayed quite well through his blatant disregard for his minions, while his comical clumsiness comes across through his dash attack and goofy animations and noises (the lazy crouch being perhaps the most notable). I just think he's a very expressive character, and I can't say that about many others, although granted, they aren't afforded the additional personality that comes with the territory of being an on-and-off antagonist.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I think I'm like, the only one upset at the fact we aren't getting more Zelda screenshots? I mean I'm thrilled we got one with her S tilt, it looks amazing. So much better than the sparkles. But still, everytime someone else has been revealed, we get a week (or in Peach's case, TWO) of screens of the character. Zelda is my favorite and I'm glad she's at least been reveleaed, but I don't want her thrown under the bus AGAIN.

Still, it's nice we get 11 screens upon reveal compared to the 4 we used to get on the DOJO.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, I personally think Dedede has one of the best movesets out of any character in Smash Bros, and not best as in it kicks ass, but best as in it compliments the character perfectly while also being very fun and unique. There's no character who bullies the opposing player the same way that Dedede does.

You wanna talk generic? Sonic's the name, spinning's his game!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think I'm like, the only one upset at the fact we aren't getting more Zelda screenshots? I mean I'm thrilled we got one with her S tilt, it looks amazing. So much better than the sparkles. But still, everytime someone else has been revealed, we get a week (or in Peach's case, TWO) of screens of the character. Zelda is my favorite and I'm glad she's at least been reveleaed, but I don't want her thrown under the bus AGAIN.

Still, it's nice we get 11 screens upon reveal compared to the 4 we used to get on the DOJO.
Well just because another character gets revealed (assuming we get a reveal tomorrow) doesn't mean Zelda will just be sitting at the sidelines from there on out. In fact, I found it kinda funny how after Sonic's reveal everyone started getting all smug with him stealing Toon Link's thunder and yet he still got quite a good amount of screentime from Sakurai afterwards anyway without being pushed aside. :upsidedown:

So basically what I'm saying is, even if we get Dedede tomorrow that doesn't mean that Sakurai will mostly focus on him from there on out until the next character reveal, if he wants to show some stuff in regards to Zelda or just wants to show some more screenshots with her included then he will do so regardless.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hard to say. Rosalina likely is in the starting roster while Luigi and Marth have been long overdue to be in the starting roster. I'd be okay with Toon Link being in the starting roster too. People may flail their arms and complain about "clones" being in the starting roster but Street Fighter has had Ryu and Ken for years and yet no one bats an eye about that.
Seeing Rosalina as a starter seems rather out of place if you asked me. In every Mario title that she's been playable, she's always been an unlockable. Besides, we don't really know which of the confirmed characters are the starters anyway.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Dedede is awesome when you're doing a 4 player battle. His down special is great for shenanigans :) (I do decent with 1 on 1, but I think he's better suited for free for all)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Dedede and Wario I thought had the most personality in their movesets. I really liked Dedede when I got Brawl, but I ended up maining Wario because I played him better than I did Dedede and he moved a lot quicker. I still use Dedede a lot though.

Using Wario a lot got me used to the fast aerial character he was and forced me to go play previous Smash games to see who I'd do best with. I ended up maining Jigglypuff in 64 and Melee from there on out.

But Dedede still has a special place in my heart.

<3 :dedede:

Morbi

Scavenger
Wasn't Sakurai the voice-actor for King Dedede; if so, that creeps me out, I suppose it adds to the whole "personality thing", but I can't deny that it gave me nightmares.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Seeing Rosalina as a starter seems rather out of place if you asked me. In every Mario title that she's been playable, she's always been an unlockable. Besides, we don't really know which of the confirmed characters are the starters anyway.
Well I'm wondering if he's not planning to show any unlockable characters until after the release, like he did with Brawl.

But Luigi will most likely be unlockable. As for newcomers, I feel really strongly he's only showing starter newcomers first.

And didn't Sakurai say he wasn't trying to get more characters in the game this time? I'm sure it'll be 40 or less. It was 36 in the last game, right? So I would think 12 newcomers, 12 veterans, and 12 hidden characters, with 4 of them being newcomers.

So that's 16 new comers, and 20 vets.

We've gotten 4 new comers so far, and 16 vets.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well I'm wondering if he's not planning to show any unlockable characters until after the release, like he did with Brawl.

But Luigi will most likely be unlockable. As for newcomers, I feel really strongly he's only showing starter newcomers first.

And didn't Sakurai say he wasn't trying to get more characters in the game this time? I'm sure it'll be 40 or less. It was 36 in the last game, right? So I would think 12 newcomers, 12 veterans, and 12 hidden characters, with 4 of them being newcomers.

Do you really think they would cut over 10 characters?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm not sure what you're getting at here, I personally think Dedede has one of the best movesets out of any character in Smash Bros, and not best as in it kicks ***, but best as in it compliments the character perfectly while also being very fun and unique. There's no character who bullies the opposing player the same way that Dedede does.

You wanna talk generic? Sonic's the name, spinning's his game!
Don't mess with Sonic >:c Also, he clearly has a new side-B on this game, the lightspeed dash...now I just want Sonic Boost and Sonic Wind...seriously, just imagine Sonic Boost, that'd be so awesome...you know...it'd be the first time you actually boost-to-win with Sonic in a game.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

16 characters cut?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591

man I thought my expetations were low with 45-50(max). The game revolves around newcomers and sakurai is no dummy we will have plenty of them.

Anyway I like when veterans get revealed because that one step closer to him having to reveal some new characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom