• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's hoping we get something new and Kirby related tomorrow. Even if it's not MK or DDD I hope it's Four Kirbies with the hats of all the new characters.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Let's see, they currently have:
3 Playable Characters
An Assist Trophy
A total of 5 stages.
And had a major role in SSE.
Yep, under-saturated...
Kirby's stages in Brawl were pretty depressing, though. ONE new stage alongside a Melee stage. He had the same amount of stage representation as two much smaller series, Earthbound and F-Zero.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Kirby's stages in Brawl were pretty depressing, though. ONE new stage alongside a Melee stage. He had the same amount of stage representation as two much smaller series, Earthbound and F-Zero.
But it's not like they haven't gotten enough, though I do admit the Kirby franchise could have better stages. It's not like the ones we got we're terrible...

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Not to mention kirby had 1 rep in melee, as opposed to mario's 5, zelda's 5 and pokemon's 4. Kirby is the most underrepresented of the top 4

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Not to mention kirby had 1 rep in melee, as opposed to mario's 5, zelda's 5 and pokemon's 4. Kirby is the most underrepresented of the top 4
Still funny that he was the center of the roster

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Halberd stage is amazing, but the lack of a typical Kirby stage was jarring . Odd part about this was the music. It was all boss remixes to match the feel of the Halberd. They were all really good, but didn't feel very Kirby. It's like having all of Mario's music be rock remixes of castle levels. It'll sound great, but doesn't match the series it's representing at all.
I have to say, after three Smash games with no Bowser stage, I'd welcome that sort of Mario series music with open arms.

Also, anyone complaining about a lack of Kirby content in Smash needs to take a step back and be reminded that Kirby is lucky Sakurai is biased enough to make him part of "The Top Four" in the first place.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I have to say, after three Smash games with no Bowser stage, I'd welcome that sort of Mario series music with open arms.

Also, anyone complaining about a lack of Kirby content in Smash needs to take a step back and be reminded that Kirby is lucky Sakurai is biased enough to make him part of "The Top Four" in the first place.
Why? not counting the many mario franchises, (and wii sports) he's the 4th best selling nintendo franchise. of course he's gonna be top 4

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Why? not counting the many mario franchises, (and wii sports) he's the 4th best selling nintendo franchise. of course he's gonna be top 4
Nope. Donkey Kong is far from "a Mario franchise," and its titular ape is more important as a Nintendo character than Kirby in each and every sense imaginable.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Nope. Donkey Kong is far from "a Mario franchise,"
Far from a mario franchise? Seeing as he and mario have debuted in the same game, and he has been a mario side character for god knows how long, i counted him as a spinoff franchise to mario, same with yoshi and wario. not to mention he's gotten an 11 year head start on selling games.

and its titular ape is more important as a Nintendo character than Kirby in each and every sense imaginable.
lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong and Wii are the big fives franchises.

Kirby, Metroid, Pikmin, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem are probably in the second tier right now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Kirby's prominence is likely due to Hal working on the game in addition to anything going on with Sakurai. Apparently Pokemon is really hard to work with due to all game freak's restrictions and I guess the same goes for other characters with licencing attached so the characters used the most are Nintendo in house characters Mario and Link followed by Kirby who wouldn't usually appear alongside them but since Hal is working on it there's no additional licence to work with.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Kirby is in the top four sales or no sales, he's very likable. (he's 5th if you wanna get technical.)

Deal with it.

At least DK is part of the original 8/12 so there's that. There shouldn't be an argument about this type of thing anyway.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't care, still waiting to see what happens. Either the world burns, or we get something interesting. Expecting the former, hope you like Wii Fit Trainer's booty.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Far from a mario franchise? Seeing as he and mario have debuted in the same game, and he has been a mario side character for god knows how long, i counted him as a spinoff franchise to mario, same with yoshi and wario. not to mention he's gotten an 11 year head start on selling games.

lol
The Donkey Kong franchise stands on its own completely separate from Mario's, and for a good long while before Pokemon came onto the scene, was Nintendo's second best-selling franchise (it stayed Nintendo's third best for even longer until Zelda eventually passed it during the pre-Returns Decade of Nothing). If you want to invalidate all of that because of a few games of tennis and golf, be my guest, but it doesn't speak well to Kirby's alleged importance over Donkey Kong to focus specifically on dismissing DK's credentials and loling rather than building up Kirby's.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but...but...I like Kirby better! That's all that matters!

I wonder why the Pokemon Company is so hard to work with. Granted we know very little of their relationship with Sakurai, but given what he's said it sounds stressful.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
So, any thought on what we could get tomorrow if it isn't Dedede or Meta Knight? Maybe a Kirby stage?

If Dedede is revealed tomorrow, I would love to see a Return to Dreamland stage along with him.
I'm becoming an archaeologist, what with all my digging...
While a Lor Starcutter stage would be cool, RTDL is overrated. I like that it brings back old enemies, and both Arenas are cool, but it's too slow, and it butchered several hats (most notably Bomb and Crash).
Personally, I think FoD should make a comeback in glorious HD, along with a SSU stage (not Halberd), preferably with Computer Virus.
I would say Air Ride too, but the amount of tour stages we have is, well...

Seriously, we literally (to my knowledge) have more touring stages than normal ones.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm becoming an archaeologist, what with all my digging...
While a Lor Starcutter stage would be cool, RTDL is overrated. I like that it brings back old enemies, and both Arenas are cool, but it's too slow, and it butchered several hats (most notably Bomb and Crash).
Personally, I think FoD should make a comeback in glorious HD, along with a SSU stage (not Halberd), preferably with Computer Virus.
I would say Air Ride too, but the amount of tour stages we have is, well...

Seriously, we literally (to my knowledge) have more touring stages than normal ones.
But....Crash never had a hat?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The Donkey Kong franchise stands on its own completely separate from Mario's, and for a good long while before Pokemon came onto the scene, was Nintendo's second best-selling franchise (it stayed Nintendo's third best for even longer until Zelda eventually passed it during the pre-Returns Decade of Nothing). If you want to invalidate all of that because of a few games of tennis and golf, be my guest, but it doesn't speak well to Kirby's alleged importance over Donkey Kong to focus specifically on dismissing DK's credentials and loling rather than building up Kirby's.

its titular ape is more important as a Nintendo character than Kirby in each and every sense imaginable.
I was laughing at the above sentence, what exactly about the big ape makes it more important than kirby in each and every sense imaginable? and even then, who would want what basically amounts to two mario characters in the top 4 over 4 unique franchises?
and also
http://nintendoeverything.com/japanese-poll-determines-most-popular-smash-bros-characters/

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was laughing at the above sentence, what exactly about the big ape makes it more important than kirby in each and every sense imaginable? and even then, who would want what basically amounts to two mario characters in the top 4 over 4 unique franchises?
and also
http://nintendoeverything.com/japanese-poll-determines-most-popular-smash-bros-characters/
The fact that the Donkey Kong series dwarfs the Kirby series sales-wise, always has for decades now, and the fact that the name "Donkey Kong" is part and parcel with Nintendo's arguably most iconic game of all-time, one that may never be topped. Again, Donkey Kong appearing in tennis and golf games with Mario doesn't invalidate the complete uniqueness of his franchise as a separate entity from Mario. Also, great job actually pulling up a poll, but that's looking at who's popular within the game of Smash (Brawl, it seems), not who should have objectively been portrayed as one of Nintendo's most iconic four characters back during the original SSB's 1999 development.

Some guy said that none of this actually matters on the last page, and I agree, I'm just trying to give some perspective as to how fortunate the Kirby series is that its creator is Smash's director, and how this grants it some additional perks in terms of content that it otherwise might not enjoy.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Some guy said that none of this actually matters on the last page, and I agree, I'm just trying to give some perspective as to how fortunate the Kirby series is that its creator is Smash's director, and how this grants it some additional perks in terms of content that it otherwise might not enjoy.
Hai there, I'm some guy.

Yes I know. Without sakurai it'd probably be different, not trying to knock on you or anything if that's what you felt.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I couldn't find any overall polls for nintendo chars, sadly.
And also, popularity isn't much of a factor in smash games, Other than the top 4 being popular characters, most other characters stay because they're all unique and bring something new to the table.
at least that's what sakurai wants us to think

I'm just a bit disappointed that Sakurai hasn't gotten any ideas (mainly stage wise in this case) on the many unique things the kirby franchise can bring to the table.

one more thing, Donkey kong has appeared in a lot more then tennis and golf games, mario kart, mario party, and mario vs donkey kong for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom